It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Thanks for your civil response.

Sorry . . . but hitting "Enter" twice whenever you change a topic or at least every 5-7 lines at a fitting place . . .

does NOT require that much more time or effort.

And it would likely increase your readership by several times over. Your choice.

No. Sorry, I simply cannot well handle walls of text sorts of things--particularly repeatedly or routinely in a short time.

Generally speaking, it sounds to me like you do not have a high regard for the text as we've received it through the ages.

Josh McDowell--author of THE NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT was a fierce atheist.

His father was an angry, abusive RCC alcoholic who would beat Josh's mother virtually every evening when he came home drunk.

When Josh became a teen, he took to provoking his dad immediately when his dad walked in the door so the dad would beat him and not his mother.

When Josh went to university, he studied the ancient languages STRICTLY IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO DISPROVE THE BIBLE AND THE 'HORRID' RELIGION OF HIS DAD

He ended up a fierce Believer after all his extensive investigations into the text and the quality of the text. His research is exhaustive.

He has detractors on the net, who, imho, don't begin to hold a candle to his intellect, his discernment and certainly not his research.

Lee Strobel was another who set out to disprove--at least to discover--as an investigative journalis/atheist/agnostic sort . . . whether there was anything to the Bible as a valid resource or discriptor of reality, or not.

C.S. Lewis was a more famous atheist who also researched his way into Belief in his then beloved Savior as Lord.

imho, God has well provided a text that is not 100% pristine perfect as original. I think that helps prevent some measure of idolatry of the ink on paper. However, it is plenty perfect in all the essentials of the doctrines of the Faith--in order for individuals to form and maintain an intimate relationship with God in terms of their part in the matter.

And, as The Book says . . . Heaven and earth will pass away . . . but His Word will remain . . . and unaltered in even the tiniest punctuation point of value or meaning.

Many tyrants have tried to squash it, obliterate it, render it discarded--by law, by ridicule, by great destructive hostility and by deceptive counter arguments etc.

It remains potent in the lives of those who would apply it in a fair-minded experiment in their lives. It will continue to do so through the coming dark Tribulation for those who have 'hidden it in their hearts' that they might remain faithful to Almighty God; Yeshua The Messiah and His Holy Spirit.

JUST AS WITH THE LIVING WORD--YESHUA--JESUS THE MESSIAH . . .

those who would crush THE WORD

will be ground to powder and blown away by the Truths of The Word of Almighty God.

It was by HIS WORD that all that is made was Created.

He is VERY ZEALOUS over His Word . . . to perform it and to protect it . . . and to demonstrate it's Power and Majesty. He will always be so.

That's one of the reasons satan works so hard to throw rocks at it, detract from it and generally, in futility, try and trash it. But even he knows that in the end . . . The Word of Almighty God wins. That's part of why satan is so angrily doing all he can to trash God's favorite Creation--mankind--and particularly those who are in intimate relationship with God.

It's all he can do to try and throw some sand in God's eyes for kicking satan out of heaven.

May all who earnestly and fair-mindedly seek TRUTH find TRUTH AND THE SOURCE OF ALL TRUTH . . . there is no substitute. There are not many options.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Horn and Putnam's research on the matter in EXO-VATICANA is exhaustive.

Paola Harris alone has also long shared various assertions by the Pope's confidant and Observatory officials on the matter.

I have predicted on ATS in past years that the day would come when the Pope would incrementally begin to bring this meme, this theme, this value, this goal into the public awareness and to thereby begin to sell it to the masses. I just did not expect it this soon.

This is but the tiniest of efforts on the Pope's part to do just that. Such efforts will increase.

The quote I posted from the cover of EXO-VATICANA is an accurate one though it is a short edited one from a larger quote in the source.

And, in terms of authentic Christianity--that stance--evidently a hidden long held stance--on the part of the Vatican--is a hideous one . . . a very demonic one, actually. There's no way around it. That's the simple facts of it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GlassHammer

INDEED. I do NOT believe the Vatican spent so many millions on a state-of-the-art observatory in Southern AZ

as merely a hobby for idle priests . . . [restraining myself on that latter issue] . . .

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
no one said they would force E.T to convert but E.T would still have to go through the Baptismal process done by a priest.

Only if they asked for it. You only see what you want to see. And that was more of a joke than an a real agenda.

Are you a robot than you can't determine when people are making light comments or being dead serious?

This is depressing

originally posted by: Spider879
but that in no way distract from the fact that back in the bad old days both proselytizing and converting were pretty much common.

