It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and the Church, in History and for Contemporary Times. To be continued LORD willing.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
and once again you repeat the same baseless Robert Morey-esque nonsense.

and once again you repeat the same baseless 'everything comes from Robert Morey-esque' nonsense. Dude ... answer the questions .... the questions which DID NOT come from this Morey dude that most all of us have never heard from. Why did the muslims continue the 'running between the hills' thing like the pagans used to do? Why do Muslims worship a meteorite like the pagans did? Very easy questions. Answer them and tell us how these two things are monotheistic. And no .. your Morey dude had nothing to do with those questions. So don't wimp out and go there ...

AGAIN /DEAD THREAD

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Lack of existence, incompleteness causes the creatures to be different from each other and to be different from pure existence which is God.
Isn't that a lot like pantheism?
That God is the ultimate completeness, which you could also use as a definition of the universe.
I am seriously against that idea because the physical universe is essentially evil by nature, not that God created it that way, but that there was a physical existence before God went to work on it to form the space that we live in today, which is the biosphere of this planet.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

Lack of existence, incompleteness causes the creatures to be different from each other and to be different from pure existence which is God.
Isn't that a lot like pantheism?
That God is the ultimate completeness, which you could also use as a definition of the universe.
I am seriously against that idea because the physical universe is essentially evil by nature, not that God created it that way, but that there was a physical existence before God went to work on it to form the space that we live in today, which is the biosphere of this planet.

I think the point is that universe is not the completeness. Universe is itself made of different parts and this means that universe itself is a composite and a composite is in need of it's parts. When you say something is in need of something, you are mentioning that it lacks some grades of existence. So universe is not the pure existence.

I have not a deep knowledge about this theory but I like to study more someday because I feel it can answer many questions.
The most complicated part is that we can not expect an evil nature made by a pure existence. Pure existence is the ultimate of knowledge, wisdom, management and ..... so such a God will not make a evil nature.
Evilness is a relative concept. Something can be evil for you but it may not be evil for me. And such a God will never do something vain. Most likely it is because of humanity ignorance that he does not know many things and the purpose hidden behind many events. After all humanity is a creature and he himself lacks many grades of existence including knowledge.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The most complicated part is that we can not expect an evil nature made by a pure existence.
So then are you endorsing universalism?
If we all have inherently good natures then we all go to Paradise.

And such a God will never do something vain.
OK, then can you explain what this means?
Romans 8:20
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope
(2011 NIV)
edit on 22-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The most complicated part is that we can not expect an evil nature made by a pure existence.
So then are you endorsing universalism?
If we all have inherently good natures then we all go to Paradise.

So do you mean those who go to hell, It is because of their evil nature. This means there is no free will and of course no justice. As I said evilness is a relative concept. For example when a wolf eats someone it is evil from point of view of eaten person ! but it is not evil from point of view of the wolf !! the wolf will not go to hell.
wolf has no free will. But humans have free will. So a human can not eat another human, because this is evil and immoral and the immorality comes from God that he forbids humans from eating each other ! If a human eats another human for sure he will go to hell.

And such a God will never do something vain.
OK, then can you explain what this means?
Romans 8:20
For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope
(2011 NIV)

This exactly means that creation is subjected by will of pure existence. who he is the most knowledgeable, the most merciful and .......
So frustration is from our point of view. It is relative. We do not know many things.
Is martyrdom evil or good ! from point of view of materialism martyrdom is nothing but evil.
For example Hussain Sacrificed himself and his family to specify the path of evil and righteousness. Look at those terrorists in the name of Islam. They are killing muslims and non-muslims. Hussain was martyred by the hand of those who were called muslim so that humanity knows, evil can also exist in the name of religion.
72 servants of God against thousands of terrorists by the mask of Islam. Yes false muslims killed the grandson of their prophet thirsty and even six months infant of Hussain, in the name of Islam ! but for reaching the enjoyment of this temporary world.
And Christians say Jesus was martyred so that God forgives the sins of humanity. So is martyrdom evil or not !!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Here is proof in the written Word of the Blessed Trinity. Dearest God and our Savior Jesus Christ is Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. Most of the miraculous 99.9% point to Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19
Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: colbe
Here is proof in the written Word of the Blessed Trinity. Dearest God and our Savior Jesus Christ is Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. Most of the miraculous 99.9% point to Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19
Going therefore, teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Except... that verse was changed to support your trinity sometime in the early few centuries...

