It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You missed my point.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If he really thinks an intelligent species which can travel vast distances through space would fall for the tripe he and his ilk bleat about. -

Do you still believe the tripe that there are no religious scientist and the fact that they hold down jobs in science and technology?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread to see if anyone pointed it out, but they said the same under Benedict. It's not a new idea.

If there is aliens secretly visiting earth, I'm sure the church would have some idea. Of course they want to normalize the idea of converting the aliens as well. The idea that aliens accept your religion, may be the only thing that prevents them from questioning their faith when ET shows up.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: boymonkey74

If he really thinks an intelligent species which can travel vast distances through space would fall for the tripe he and his ilk bleat about. -

Do you still believe the tripe that there are no religious scientist and the fact that they hold down jobs in science and technology?

To be fair he says intelligent enough to travel vast distances. No one on earth has achieved that.

I imagine once you start to visit multiple planets, and encounter different life forms with different views, subscribing to the religion of any one planet is unlikely. Especially if they come here and realize that Earth's religions haven't done much to enlighten us.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
I haven't read the entire thread to see if anyone pointed it out, but they said the same under Benedict. It's not a new idea.

If there is aliens secretly visiting earth, I'm sure the church would have some idea. Of course they want to normalize the idea of converting the aliens as well. The idea that aliens accept your religion, may be the only thing that prevents them from questioning their faith when ET shows up.

IF THEY ASK...geesh, the pope wasn't advocating forcing conversion onto them.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Didn't the last pope say the same thing?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What I wrote in the last few posts one could think I am against the Catholic church. It is not so! I repeat times and again that I am not against the renovated Catholic church but only against the historical gross errors that were publicly denounced by Vatican 2 and by Saint John Paul 2.

Having two bright popes as saints in our most modern history that many of us remember, we cannot have a better example how the modern Catholic and Christian churches should go int he future. John Paul 2 accepted so many things from science and only the time and health weren't enough for him to reach the era when ET will be spoken of freely on internet an exo-planets will pop up from telescopes every week. The leap is enormous and we communicate thanks to that tech derived from ET. John Paul 2 couldn't live so far to see the logical finalization of all his efforts in uneasy times with other priorities. I am very glad that after the theologian intellect of Benedict 16 who nearly admitted the story of Annunaki and Enoch, now we have the bold and strictly devote personality of pope Francis who said the miraculous words "to baptize aliens". The words were said before by several top Vatican astronomers two of whom are alive and working in US -Vatican observatories. Before that it was Mgr Balducci who explained how between angels and humans there might be many levels of ETs with different proportions of spirit and body (someone would call it higher D). And St Padre Pio who said some extraterrestrial civilizations may have not committed original sin! All that from the modern history and today of Catholic church cannot be just thrown away in exchange of outdated doctrines of past ages. It is strange how some people find it good alternative the worst pages of Christian history to be brought back to life to substitute what is being done for 2 centuries with so many efforts. Let remember again many apparitions may have talked exactly about ET hidden under secrets. ET presence and ET help to get out of here if needed. And logically, to bring the sacraments to those brothers-ET who want them and who apparently are not from the higher court of Jesus Christ (who will not need them being with Jesus himself). I don't see a shadow of sin in all that. If someone keeps quoting outdated theologians of past eras, he is doing his work for his own ends and I already responded many times. It is a time to turn the page of human history once and for all. And to expect the new heaven and new earth to come sooner even before the apocalypse. There is no dating in the Gospel so it depends on us. Perhaps the ET could bring forth their ships tomorrow if there are enough people who want to evangelize baptize systems from Alfa Centauri to the opposite side of our own galaxy. Orion belt is especially interesting place because it is said to have a hi-way to other places even to heaven whatever that means. Are we ready now, when the pope finally spoke out? How will we react if tomorrow ships appear above main capitals or even one capital and send shuttles to everyone who wants to take part in that? Will you hide and shoot? I will take my chance with the ships of Jesus Christ. Perhaps another person will lead them because it is not the time of Second Coming of Jesus. Whether Ashtar or someone completely unknown to be manifested, I don't know. Just think Lord Jesus the Son of God may have quite many honorable servants who love God more than we can imagine. Anyone sent by Jesus for that task will be worthy to be followed "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord" sings the church in the liturgy. For what purpose and why we repeat "Thy kingdom come" when that kingdom is at the door we some of us prefer to reject it and exchange it with past ages absurdity instead? "Thy kingdom come" never fulfilled in human history. It won't fulfill in a world like that that is on the brink of nuclear annihilation. IMO it will fulfill only on the new earth where righteous dwells. Happy and blessed is he who enters the Kingdom of God.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does this mean that the aliens have invaded heaven? The alien being is just a form to hide everyone from revenge when on the universal plane. They are you and me.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo
Wow-- that kind of thing smells of so much arrogance.

