It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden in Bethalto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So, Vice President of the United States Joe Biden has landed. Sometime around 2pm this afternoon the VP landed in our local airport here in Bethalto, Il.

Ive got a few pictures of air force one, but unfortunately nothing of the VP himself. Hopefully tonight around 8 he will be taking back off, and I might get a few pics of AF1 going over my house!

In the article it mentions he is here to "stump" for local US senator DIck Durbin. Any clue as to what that means? Lol. I have heard of AF1 landing here before, and St. Louis, MO is only about 30 minuets away, via 255 which goes right through here.

Here is the Article - The Riverbender

Here are some Pictures

edit on 13-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

NM, this hasn't been posted before, shame one me

Really cool firsthand photos still tho, hope you can get some at takeoff
edit on thTue, 13 May 2014 18:36:51 -0500America/Chicago520145180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Me too! I see stuff flying overhead every day, but not AF1. lol.

Ill be out there around 8 with my eyes on the sky, lol

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If Biden is "stumping" for Durbin it means he is in town for campaign or fund raising purposes. I also wanted to point out that the VP has his own plane, a Boeing C32 somewhat similar to but slightly smaller than AF1 which is a Boeing VC25a. The VP's is called Air Force 2 unless the POTUS is aboard. Any Air Force plane that is flying with the POTUS aboard automatically switches its call sign to AF1.

Irregardless of the official designation of the aircraft in question, the pics are cool as hell so thanks for sharing them.

edit on 13-5-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Careful, in the land of the free.Hanging around airport's taking photo's of Air Force 1 will see you hollidaying in Gitmo.
Stumping? I Think that involves baby oil and bending over!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately I was not able to get any more shots of the planes. If they did take off when they were supposed too, they took off in the opposite direction than what is normal.

Thanks for the Info on AF1/AF2 though peter! :-)

top topics

join