Eusebius uses your quote several times in his writing... he lived before the Arian controversies came to a full blown "problem" which eventually ended in your trinity becoming Orthodox doctrine because of coercion, duress, and even the death of ARIUS which was obviously murder... which is the same thing that happened to almost anyone who didn't side with the church of rome... death

The verse is quoted as follows...

Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in My name, teaching them to observe all things, whatsoever I commanded you

Your Trinity is a fabrication... It is not Taught anywhere within the bible... and the so called "proof texts" Christians use are spun out of various verses... OR later additions to the texts which are not found in the earliest copies of said texts...

Judaism doesn't teach a trinity either...

its pretty obvious to anyone who actually looks into the origins of the trinity...

Its just not there.... absent from the bible

edit on 24-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Baptism of Jesus?

The mystery of the Triunity of God was foreshadowed even from the first book of the Bible:

Genesis 1
26 And he said: Let us make man to our image and likeness: and let him have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and the beasts, and the whole earth, and every creeping creature that moveth upon the earth.

A really good read if you are truley interested in the doctrine of the trinity: www.newadvent.org...

As surely as He lives, Jesus is Faithful and He is True!

He is the Paschal Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. The Seder, the day of atonement, the angel of death and salvation by blood on the wooden door post, the sacrifice of Issac and the ram of abraham, these are foreshadowing's of the salvation that comes through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God upon the altar of the Cross! Just as you eat the lamb and bitter herbs at passover Jesus said you must eat His flesh and drink His blood for He is the Bread of Life!

Consider John 6. For the sake of brevity I left some out. Please consider reading the whole Gospel of John.

4 Now the pasch, the festival day of the Jews, was near at hand.

26 Jesus answered them, and said: Amen, amen I say to you, you seek me, not because you have seen miracles, but because you did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that which endureth unto life everlasting, which the Son of man will give you. For him hath God, the Father, sealed.

28 They said therefore unto him: What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered, and said to them: This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he hath sent.

30 They said therefore to him: What sign therefore dost thou shew, that we may see, and may believe thee? What dost thou work?

31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert, as it is written: He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

32 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you; Moses gave you not bread from heaven, but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is that which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life to the world.

34 They said therefore unto him: Lord, give us always this bread.

35 And Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger: and he that believeth in me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, that you also have seen me, and you believe not.

37 All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will not cast out.

38 Because I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day.

40 And this is the will of my Father that sent me: that every one who seeth the Son, and believeth in him, may have life everlasting, and I will raise him up in the last day.

41 The Jews therefore murmured at him, because he had said: I am the living bread which came down from heaven.

42 And they said: Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How then saith he, I came down from heaven?

43 Jesus therefore answered, and said to them: Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father, who hath sent me, draw him; and I will raise him up in the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets: And they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard of the Father, and hath learned, cometh to me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father; but he who is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47 Amen, amen I say unto you: He that believeth in me, hath everlasting life.

48 I am the bread of life.

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the desert, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven; that if any man eat of it, he may not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven.

52 If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give, is my flesh, for the life of the world.

53 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

54 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.

55 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

56 For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed.

57 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him.

58 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father; so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me.

59 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead. He that eateth this bread, shall live for ever.

60 These things he said, teaching in the synagogue, in Capharnaum.

61 Many therefore of his disciples, hearing it, said: This saying is hard, and who can hear it?

62 But Jesus, knowing in himself, that his disciples murmured at this, said to them: Doth this scandalize you?

63 If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

64 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you, are spirit and life.

