It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Church, in History and for Contemporary Times. To be continued LORD willing.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

If he did as you do, he would have to comeback with 25 more to reply . . .
I'm not worried too much about that since I don't see anyone with a reply to my posts, other than you quoting the Catholic Church pretending that scripture supports their doctrines.
It's pretty simple, either the Bible supports your theories, or it doesn't.
I think that I have sufficiently demonstrated that they don't.

As for your current argument, if you pretended that the Bible is literal, that wouldn't help your case either.
Literal or figurative, the Bible doesn't support your claims, if it is read properly, according to the original language it was written in, and according to the context.
edit on 2-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

If he did as you do, he would have to comeback with 25 more to reply . . .
I'm not worried too much about that since I don't see anyone with a reply to my posts, other than you quoting the Catholic Church pretending that scripture supports their doctrines.
It's pretty simple, either the Bible supports your theories, or it doesn't.
I think that I have sufficiently demonstrated that they don't.

As for your current argument, if you pretended that the Bible is literal, that wouldn't help your case either.
Literal or figurative, the Bible doesn't support your claims, if it is read properly, according to the original language it was written in, and according to the context.

Right, tee hee, Jesus death on the Cross was not real, it was figurative.

See, you remain forever your own pope. You are closed to the fact the Bible you place as your authority for
God's revelation is a CATHOLIC book. It is going to take God to show you. God's "awakening" is not far off.

The Bible does not interpret itself. Who in Protestantism from your claim is reading it "properly" because there
are forty thousand Protestant sects so divided over the Bible, they start their own church.

Thank you and God bless you for your single reply. Means a lot to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias
You are somehow right the word "ܐܒܝ" is "Abi" means "my father" so all Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic languages have the same root and they have many words in common.
edit on 3-6-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

I think I spelled it wrong It is not ܐܠܐ. this word means "but". Allah is the word ܐܠܗܐ means "Elaha" or "Alaha" even nowadays it is used in Arabic with a bit different accent. you can find it here :
biblehub.com...
www.academia.edu...
edit on 3-6-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I find your comments so far off basis I can't help but wonder if you are a shill, a troll, or if you are serious. Forgive me.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The Bible does not interpret itself.
So how is that relevant to anything I said?
I generally speak against that methodology.
Looking at an actual allusion being made to an earlier writing, is different.
That is a legitimate technique for interpreting what the person making the allusion is doing, if he is making a metaphor or not, or if he is just citing a supporting reference.

Who in Protestantism from your claim is reading it "properly" because there are forty thousand Protestant sects so divided over the Bible, they start their own church.
I am right because I believe that people have the right to read the Bible, without a pope to tell him what it "really" means.
Whatever I think, is right, according to my own opinion.
Anyone else's opinion doesn't matter, as long as some organization calling itself "the church" is not given power by the state to persecute people who disagree with that self-appointed authority.
You always have people who will make themselves king if no one else stops them.
Those persons are by definition, insane, and should never be allowed to get that authority by all the sane people in the world.
Sadly, there is also a certain segment of the population who worship power and are all to ready to bend the knee to anyone able to attain it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrphilosophias
I find your comments so far off basis I can't help but wonder if you are a shill, a troll, or if you are serious. Forgive me.

The basis of my comments were gospels. How can it be off basis. What do you mean exactly.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: maes2

originally posted by: mrphilosophias

The basis of my comments were gospels. How can it be off basis. What do you mean exactly.

I should have clarified. I was talking to Dewey.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

That threw me off, too.
So what are you saying, that since my views are so out of agreement from yours, I must be some sort of deviant?
I would say that you are unwittingly playing the role of shill, voicing the interpretations handed down by the bureaucracy of a megalithic institution.
To you, someone who thinks for himself would seem really alien.
I suggest that you take a real critical look at yourself, as to why exactly you believe the things that you do.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

That threw me off, too.
So what are you saying, that since my views are so out of agreement from yours, I must be some sort of deviant?
I would say that you are unwittingly playing the role of shill, voicing the interpretations handed down by the bureaucracy of a megalithic institution.
To you, someone who thinks for himself would seem really alien.
I suggest that you take a real critical look at yourself, as to why exactly you believe the things that you do.

