It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman lynched in Brazil after Facebook message declared her a witch.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

LONDON: In a bizarre incident, a mob reportedly lynched a Brazilian woman — suspected of being a witch — to death after a Facebook post for a local news outlet spread an alert, claiming that she had been seen abducting children.

"The lynching ... was motivated by suspicion that Fabiane was connected to child abductions in the region thought to be linked to black magic rituals. According to military police, however, there is no indication that she had committed such a crime," the report added.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I just have no words to say... Just shocked how such things can still happen in modern world, how primitive, superstitious can some people be. I understand children went missing, but killing somebody because of FB message, which suspected her, seriously???
edit on 13-5-2014 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

I saw some pictures, too. Just a run-of-the-mill pretty housewife. The burning times are not as over as people claim. The southern hemisphere still burns witches just like their Christian conquerors taught them. Africa, South America... man, we screwed them up.

This is one of the few things left that make my blood boil. I hope they all get caught and convicted.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Yeah considering they were not true christians BECAUSE they were following OT practicies that only apply to the HEBREWS but apparently they were to stupid to realize this.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'd say this photo aptly depicts the way she was 'handled' by the mob. I wasn't there, don't know her, and wouldn't be able to say if she did 'anything' to invite this violence upon herself.

I will say this: In my travels around the world I've seen some strange (and pretty horrible) things. There is no place I am more on my guard than the lands which lie south of the US.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well,
Im a warlock
come get me brazil...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

I just have no words to say... Just shocked how such things can still happen in modern world, how primitive, superstitious can some people be. I understand children went missing, but killing somebody because of FB message, which suspected her, seriously???

Im not shocked. In fact I think this is actually perfectly inline with un-obstructed human nature. Humans are primates; violent, aggressive, prone to mob mentality, fear based reactions, and witnessing just the human primate, obviously highly drawn to irrationality and superstition.

Humans have not "evolved" much in the past 200k years. Evolution does not happen at a quick pace; it happens quite a bit slower.

Consider this: humans lived as clever primate animals for 190k years, figured out how to plant plant seeds and then farmed for the next 9.75k years, and in the last ~0.25k years discovered industrial civilization; deriving energy from dense sources and directing it into kinetic applications.

Somewhat tangential but not really, probably 0.01% of the population has been dragging the remaining 99.99% along technologically. Without those really clever ones, some genuinely intelligent, humanity would still be finding it challenging to smelt copper.

Humanity has not changed much since it begin. The vast majority of humans are still geared to live in the world they did for the first 95% of their existence. "Civilization", specifically industrial civilization, has only been around for an 1/8 of a percent of humanities existence.

After considering that, and knowing how long physical evolution takes to actually change a species, especially one with long generation intervals (humans), I would actually find it shocking and almost unbelievable if things like this were NOT occurring on a daily basis (think of all the horrors that go unreported, simply because they are so common).

So... humans murdering other humans because they thought one was a witch, in 2014?

Perfectly plausible in my view.

Expected, even.

edit on 5/13/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I think its the whole "child abduction" thing more than the "witch" thing that got everyone in a twist.

I saw a video of a man beaten to death in peru for being ACCUSED by a child of molestation. He turned out to be innocent. Mob mentalities...superstitious or not are nothing to mess with.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are a few civilized people here in Brazil - in fact IMHO that's true for virtually any part of the world - but the vast majority of the population is just an angry, ignorant, uneducated, lazy and dishonest mob. The only reason I don't leave is because for that very reason no one wants us as immigrants.

The woman in question was rumored to kidnap children for using them in black magic rituals. The rumors came from a facebook page, and as far as I know are completely false.

By the way, please do not come for the world cup - that is, if you're crazy enough to even consider it. Just don't. It's going to be messy and you don't want to get caught up in the middle of the turmoil that's going to take place when Brazil gets eliminated from the cup. Apart from that, expect riots, being robbed, stabbed and maybe shot at or raped. These threats aren't just for tourists, but I'm stuck here, now what's your excuse to leave the comfort and security of your home and risk your life for a few ball games?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Ignorance displayed at its best. Killing someone on he said/she said.

Uneducated primitive ignorance. Disgusting.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Not from any humans I have ever met. Just saying.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
that is so f'ked up.

poor woman.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

While I agree, it is still just so sad.
Probably just some jealous bitches, who heard someone they fancied, saying something nice about her, or something equally silly. Beware of rumors. They kill people. So if you're feeling jealous, keep it to yourself...
edit on 13-5-2014 by Ninipe because: heart

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Way to go faceshmuck..er i mean facebook, really messed up story. Get a mob together and the iq level drops exponentially.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

With incidents like this this is more proof that humanity still hasn't gotten out of the dark ages.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I don't know that the burning times ever really ended, eh? It ebbs and flows over time. Like tides in a cess pool for what drives the behavior.

That's going to be an interesting place for the Olympics.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
Well,
Im a warlock
come get me brazil...

I have a better idea...

Why dont you go there and tell that to their primitive face...

lol...

No. Really. Don't.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It's interesting how many posts we see here about killing people that are suspect of hurting children, but when someone really does it they are "primitive" and "superstitious".

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The lynching did not kill her right away.
Watch the video.

Here

They are called thrid world countries for a reason.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I saw some pictures, too. Just a run-of-the-mill pretty housewife. The burning times are not as over as people claim. The southern hemisphere still burns witches just like their Christian conquerors taught them. Africa, South America... man, we screwed them up.

This is one of the few things left that make my blood boil. I hope they all get caught and convicted.

Witches, magic men, shamans and those who feared and mistrusted them predate Christianity. People have always feared what was different.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

LONDON: In a bizarre incident, a mob reportedly lynched a Brazilian woman — suspected of being a witch — to death after a Facebook post for a local news outlet spread an alert, claiming that she had been seen abducting children.

"The lynching ... was motivated by suspicion that Fabiane was connected to child abductions in the region thought to be linked to black magic rituals. According to military police, however, there is no indication that she had committed such a crime," the report added.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Shssh... I heard Hillary is a witch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join