65 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning, who they were that did not believe, and who he was, that would betray him.

66 And he said: Therefore did I say to you, that no man can come to me, unless it be given him by my Father.

67 After this many of his disciples went back; and walked no more with him.

68 Then Jesus said to the twelve: Will you also go away?

69 And Simon Peter answered him: Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Through Yeshua Ha'Messhiach the LORD has shown us that friendship with God, and a covenant of forgiveness is not just for Jew, but also for gentiles. In Christ there is no Jew or Gentile, only the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit! Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and the Cross is salvation! If we die to sin we share in the hope of rising to eternal life! What glorious things are these!

edit on 25-5-2014 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2014 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Eusebius uses your quote several times in his writing... he lived before the Arian controversies came to a full blown "problem" which eventually ended in your trinity becoming Orthodox doctrine because of coercion, duress, and even the death of ARIUS which was obviously murder... which is the same thing that happened to almost anyone who didn't side with the church of rome... death
Arius, in his time, was the leading Christian proponent of the Trinity.
That was why he was gone after by the proponents of the Imperial version of the Trinity, because the original version was according to the Bible, and what became known as the "orthodox" version, wasn't according to the Bible.
That had to do with the very core theme of Jesus being the only begotten son of the Father.
The orthodox version denies any begotting or any real fatherhood or real sonship.
Also the "orthodox" version denies the subjugation of Jesus, and invents the novel idea of being co-equals.
Arius would have none of that nonsense, so had to be done away with by the tyrannical version of Christianity that the Roman system demanded.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

He is the Paschal Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. The Seder, the day of atonement, the angel of death and salvation by blood on the wooden door post, the sacrifice of Issac and the ram of abraham, these are foreshadowing's of the salvation that comes through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God upon the altar of the Cross! Just as you eat the lamb and bitter herbs at passover Jesus said you must eat His flesh and drink His blood for He is the Bread of Life!
Jesus is briefly alluded to as our Passover,
1 Corinthians 5:7
Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch--as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
(2011 NIV)
Obviously Jesus is not literally a lamb, being human, so this has to be meant in a metaphorical sense.
The context is having sinners in the church, and how that is compared by Paul to having leaven that would be gotten rid of for Passover.
Jesus in this analogy represents an idea that we are now in a permanent state of Passover type behavior.
The Passover lamb was not a sin sacrifice but symbolizes being freed from slavery.
We carry out that theme by leaving behind those who love too much the slavery of sin.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Arius, in his time, was the leading Christian proponent of the Trinity.
That was why he was gone after by the proponents of the Imperial version of the Trinity, because the original version was according to the Bible, and what became known as the "orthodox" version, wasn't according to the Bible.
That had to do with the very core theme of Jesus being the only begotten son of the Father.
The orthodox version denies any begotting or any real fatherhood or real sonship.
Also the "orthodox" version denies the subjugation of Jesus, and invents the novel idea of being co-equals.
Arius would have none of that nonsense, so had to be done away with by the tyrannical version of Christianity that the Roman system demanded.

That might be true, you can definitely see a "trinity" in what we have from Arius... but the fact remains, a trinity can not be found in the teaching of the apostles... and it most definitely can not be found in the gospels...

I think Arius didn't want to go completely against the ideals of the orthodox church... but still wouldn't accept equality as they do... one can clearly see that it saddened him to go against the church, but he stayed true to what the gospels teach

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I think Arius didn't want to go completely against the ideals of the orthodox church...
I think the supposed "orthodox" church was born at the death of Arius.
It basically put its own authority over the authority of Jesus himself.
It had to silence any voice of objection.
Tens of thousands followed Arius to the grave in the process of the victory of this counterfeit Christianity.