I suppose the pope would want to start converting
all those hedonistic Martians or E.T.'s
I guess it never occurred to him the E.T.'s could be
spiritually advanced as well as technologically advanced.

Well there you go... no offense to Catholics out there,
but isn't their a long history of the church attempting
to convert aliens and often leading to them either
converting or being massacred.

Hopefully, the E.T.'s are spiritually advanced enough
to convert the Catholics perhaps to a higher spiritual\
level.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Guy Malone's panel of top flight scholars researched all that extensively. I believe their seminar on it is one of the best I've heard/watched.

GUY MALONE’S WEBSITES:

www.alienstranger.com...

WWW.ALIENRESISTANCE.ORG...

And Cris Putnam and Tom Horn's exhaustive research in

EXO-VATICANA plus the DVD of tons of refs . . . is another collection of great quantities of high quality refs.

I think they have all pinned things down rather well and sufficiently clearly.

BESIDES ALL THAT . . . the critters have NOT been behaving nicely lo these 60+ years . . .

RAPING INNOCENTS of various ages is NOT NICE.

MUTILATING HUMANS WITHOUT ANESTHETIC EXACTLY AS CATTLE HAVE BEEN MUTILATED IS NOT NICE . . . no matter how one slices it.

No way the critters--any of the written about in the literature the last 60+ years--are nice.

NO way they have ANY trustworthy theology to share.

No way they are anything but in cahoots with the dark lord toward his dark aims for destruction of as many people as he can deceive and manage to destroy.

GUY MALONE’S YOUTUBE LIST OF VIDS:

www.youtube.com... 0...1ac.1.11.youtube.pul-p6LCH2I

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Evidently you've missed my extreme patience hereon over the years.

At this point . . . I 'suffer fools' less and less gladly.

I'll stand on the Word of God against all assaults now and forever.

Thankfully, HIS WORD will endure long after this globe and multiverse have been trashed and replaced.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think it's amusing that he thinks he holds a position higher.
By Aliens what does he mean?.......little green men or would it be what I think to be the case
when I think aliens as mirror images of us but what I would see as Angels.

Any religion that condones and doesn't stamp its foot firmly into the ground and stopping the wars, conflicts, famines, illnesses, corruption, greed is not a true religion.

By allowing it they are condoning it.
By condoning it, they in my eyes are no part of the religion of the God whom I believe to know.

But who am I?
I'm just part of one and one of many.
The day is coming. I can't prove it nor show you. But I feel it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can I just say that after Pope Palpatine, I absolutely love this new Pope. xD

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

IF you want me to read your text,

THEN you will kindly paragraph it into short paragraphs about 5-7 lines long or less. Walls of text are almost painful to aging eyes. Besides, most folks just scroll past them.

I don't recall which book I got the refs I was mentioning from.

It may have been one by Lee Strobels . . .

Josh McDowell's NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT is not quite as up-to-date as I think Strobels is.

Ravi Zachiaras may have more up-to-date refs.

Anyway--here's some I quickly gleaned. Beyond them, IF folks really want to know the truth . . . sufficient truth is available for the searching.

= = =

www.dts.edu...

On 1 February 2012, I debated Bart Ehrman at UNC Chapel Hill on whether we have the wording of the original New Testament today. This was our third such debate, and it was before a crowd of more than 1000 people. I mentioned that seven New Testament papyri had recently been discovered—six of them probably from the second century and one of them probably from the first. These fragments will be published in about a year.