That's why I specifically said that it doesn't happen anymore

But hey, it's not like you read my posts anyway so I see no point in continuing to discuss with someone who doesn't want to listen.

Seriously, anyone here who truly believes the Vatican has an agenda of converting aliens to Catholicism must be either trolling or is an autist, there is no other explanations possible.
edit on 15-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
Ancient aliens?
Opposable thumbs?
Who're we to say that's what has to be for a being to advance? If aliens are able to travel here, which they are, I'm sure they would laugh at people like the pope. At the very least, feel sorry for him.

And if we found them and they were behind us in technology, do you honestly think they would trust us?

And there are people who don't need no stinking thumbs:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Seriously, anyone here who truly believes the Vatican has an agenda of converting aliens to Catholicism must be either trolling or is an autist, there is no other explanations possible.

Actually, as Horn and Putnam have demonstrated with their exhaustive research, the Vatican plan is much worse . . .

to bring the "RCC faithful" under the critter's influence and control--as part of the new one world religion as directed and administered by the critters--more or less in toto.

. . . just as The Bible predicted for this END TIMES era 2,000 years ago . . . in terms of the satanic one world religion.

I'd long suspected that as a major option. I was still saddened when it surfaced to be literally true.

I'd known for decades that the oligarchy would have to do one of 2 things:

1. Destroy the Vatican and the RCC one way or another

or

2. Infiltrate, subvert, take it over from within.

There were not other options. The RCC is too large to just ignore.

Horn and Putnam have demonstrated quite conclusively that--as was the most likely from the beginning--the oligarchy chose option 2. above.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Paranoid nonsense

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Given my study of such things since 1962 and 1965 depending on the topic . . .

I certainly do not consider my perspective paranoid nor nonsense.

And I say that rather confidently from the perspective of a quality earned PhD in Clinical Psychology.

I'm curious how long you've studied the topics of UFO's and GLOBALISM?

e.g. . . . What percentage of or how many quotes of the following--particularly from the first link--have you EVER read?

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

twga...

However, I can understand that many . . . e.g. my own Step-Dad . . . found such solid information . . . in the words of the globalists themselves . . .

to be tooooo frightful and sobering to do anything but DENY its existence or validity.

Sounds to me like you are in the same camp.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Your signature warns of WW3, about end times and agenda 21.

I've participated in conspiracy boards for almost 20 years and I know your kind very well. I also know about UFO and globalism, and I can tell you the sources you cite are certainly not considered serious in the field of those who treat the subject seriously, and not based on the testimonies of new-agers and chanellers talking to "pleiadans" or "reptilians".

You are an Anglo-Saxon Christian Protestant. Your kind are obsessed with scriptures and the end times and prophecies, not about real down to earth spirituality, mutual understanding, forgiveness, etc.

Since you roam on conspiracy boards, you incorporated any conspiracy resonating with you in your apocalyptic worldview. In your case, WW3 and all the PTB crap of those like you who fear anything threatening their national sovereignty (typical American reaction).

The net is full of books about that crap, but it doesn't really get any attention beyond anglo-saxon countries because it's exactly that; anglo-saxon protestant fantasy.

Quoting conspiracy boards is not really a good source of information. Paranoid personality disorders concern 0.5%–2.5% of the general population. You should know that with a PhD in Clinical Psychology. If you think those 1-2% of the world don't gather on the net to post their paranoid ideas, you are quite naive.

They do and they tend to gather on sites like here or others you quote. The arguments you use, the sites you quote, the ideas you promote, typically originate from the 70-140 millions paranoid people on earth, and if you believe in them too despite a critical analysis, saying the end times are close and WW3 at door and the UN wants to commit genocide (fear-mongering), you simply exhibit the same symptoms and it shows these ideas infected you too.

Physician, heal thyself.

But you should also remember paranoid and insane people usually are incapable of realizing they are.

Yet, everything in your posts reek of fear and anxiety about future cataclysmic events, wars, genocides. Paranoia.

Globalism is real, but it needs cheap labor for production and large population for selling their goods. Anyone thinking it's to the advantage of globalist elites to kill large portions of the population from rich countries is deluded beyond belief. It's economics 101 to know that you don't kill your workforce nor your customer base.

The people who warn about the "NWO" trying to put people in FEMA camps to kill them, or to push for WW3, are just having paranoid delusions.

Paranoid nonsense

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

I am not a Catholic and pretty sure I am rusty on my Christian teachings but the Pope is the Vicar of the Church, leader, and teacher of the Catholic faith. It is his responsibility to ensure Catholic dogmas and the bible are taught and reinforced.