edit on 26-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrphilosophias

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

originally posted by: mrphilosophias
Why there should be any contention amongst the people of Israel and the Christian people is a peculiar thing.
contentions exist because the people of israel, at least the religious ones, are pure monotheists and abhor the very idea of gods beside God. Dont bother explaining the trinity to me because Jews oppose the very idea of a man being called God as the polytheistic christians believe. Christianity is the same as hinduism....both believe in multiple deities , and both believe in the idea that a man can be called ''god'', or that God can descend to earth as a man. In fact, some hindus I know are OPEN to the idea that Jesus was an ''incarnation'' of God ...not very different from the hindu belief that Krishna was a human incarnation of God. Just leave the real monotheism to Jews and Muslims and get rid of your infatuation with a perfectly monotheistic people who consider christianity as perverse paganism and curse Jesus as a false prophet.

Skorpion I will concede some points, but on technical grounds. Judeo-Christianity is a monotheistic faith. If by pantheon you mean hierarchies of His Creation (e.g. powers, principalities, thrones, dominions, etc) in the great chain of being, that there are angelic hosts, and if you mean by using the word "god" in the sense of supra-human entities. No Judeo-Christianity is not a Pantheon.

Yet Christ Himself, recalling the Psalmist, said that we are gods! Consider John 10. It is my opinion that this particular scripture offers another concession, and is an allusion to the fact that we are created in the image and likeness of our Creator who is the Most High Ever Living God, that we are called to an ineffable calling, holiness and paradise, an invitation to become members of the family of God, by the bride groom Jesus Christ, the Son of God, verily Emmanuel, God-Incarnate, and the visible Image of the invisible God.

The inconceivable awesomeness of Gods' Power is cause for fear and trembling, and this reverence of God, is the beginning of understanding, to quote King Solomons' wisdom. To consider this awesomeness in earthen vessel would be inconceivable but for the grace of God. If we believe in a traditional definition of God as a being All-Powerful, All-knowing, ever-present, eternal, omni-benevolent, and Creator we would not use the word "god", in lower case. By definition God is a Person, three in fact, hence the capitalization, and as such the word "god" as if it is equivocable to God is obfuscating. It seems counter intuitive that the idea of God, who is Perfect and infinite, could ever be reconciled to the idea that God took on mortal flesh. How could an infinite God be contained by mortal flesh, for instance. This is the sort of obstacle that keeps Moslems from accepting Christ. If we briefly reflect upon Gods' creative efficacy for a moment it should be clear that if God is All-Powerful, and Creator of All-Things, then it would be no problem for God to dwell among flesh, if that were His inclination. This is not to assume to know His thoughts, for the scriptures make clear that His thoughts are not our thoughts, that His ways are as far above our ways as the Highest Heavens above the Earth. For a Jewish, or Moslem, person to categorically dismiss the idea of God-Incarnate not only runs counter to their sacred scriptures, laws, and prophecies, but it is an error in thinking. If God wanted to Incarnate who is to stop Him?

The questions inevitably arise, if God (hypothetical for you agnostics) were to become Man what would He be like? What would we expect from Him? What would He expect from us? I think you will find these answers in Jesus Christ (the messiah! consider it seriously), and in His Word.

When you consider the Gospels of Christ, that He is the Son of God, that He did dwell amongst men, and born of a virgin to fulfill the prophecies, that He was so good to tell us these things before they came to pass, so we could wait in hope of His faithfulness, and not only all these things, but that He did it in an act of inconceivable love, compassion, and mercy to rescue us from the mistake we made in Eden, to save us from death, sin, and suffering, and at cost of His precious blood. Do you believe? Do you have faith like Abraham? In Christ we are forgiven, for in Christ Jesus the requirements of the law, the prophecies, and the Word are fulfilled. If we win we will surely die, but He didn't create us for death. God is good, not a tyrant! Yes His Justice is perfect and fierce, but so is His mercy, compassion, faithfulness, and kindness.

Text He is risen! By the cross of Christ we are saved! Jesus is the unblemished paschal lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. He is the Perfect atoning sacrifice. Jesus is the Messiah that the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob promised, and I hope you believe. Be diligent about these things, and search out the scriptures yourself.