This is a lesson folks,

Jim Dewey said it himself...

"Whatever I think, is right, according to my own opinion.
Anyone else's opinion doesn't matter, as long as some organization calling itself "the church" is not given power by the state to persecute people who disagree with that self-appointed authority."

Jim does not see this is one of the major errors of Protestantism. Jim decides for himself the meaning of God's written revelation, the Bible AND decides his own justification! That's crazy, with our fall nature, everyone would do the same. Who would hold the Truth?

Jim just professed above being his own "self appointed authority" AND follows with protesting "the Church", to doing the same. The difference is the Church, her authority is God given.

Why are there 40,000 plus splits, groups, denominations in Protestantism?

"Whatever I think, is right according to my opinion."

Worthless...

Most Protestant pastors convert to the Faith when they question themselves and discover another ~ two things:

1. They realize, by whose "authority" do I believe what I do?

2. They read the quotes of the Early Church Fathers (some of them Apostolic Fathers, men who knew the Apostles).

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Jim does not see this is one of the major errors of Protestantism.
There is the church, and then there is something else, that is men who love to lord it over others, calling itself, "The Church", that likes nothing better than getting states to give it authority to enforce the acknowledgement from the people that in fact they are exactly what they claim to be.
edit on 14-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Please take the time to read this through. Do not pass over it with a minimum of concern.

Please spend some time in prayer before God. The scriptures say (paraphrasing) we are not good. Our 'goodness' is like dirty tampons. We are sinners. Because sin is like crime against God, it must be punished. It's the law. The punishment is death. God didn't create us for death. He created us for paradise, He created us for friendship with Him, He created us for joy, and to know His great love! So God came up with a plan, and became a Man, but without sin, and then He allowed Himself to be handed over, falsley tried and convicted of a crime for which He was NOT guilty. Thats what the thief who was crucified next to Him said "we deserve this, but Jesus did nothing wrong"!

He was crucified. Woe! Can you imagine? He made us! We sinned against Him! Yet His love for YOU, for ME, for all of us who believe and accept Him, His love is so great, that He ALLOWED Himself to be crucified. He took YOUR place! He died for YOU! He died so that you could live! His love is that great Chris! Jesus is not dead though! He is risen!

If we acknowledge our guilt before Him, that we HAVE sinned against Him; if we SEARCH for bitter tears of sorrow, for this is only right; if we lament our sins against our God, our God who is so Loving towards us; if we reflect upon the fact that it should have been us nailed to the cross for our sins against God, upon the fact that it might as well have been YOU that nailed Him to the tree, yet still He prays "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"; if we do these things then you would see that God is not a tyrant. God is awesome! God is soooo good!

Truley, in this world we have no greater friend then Jesus, and there is no greater friend we could have! Jesus cries out to us. He cries out even now! From Gethsemane He cries for YOU! He loves you! He calls us for us to come, to come as we are, to draw unto Him even as sinners, so that He can take away our sins, so that He can wipe away our tears and show us just how much He loves us! Jesus is the Good sheppard, and we are His sheep! All have gone astray like sheep. Jesus is the Good Sheppard Who laid His life down for His SHEEP! He loves us with an unfailing love!

There is no greater love than a man who dies for his friends. Jesus died for us while we were His enemies, and invites into friendship with Him! Jesus is a Hero! Indeed He is the Hero of heroes!

I beg you to spend some time with Him, to open His Word even, for He is the Word, and He is alive! Do you own a Bible? If not you are like a man who travels in the darkness of night without a light. His WORD is TRUTH! His WWord is a lamp unto my feet! His Word is POWERFUL! It is alive, for He is alive! His Word can transform you!

Let Him in! Do not be afraid! Do not run from Him as our parents did in Eden. Do no try to hide from Him as Jonah did at Nineveh! God loves you! Do you believe that? Why hide? Do you believe that God loves you THAT much? Trust in Him! Cry out to Him! Seek Him like you are searching for the most precious thing in the entire Universe! I BET you a filet mignon dinner, if you do these things you will not be disappointed! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE?