Now I like this new pope very much BUT the things he says like: I am not here to judge is WRONG. The Pope is here to judge us, rebuke us and try to keep us on the path to the creator....this is part of his job and he is not doing this!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

OMG

If I were an Alien aka from a Civilization type 3, 4, 5, etc

I would Baptize myself thank you very much

OK OK May the Force be with you ANAKian Skywalker and your Sons aka Son's of ANAK
and Sons of Elyon jor el kal al

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DisabledVet1

The Pope is here to judge us, rebuke us and try to keep us on the path to the creator….this is part of his job and he is not doing this!

Because you're not Catholic, it is understandable why you might make this mistake, but no. The job of the Pope is to lead the Church and uphold the teachings of it, but it is absolutely NOT to judge anyone. Even for devout Catholics, the Pope is just a man, a sinner who is subject to the same rules and failings as anyone else. To say that he should be judging anyone is to put him on a par with God, which we do not.

America magazine: 'Who is Jorge Mario Bergoglio?"

Pope Francis: "I am a sinner. This the most accurate definition. It is not a figure of speech, a literary genre. I am a sinner." (Source)

edit on 15-5-2014 by adjensen because: added quote

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear from what I read on this site that the knowledge of the Catholic Church from most American ATSers (especially if they are fundamentalists) is caricatural at best, if not straight lies used to demonize the Church they always tried to distance themselves from.

Quite sad to see such lies being spread on a daily basis. I wonder what these people did to you to deserve this.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
I think it's pretty clear from what I read on this site that the knowledge of the Catholic Church from most American ATSers (especially if they are fundamentalists) is caricatural at best, if not straight lies used to demonize the Church they always tried to distance themselves from.

Quite sad to see such lies being spread on a daily basis. I wonder what these people did to you to deserve this.

This site is very anti catholic, the fundies think they rule the roost here. Apparently the quiet confidence about ourselves and our faith makes them feel threatened

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think the thread should go back to the words of the pope and what they mean. ET reality different from demons, as Mgr Balducci the late papal astronomer said years ago.

It is one thing a priest-astronomer to say it. It is a completely another thing the pope to say it. So here we go to the starting point: what did actually Francis tell us this week? What did he tell the 1.2 bln catholics in first place? Not to fear the aliens...

I assume Vatican is well aware of a soon to happen contact/disclosure of any kind, and therefore finally the pope speaks himself. We all know the papal authority is the final word in the catholic world, no matter if we like that fact or not. Sure this is not "ex cathedra" rather a personal view expressed in daily homily. The pope always can say that he meant otherwise. But the fact is he said those words. Decades passed before that happened. They could be said by John 23 as well but he chose to die rather than talk.

John 23 had visions of Madonna and of aliens recorded in alleged part of his diary about Mary's apparitions. It is not official but it is spread online.

Something more besides the alleged diary. John 23 met the ET contactee George Adamski shortly before the pope died from cancer. The story goes, he was given a cure (of ET origin) but he decided not to use it. Anyway, the fact he met personally in the Vatican the famous ET contactee Adamski speaks of itself. Now John 23 is a saint. That bears a profound impact on the catholic conscience who venerates the saints as souls already in Heaven.

Pls comment those things and let not accuse each other of personal characteristics.

The influential Spiritdaily catholic website-portal kept the news as red headline, and one day later it was removed. Perhaps someone told Spiritdaily to remove it. Perhaps some people within the catholic church want those words to be forgotten ASAP. That is not good. And not the papal words themselves that reflect the reality of post-Galileo era we are living in.
edit on 15-5-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

OK back to what the Pope said. What I find the strangest is people speculate so wildly while he was obviously making a modern allegory to illustrate the position of the Church being open to all, like it was in the past with pagans, despite what Catholic fundamentalists would like.

Here were his words:

“If, for example, tomorrow an expedition of Martians came to us here and one said ‘I want to be baptised!’, what would happen?”

Clarifying that he really was talking about aliens, the Pope said: “Martians, right? Green, with long noses and big ears, like in children’s drawings.”

“Martians, right? Green, with long noses and big ears, like in children’s drawings.”

If he was really trying to say he literally wanted to baptize aliens, that's not the word he would have used. The pope is a smart man, he can make a trait of humor when needed.

Yes the Vatican is into exobiology, not because it's fascinated by aliens but because Catholic priests always have been interested into all sorts of fields of science.

Exobiology is just one of the many topics Catholics priests are specialized from the education they chose.

For example, my great uncle was a Catholic priest but first and foremost a nuclear physicist building nuclear plants.