What an awesome God is He! His Love endures forever!

Our Lord "REDEEMED" mankind by His suffering tortured death on the Cross. Our redemption is NOT our justification. Our Lord opened Heaven at Calvary which only God can do. Our justification is life long with the help of God's grace.

The above heresy underlined is known as the "imputation heresy" of Jesus did it all on the Cross, you're in, you're saved! It came from believing another lie, that of men are NOT capable of good, Martin Luther's "mankind is completely depraved" heresy.

Don't believe this, we have a fallen nature and we are capable of doing good. Both.
...so...this later heresy tells you it is Our perfect Lord who "imputes" His perfect righteousness and perfect sacrifice of the Cross onto you a miserable sinner. You are saved. This is heresy, a lie, not of God.

And to share about the 2nd sentence. Our non-Catholic Christian brothers and sisters in Christ recognize, they say it ~ ~

"Jesus is the unblemished paschal Lamb who takes away the sins of the world."

No argument, so they must come higher in the New Covenant. I ask, what did they do with the Passover sacrificed Lamb in the Old Covenant? They CONSUMED it. Far, far greater....

In the New Covenant we CONSUME God Himself in the most Holy Eucharist! This is God's supernatural plan, that
we receive Him, His risen, body, blood, soul and divinity into our person. You have to think supernaturally not
in a human cannibalism way of thinking. Jesus said it Himself when some protested, He said this is "spirit and
life." Every time Our Lord uses the word "spirit" in the Gospel, He is speaking supernaturally. God can do anything, the most Holy Eucharist is supernatural.

Say yes in the coming divine gift of the "awakening", the Warning. God wants us all to believe the same, so remember.

Alleluia!!!

God bless you mrphil,

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I think Arius didn't want to go completely against the ideals of the orthodox church...
I think the supposed "orthodox" church was born at the death of Arius.
It basically put its own authority over the authority of Jesus himself.
It had to silence any voice of objection. Tens of thousands followed Arius to the grave in the process of the victory of this counterfeit Christianity.

It is time to admit to the fact God names special men of authority on earth to lead. You see in the Old and in the New Covenant. We're in the New, the Pope in succession, like the first Pope Peter the Apostle, is God's chosen authority on earth. The Pope is a sinner like all of us except he has a special gift from God, He cannot error on Christ's teachings.

The teachings of Roman Catholicism are the teachings of Christ. The Pope has the charism to be correct on faith
and morals. Pope Paul the VI proved this in modern times, going against the world, sticking to God's truth, the spiirituak fact besides the physical negative, contraception is an intrinsic evil. We see the fruit of the world accepting this grave sin. Pope Paul VI predicted, hardly any next generation, women would be used, contraception is the ruin of the family, etc and the worst, abortion is protected by law!!

You are your own pope Jim...speak of "Tens of thousands", all with a small "p" popes, you are all part of "counterfeit Christianity", Protestantism.

Where is your God given authority Jim? By whose authority do you believe what you do? Who in Protestantism has it right? You already accept the God given authority of the Roman Catholic Church, she, the Holy Father, Pope Damasus first decided the Canon of the New Testament. Go further and accept all Catholicism teaches. Look how crazily divided Protestantism is...

If you don't like a particular Protestant sect, the pastor's private judgment (a heresy whose fruit is error and division) of Christ's teachings in the written Word only, you leave to find another pastor and his church or begin a group of your own. This is not of God. You have the traditional break aways, Lutherans, Methodists, etc. Next comes the denominations and their splits, more splits, the new word -non-denomination and now who can imagine, there are "home churches!"

Part of the end of times, this end of the 6th Day, God is going to show the world, each person personally at the "awakening", Roman Catholicism is the faith, He wants everyone, non-Christians too, to become Roman Catholic. The remnant is Roman Catholic. Why in the world would anyone remain part of Protestantism? Well, it is easier, you get to decide and so much of the Truth is denied, ignored. Christ said..."do all I command of you."