Ask God to show you your sins, and then open His Word! Contemplate His cross! Find sorrow for your sins! Can't find it? Ask for it! If you are brave, pray the rosary! The rosary together with the divine merc chaplet are among the most powerful weapons we have in thhe spiritual war for our souls! These weapons are powerful avenues of Gods' great grace and love for sinner in Christ Jesus! These prayers especially are capable of softening even the hardest hearts that have waxed cold because of the iniquity that abounds in the world! Find sorrow for sinning against this lover of YOUR eternal soul, for sinning against your best friend! Jesus hurts for you! Take your regret for all the times you hide from Him by not receiving the precious gifts of His Grace, Mercy, and Forgiveness that are present to us in the sacraments, for not praying, for not reading His Word, for not being zealous for Him!

These precious gifts, the sacraments, Gods salvation, His Word, prayer and friendship with Him, His Holy spirit, these gifts are more precious than any gift we will ever receive! These gifts that are offered to us have come at a great price! Do you believe? God's mercy and love are not something we can earn, and they are not 'things' we can purchase with money. They are gifts! Because God is that good, His kindness, love, and mercy are that great! His Passion for YOU is simply inconceivable!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We are not worthy! We are sinners! God does not demand our praise, He has made us free. We praise Him freely! Why? Because we have tasted His great goodness! We praise Him because He is sooo good! We praise Him because He is worthy! Don't you know? Won't YOU taste and see the goodness of the LORD?

Jesus loves YOU! There is nothing greater, I can not emphasize this enough! Jesus wants to forgive you!

Every evil thought, every wrong intention, every foolish thing we have said or done we can be forgiven of! Hallelujah! He wants to take it all away! The stain of our sins, the guilt, the shame, the remorse. I don't know what you've done, but I do know this, we are all sinners, and yet stil God loves us so much that He died so we could spend eternity with Him in Heaven. Not just for eternity in Heaven, but life here, even now!

You know Jesus turned water into wine. Did you know that through Christ God invites us to a Heavenly feast, to eat fruit from the tree of life, nectar eternal, to drink the true wine, and to rejoice with one another forever? Hallelujah! No mind has conceived, no ear has heard, no eye has seen, the good things He has prepared for those who love Him, who believe in Him, who follow His simple commands, who do His will! In Christ Jesus alone!

He wants to give us all these things, and at the same time save us from the punishment we justly deserve, and does this even though to do so meant that He must suffer and die for us-proud, stiff necked, unbelieving, and rebellious children though we are! Indeed we are His children, and in Christ Jesus we can call God our Father! Daddy, literally! He loves us that much, but we must approach Him as children! Jesus took the penalty and suffering for all the sins of the world upon Himself and Golgotha, and He is Risen!

There is nothing hidden from Him. Our deepest secrets, things that we may have long tried to forget, things that we have never told anyone, Jesus sees them! He knows them well! He carried them to the cross, and suffered for them, if you will believe, if you will accept it, these sins are destroyed! They are destroyed by His death! He has taken them to the grave! And He is Risen! It's true! Do you believe this?

I beg you to reflect upon these things. How much time do you spend watching TV? Jesus died for you in His great love to save you from Hell and give you eternal life. Will you not spend 15 minutes with Him? 30 minutes? An hour? We never know when we will die. Really. We never know when Jesus is going to come back to destroy evil, sin, and death once and for all! I beg you to be prepared. Receive His forgiveness in the sacraments! Go to confession frequently! Go to Mass every week! Receive Holy Eucharist! It is food for our souls! Why would we not want to? Do we not believe? Pray for faith! Believe!

The devil wants to keep us from these great gifts that God offers us, because the devil knows he has lost, and misery loves company. Do not listen to that voice in your head, the vain reasoning's of men that says I don't need church to pray, I don't need a priest, I don't need Jesus. These are all lies from the devil himself! May the LORD rebuke Him even now!

