It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs found in almost all my gfs pics, want others opinions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My gf and I were going through her photos on her phone as she enjoys photography as a hobby. While looking at one photo I saw what to me was a clear anomaly and the next two after that of the same area, had solid orbs appearing in different locations. These aren't the ghostly type orbs I am used to seeing and I initially thought it was a UFO. I know the whole orb thing is beat to death in most cases but these I find strange because she never noticed them, and they are not limited to a specific location. Also, after she left last night which was when it was brought to her attention, she said as she was driving home on a city street when ALL the lights in the area went out for about 15 seconds. I live in the same area and there was no power outage. Now I know that the story is simply speculation so I'm not asking you to take the story as anything more than perhaps corroborating that something strange is going on if indeed you find the pictures anomalous. If so, we both believe it to be something negative as she has been going through an extremely rough time in her life. Anyway here are the photos and if they are TRULY explainable or you have a theory on what and why, please feel free to share.

Notice on the grass theres something that wasn't there in the pic just before. Only pic that isn't an orb shape.

Blue Aura?

These are what really made me think it was something strange

edit on 13-5-2014 by hxc408 because: Forgot some pics

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey there!

The pics are really beautiful! I will say that the orb, in my opinion, found in each picture is due to an issue with the camera. Notice the location of the sun and the orb - they are always aligned in such a way as to indicate a lens flare issue.

I have a camera where I get tons of orbs - but only that camera - it is how that camera processes light, unfortunately, because some of the pics were totally awesome and I wished I could claim they were something spiritual or otherworldly, but...I can't - my camera just does it without any input from the immaterial world.
My other cameras do not do it at all.

I hope your girlfriend keeps up her hobby! Some truly gorgeous shots there!

peace,
AB

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hxc408

Same camera used for all of them? To my untrained eye, I'd guess it's a defect in the camera, maybe the CCD or CMOS equivalent of a hot pixel on a display.
edit on 2014-5-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
BEAUTIFUL pictures. Thanks for sharing.

However the "orbs" are lens flare.

In this site many of these pictures have the same orbs.

forums.androidcentral.com...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ahhh.......taking pictures almost directly at the sun...........

Looks to me like something on the lense or dust reflecting off the camera, again taking pictures almost directly at the sun.......

Not orbs IMHO

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Stop pointing the camera at the sun.

It'll last longer and the orbs will go away.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
These were taken with a brand new iPhone 5s and some of them I would accept the lens flare theory but, the pics with the barbed wire fence have an orb that moves in each of the 4 pics. If it was a lens flare wouldn't the position of the flare have to be consistent with the light of the sun? Once again, not saying anyone is wrong I am just asking questions because I am unsure but not entirely convinced a few are so easily explained.

Or perhaps I've just never seen a lens flare with such a solid color and shape, rather than the wispy translucent ones I always see in other pics.

However, I do appreciate and enjoy your input

edit on 13-5-2014 by hxc408 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

2. Camera - Many iPhone 5 users may have experience taking a photo and see laser-green dots accompanying your photos. This is due to the flaring problem with the upgraded camera on the iPhone 5.

Apple released a statement saying, "Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures. The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5′s camera..."

source

EDIT:

I just noticed there's a purple flare behind the green dot on the image of the side of the mountain as well.
edit on 2014-5-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Who cares about the orbs... Some of those pictures are breath taking! Your GF has a really good eye for beauty

Your GF could make some serious money from that hobby... I've seen mundane, lifeless pictures, sell for around $200...

Her pictures are anything BUT lifeless and mundane.

But like the others have mentioned... Probably flare in regard to the sun...
edit on 14-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hxc408
These were taken with a brand new iPhone 5s and some of them I would accept the lens flare theory but, the pics with the barbed wire fence have an orb that moves in each of the 4 pics. If it was a lens flare wouldn't the position of the flare have to be consistent with the light of the sun?

And it does? The sun moves in every single picture too. Draw a circle that encompasses the 'orb' and the sun centre, and you have the center of your photo in each picture.

Lens flare, and an easy to one to spot.
edit on 14/5/14 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Like I said my ignorance on the subject just left me with questions and I wasn't saying anyone was wrong just I was unsure. And I wasn't aware the 5s had that issue because I have a 5 so I thought it was strange for sure. Especially since I have taken plenty of pictures facing the sun without artifacts but it seems you guys are right. I appreciate it.

And thanks to everyone for saying such nice things about her pictures. I've also been telling her she needs to pursue photography as well

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting how the camera is always facing the sun. Hmmm.... I have no idea what those could be. Ghosts? Chemblobs? NSA micro satellites following you? UFOs? Perplexing indeed.

edit on 14-5-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The dot looks the same in every pic. I'm not a camera freak so IDK when to call out and when not to call out 'Lense flare' but I can probably get the same results if I take pictures towards the sun. Notice how it's always opposite from the sun. But the pics are nice I'll say that much.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Lens flare. Not uncommon when photographing the sun, especially with lower quality cameras (and, no disrespect, but a phone is not a good quality camera). They plague me too at times, and I do have a fairly decent 'proper' camera.

Edit: theantediluvian has the precise answer

edit on 14-5-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

join