It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morel Mushrooms...Yummy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: missvicky
Many years ago, a friend of ours gave us a mess of dried wild mushrooms: morrells, chantrels, and something else...can't remember which. So I made a "beefless" stew out of the dried morrells. It was pretty dang amazing if I do say so myself. lol! Would love to have some again.

That's a weird thing about morels...they are almost as filling as a meat protein.

Actually they are exactly like a meat protein and just as filling.

Yum and Yum!

We just had massive flash flooding around here so, I'm not sure how that will effect the crop.

Hopefully for the better but, I suspect it's for the worst.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: Fylgje

Great story....I'm still laughing.

Not sure what to tell ya about them not coming back though. That's a real bummer.

Perhaps your thieves are not giving enough crap to use mesh containers.

A holes!

If you don't leave a few in the patch they won't come back. My husband used to professionally pick chantrells back in the day. They always left some in the patch otherwise they wouldn't come back. The wild pigs love them too and they are so violent to a patch that they always come back. They spread the spores around. The idea of using a mesh bag to help scatter spores is a good one.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: missvicky
Many years ago, a friend of ours gave us a mess of dried wild mushrooms: morrells, chantrels, and something else...can't remember which. So I made a "beefless" stew out of the dried morrells. It was pretty dang amazing if I do say so myself. lol! Would love to have some again.

That's a weird thing about morels...they are almost as filling as a meat protein.

Actually they are exactly like a meat protein and just as filling.

Yum and Yum!

We just had massive flash flooding around here so, I'm not sure how that will effect the crop.

Hopefully for the better but, I suspect it's for the worst.

Actually I thought they were (are) a great meat substitute since they tasted so much like beef. And the texture was firm too. One of the best stews I ever made!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join