Does that mean the Catholic Church is into nuclear energy? Nope, there is no correlation between what Catholic scientists study and the position of the Church (unless we are talking ethics like cloning, etc).

Edit: Adamski was a famous hoaxer

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't think this is the main reason for his words, although it might be a convenient explanation besides the main one, used to calm down too hot catholics (and not only). To "baptize aliens" is the main approach the modern catholic church takes when speaking of other beings in the Universe. Because that is what concerns her. The Church is not the scientist who will prove the fact. The Church could give or not the sacraments she keeps. So the words of "baptize martians" go much beyond their first impression. That means the pope confirms what Mgr Balducci has elaborated for years (see youtube) as main papal astronomer. Later that was continued by contemporary astronomers-jesuits although withfewer wordings about the ET life itself. Balducci has quite a lot already said. The pope didn't deny all of that, he confirms it by saying he would baptize Martian - alien - ET whatever name you want. He even describes a being that DIFFERS physically from us. What to say about identical Human ET that reportedly are not rare in galaxy? For the pope there wouldn't be any problem to baptize Grey therefore. If that Grey converted, confessed his sins if there are such (because now the Grey are demonized by many) and is baptized. Not necessarily all Grey are evil. Not necessarily all other ET are evil.

-------------------------
Furthermore, I think the biggest enemy for the pope's new course now will be the fundamental catholics who will see whatever evil you like in those words. They will side with the warring protestants who will estimate 3.5 or 7 years until Armageddon.

Whatever the historical background of the modern Catholic church is. If you guys want to defend the new fresh air not only in the Catholic church but in the world (because Disclosure will be for everyone not only for catholics), then you may consider to defend the pope in this moment. I had previous views about that and now I review them. I critisized not so much the pope rather the main persons in the Curia. Perhaps I was right perhaps I was wrong, don't know. Everyone has personality including the pope and everyone can err.

Right now he takes a course that will make what was not made possible in the time of Galileo practically until now. Let give the world that chance.

edit on 15-5-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't believe in disclosure simply because from all I studied since 20 years, not any single serious UFO searchers knows what it's all about.

All those who are into disclosure like Greer are famous scammers and hoaxers and only want to make books and DVD money.

There was a famous UFO wave in my country in the 80's, where the army aircrafts chased a few UFOs, we had radar reading and one of the best UFO picture ever (petit-rechain). The news talked about it daily, everyone was talking about aliens all the time. We had a public initiative launched to study all the data. For decades they did, exchanging with military from all other countries.

The conclusions they reached is the same serious people like Hynek and Vallée reached too:

No one knows what the f*** any of this is. They have no idea, all the crafts look differents, each case is unique, they are all puzzled. There is no consistency expected from alien visitation. No US president nor high-ranking military knows more than the most serious searchers, which is not much.

Everything about different alien races, underground bunkers or a craft held by the US is nothing but rumors from the conspiracy crowd. All the testimonies who say they have proofs of alien bodies, like Greer in his latest movie, are hoaxes to get money from gullible people.

There will be no disclosure simply because the idea of alien life is accepted by the public since almost 70 years and nothing new has been discovered since then.

There is literally nothing new to disclose, unless you are one of these people who believe high ranking officials had secret contacts with aliens, wich is nothing but a rumor.

In that context, what the Pope said is not surprising. The idea of aliens is nothing new.

This is literally the martian the Pope described.

He was certainly not talking about imminent disclosure.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Everything about different alien races, underground bunkers or a craft held by the US is nothing but rumors from the conspiracy crowd. All the testimonies who say they have proofs of alien bodies, like Greer in his latest movie, are hoaxes to get money from gullible people.

How do you know, Sir?

Besides that, in the line I already talked, the only way to make the fundamental catholics not to side with the end-time protestants, is apparition of Virgin Mary to confirm the ET existence and their side on the side of God. That is not impossible to happen. We have a number of ongoing apparitions. I don't know what the alleged seers will say as words of Virgin Mary. But I know there are hundreds of thousands may be up to millions among the staunchest catholics who make the church run, who will take this or that position depending on apparitions and less on authority of the church. You know, the billion catholics are not all equally fervent. Those are the most fervent ones. It matters for a world that lost its sense of supernatural.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And if aliens make contact and claim to have created human life?Like many of the ancient astronaut crowd already believe.As I said earlier we can't know what these creatures are or their intentions here.The church is usually very cautious in verifying saints and miracles.
And yes the Vatican archives span hundreds of years of human knowledge.If the prophesied'Great deception'were to occur this would be a top candidate.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join