We need Him more than food, or water, even air. His flesh is true food! Life giving waters flow from His pierced side, and He says come! Be satisfied! His Holy Spirit is like the very Breath of God that sustains our souls! Verily, apart from Him we are dead! In sin we are apart from Him. Won't you be forgiven, or have you been deceived into thinking you don't need His forgiveness either? There is no forgiveness apart from Christ! Every Good thing comes to us from God through His cross! Eternity without God is an eternity apart from all that is good, an eternity filled with punishment for all that is evil. What have we done? Thank you JESUS!

I entrust this appeal to you to the intercession of our Mommy in Heaven, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the intercession of St. Lawrence (look him up), St. Monica, St. Christopher, St. Paul, St, Peter, and St. Jude. I ask that God would send out His faithful servants to protect you on your path. I pray that by the grace and mercy that flows forth from His Sacred Heart, blood and water, that your heart would be softened, that He would send out His Holy Spirit to till the soils of your soul, and that these words might find a place in you. I love you very very much, and the days are evil, but Jesus is victorious over evil, and Jesus is our Friend! Our best friend! And so much more! In Jesus' Blessed and Holy Name! Amen!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The scriptures say (paraphrasing) we are not good. Our 'goodness' is like dirty tampons.
"Righteousness".
That is what it says.
"Our righteousness".
What this means is that they were righteous.
Now, as it turned out, their righteousness was not enough to prevent Judea from being overrun by the Babylonians.
So, to the hypothetical speaker being quoted by Isaiah, their righteousness was no good, and was being "discarded as trash" as they were led off into captivity.

Paul quotes this as a demonstration that even if you were completely righteous (as Paul himself declares about his former status under the Jewish system), it isn't quite good enough because there is a spiritual Law that goes beyond what the written Law demands.

edit on 23-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

We are sinners.
We are born into a family with a long history of sin.
The evidence that we are of a corruptible nature is that we live for a certain amount of time, then we die.
This does not necessarily mean that we all go out and commit sins, or that we all are of the habit of continuously committing sins.
Case in point would be the saints, Joseph and Mary, the parents of Jesus, who were righteous people.
Then there is Jesus himself, who though he was born of the same flesh, and was tempted in all points as we are, did not sin.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Because sin is like crime against God, it must be punished. It's the law. The punishment is death.
Is it "like" a crime, or is it a crime?
If it is just "like" a crime, then your argument is nullified.
Here, I'll help you out.
The entire third chapter of Romans is on this subject, that here was Rome, for hundreds of years, continuously breaking God's Law, worshiping other gods.
Why did God, if He was righteous, not punish them?
God allowed it to go unnoticed and unpunished but is righteous in that He is now helping them with the gospel, to repent.
So your Augustinian argument evaporates and reveals it for what it really is, an attempt to make God like men.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

God didn't create us for death. He created us for paradise, He created us for friendship with Him, He created us for joy, and to know His great love!
That is literalizing the Eden story of Genesis.
That was a mythical paradise pressed into service as a backdrop for a morality tale.
The reality is that we live as material beings in a material universe that is fraught with pitfalls.
As long as we exist in this universe, it will always be that way.
What we need help with on a practical level right now is to be better people working together to relieve suffering for those other who share this existence.

So God came up with a plan . . .
God did, which was to have Jesus come to show us how we should be like God.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

So God came up with a plan, and became a Man, but without sin, and then He allowed Himself to be handed over, falsely tried and convicted of a crime for which He was NOT guilty.
"God" is the person who Jesus referred to as his father.
Jesus was the son of God, and was such even before he was incarnate as the child, Jesus in Bethlehem.
God Himself never became a man, and as Jesus said, no man has ever seen Him.

He took YOUR place! He died for YOU! He died so that you could live! His love is that great Chris! Jesus is not dead though! He is risen!
Jesus took the position that we are in.
There is no biblical evidence that Jesus vicariously took our punishment.
He was punished as if he was a sinner, so was in a way in our same predicament.

He loves you! He calls us for us to come, to come as we are, to draw unto Him even as sinners, so that He can take away our sins, so that He can wipe away our tears and show us just how much He loves us! Jesus is the Good sheppard, and we are His sheep!
Jesus being the good shepherd leads us from sin.
So the "taking away of sins" is literal, rather than the idea of merely taking away the guilt of sin while leaving us in sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join