Jesus wants all of humanity to accept His presence in the most Holy Eucharist. This is the summit. Remember everyone, the "abomination of desolation" prophesied in the book of Daniel happens when the anti-Christ tries to abolish the most Holy Eucharist. Why would the anti-Christ do this if the Eucharist is NOT true?

God bless you jim and anyone posting or reading this thread,

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sorry, a correction, I meant to type the letter L.

"Pope Paul the VI proved this in modern times, going against the world, sticking to God's truth, the spirituak fact besides the physical negative, contraception is an intrinsic evil."

"spiritual"...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: colbe
Sorry, a correction, I meant to type the letter L.

"Pope Paul the VI proved this in modern times, going against the world, sticking to God's truth, the spirituak fact besides the physical negative, contraception is an intrinsic evil."

"spiritual"...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

You are your own pope Jim...speak of "Tens of thousands", all with a small "p" popes, you are all part of "counterfeit Christianity", Protestantism.
Jesus said, "Heaven and Earth will pass away but my words will remain".
That means we don't need popes to tell us what Jesus said.
The popes are the antichrist by their own admission.

Where is your God given authority Jim? By whose authority do you believe what you do?
The popes don't have any.
The "apostolic succession is a fraud.
It was broken in the church's zeal to kill "heretics" in the arianism wars, killing anyone who could have laid legitimate claim to it, and replacing the fallen clergy with pagan trained priests.
"Orthodoxy" finally won out after hundreds of years of war, but at the cost of the demise of anyone who could have passed down any special knowledge.
It was all for power, which greedy men were all too eager to exchange for real spiritual knowledge.

. . . there are "home churches!"
If you knew the history of Christianity, you would know that this was exactly how it was when Paul was writing letters to the churches.
We are united under one head, Jesus. That is a spiritual thing. In the material, physical world, the church is fragmented into individual congregations.

Remember everyone, the "abomination of desolation" prophesied in the book of Daniel happens when the anti-Christ tries to abolish the most Holy Eucharist.
That was fulfilled as Jesus said, in that generation, when the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.
edit on 27-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

The above heresy underlined is known as the "imputation heresy" of Jesus did it all on the Cross, you're in, you're saved! It came from believing another lie, that of men are NOT capable of good, Martin Luther's "mankind is completely depraved" heresy.
Martin Luther believed in 'the bondage of the will'.
Calvin believed in 'total depravity'.

There is a sort of indirect imputation, which is not an individually assigned benefit but something the entire world benefits from.
Jesus was a human being, having been born of a woman, but turned out to be the best example of one, concerning sin.
The very fact that Jesus exists, does something for all of us, as humans, in the general esteem of God.
We being believers and full of the holy spirit, may not necessarily commit deadly sins, but being humans we are fallible and constantly commit "less damning" sins, only in that they don't immediately take us down 'for the sake of Jesus', meaning that they are the result of our humanness as being made from sinful flesh, and that is now OK because Jesus was a human too, and was accepted by God, being resurrected from the grave, and taken up to Heaven to abide with God in a glorified body.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is our savior and the Cross is our salvation. If we die to our sins we share in the hope of rising to eternal life! Hail Mary! Blessed art thou among women! Please pray for us sinners!

edit on 27-5-2014 by mrphilosophias because: sorry

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mrphilosophias

Jesus Christ is our savior and the Cross is our salvation. If we die to our sins we share in the hope of rising to eternal life! Hail Mary! Blessed art thou among women! Please pray for us sinners!
Romans 6:2
By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
(2011 NIV)
It isn't to die to "our sins", but to die to sin, as if "sin" is your old slave master, and when you were released from that service, you just hang out because you enjoy being beaten.
The idea that Paul is making is how ridiculous that would be, so of course, being dead to that bondage, we live a free life where we can be real people as we should be.

"Eternal life" does not just refer to length of life but it is a quality of life that has significance and is not just something 'throw-away'.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join