These fragments now increase our holdings as follows: we have as many as eighteen New Testament manuscripts from the second century and one from the first. Altogether, more than 43% of all New Testament verses are found in these manuscripts. But the most interesting thing is the first-century fragment.

It was dated by one of the world’s leading paleographers. He said he was ‘certain’ that it was from the first century. If this is true, it would be the oldest fragment of the New Testament known to exist. Up until now, no one has discovered any first-century manuscripts of the New Testament. The oldest manuscript of the New Testament has been P52, a small fragment from John’s Gospel, dated to the first half of the second century. It was discovered in 1934.

Not only this, but the first-century fragment is from Mark’s Gospel. Before the discovery of this fragment, the oldest manuscript that had Mark in it was P45, from the early third century (c. AD 200–250). This new fragment would predate that by 100 to 150 years.

= = =
MANUSCRIPT EVIDENCE FOR SUPERIOR NEW TESTAMENT RELIABILITY BY MATT SLICK

carm.org...

= = =

The New Testament Documents and the Historicity of the Resurrection

Sam Shamoun

www.answering-islam.org...

= = = =
Dating the Oldest New Testament Manuscripts
by Peter van Minnen

library.duke.edu...

= = =

The Rylands fragment - the earliest known New Testament document

www.facingthechallenge.org...

= = =

ARE THE BIBLICAL DOCUMENTS RELIABLE? JIMMY WILLIAMS

www.leaderu.com...

= = = =

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Of course he would, Martian cash is as good as any other.

It's entirely more likely that a species capable of travelling here would laugh in his face at his primative fairy tales.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To add.

If I was allowed to make a reply to the pope himself I would ask.

Why is it that quite a bit of the religion remains hidden from the majority yet the majority is expected to follow based on what they have been allowed to know and learn.

I would also say that it's not their personal religion, it's open to all.
When I say all I mean all
all ages
all colours
all languages
all locations

Yet, most of rhe crap that goes on is focused around or over money and people arguing over who's religion is the one.

Buddhism however is so so much different.
Makes me wonder.

I was Christened at birth, allocated to a side long before I truly believed and had faith in.
Why is that considering I am now 36 years of age and its only over the last 3 years that I can say hand on heart, ueah I do believe and yes I do have faith.
Why is it that I also see the errors and know that if I do and can then God already has?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Bad Ets might play that game with him as they set up religions (as opposed to spiritual practices and beliefs) and may want to enforce them, as that is the biggest box they keep people in and away from using discernment and going within for answers to progress.

What a donkey idea.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I enjoyed the first pages of this thread, until the usual argumentative crowd had to show up and start bickering.....sigh.

I read what little of the pope's hand that I could-basically the fingers -lol!

He has a long index finger, meaning natural leadership abilities, and he's detail oriented; really thinks things through.
His short middle finger indicates he's a free spirit who marches to the beat of his own drum.
The long ring finger shows that he is highly self confident, and has a need for attention.
The long pinkie finger shows he has good communication skills and is a natural with money. Being positioned with great spacing from the ring finger indicates shows a very independent mind.
Lack of spacing between the index and middle finger shows he will gain authority and rank through his own goals and dreams.
The closeness between the middle and ring finger indicates an art-related life.
I sure would love to see the palm of his hand!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I like Pope Francis, as a former homeless person, he won some major points in my books last year when we were getting reports about him sneaking out and helping to feed thepoor around the vatican.

Maybe he is one of the rare authority figures who actually practices what he preaches or maybe hes just doing some damage control for the last thirty years. Time will tell I guess but anyone who preaches equality, tolerance and understanding is a-ok in my book.

I got a good chuckle about the aliens. Im not sure if an advanced alien race would buy the whole schtick but im sure they would appreciate that the good book has some fairly good morals.... Just as long as you dont go past the ten commandments.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Some folks seem determined to trash St Paul . . .

and to conflate fallen and non-fallen angels as one group.

Those are not my realities. I have no need to attempt dialogue with that nonsensical sort of perspective.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join