It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I've been watching the church's position on UFOs/aliens for sometime.They had a very guarded acceptance that life may exist else where a few years ago.Now they're so sure of alien intentions that they'd offer baptism?What's changed I wonder?

There is no change in stance. As far back as I can remember, it was preached in church that jesus is lord of all creation. By extension this means the entire universe. As society in general becomes more open to life existing beyond this earth, the church is keeping up by reminding us that God created the universe and everything in it and therefore Jesus is Lord of all creation, just like they have always taught.

There is no under hand non disclosure going on here. Just moving Christianity forward to the day if / when we find we are not alone.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I thought I had heard something similar to this before. The pope is now saying himself what the last pope's astronomer said:

Pope Benedict XVI's Astronomer: Catholic Church Welcomes Aliens

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

i guess, this is another of "Vatican Admits that 'Aliens do Exist' "
which is good, probably, to challenge the minds of "Only Humans are created in the Image of God" people

peace
edit on 13-5-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I like this pope. I don't think he has any agenda to acclimate us to aliens. I think he's just a humble dude actually playing the part of the pope without simply going through the motions. He accepts everyone. He thinks greed is a problem. he downsizes his personal expenses feeling that the other popes have lived too richly. He washes the feet of inmates. Seems like he's actually paid attention to what Jesus was getting at in his sermons.
It's something the catholic church could use, and I'm glad they are modernizing...now about those priests pastor pedophile, father fondler and the rest. Will be cool when he gets that problem worked out.
reply to: iamhobo

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

I'm gonna get flamed for this (not your Flag and Star Hobo), but I
can't help but blurt out BlueBeam Alert! I know a couple of you
were thinking it- Slayer you with me on this one? Didn't think so.

The Church is going to let the bad guys in the front door!
Anybody who doesn't take the Shark of the Beast will be
excommunicated-- and their debit card will get shredded!
No Happy Meal for YOU!

Then later the faithful get hunted with directed energy weapons
from both sides and in both ends!! This story has no good ending.
How many bad plays on words can be stuffed into three paragraphs--
let me count the ways.

Edited for decorum's sake. But I'm sure you get the idea from all the
somewhat controversial narratives the Church has pushed lately.
Cmon, Your Holiness-- and you guys were doing so well.
edit on 13-5-2014 by derfreebie because: When it comes true later they forget you told them so before.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My real name is Marciano wich means Martian in English and I was baptized when I was a baby by the Catholic Church ! So it's already been done. :-)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I can only congratulate pope Francis for his bold and non-standard approach! We know there aren't Martians (how do we know if we weren't there?) but there surely are others, starting from Alpha Centauri and ending to the last galaxy.
I already reasoned in length about the implications for theology after a public manifestation of alien life. You may see some recent threads, here is the latest thread that I spent many hours yesterday without knowing the pope's news: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I will skip this time to repeat again and again reasons that should become familiar to every common christian, without my intervention whatsoever. Everyone could reach those conclusions. They were not, thanks to the silence of the churches for centuries. Now that silence has been broken, thanks be to God!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=17917812]andy06shake[/p
indeed it is someday though we might be able to know what the vaticans know "maybe someday"

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If aliens came to Earth to get baptized it would be more than enough compelling evidence for me to believe in Jesus and the Bible. I doubt that any aliens that would come here would come for a Christian pilgrimage, but those hypothetical aliens and their hypothetical motives can be hard to predict.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Besides the theology, that statement of the pope, leader of 1.2 billion wide church, shows a fast track towards Disclosure. From Western side we have hundreds of hi profile credible witnesses, astronauts and moon walkers, military, and even former presidents. From Russian side we have 12/2012 statement of Medvedev in MSM that the Russian president has a full list of all ET individuals residing on Russian territory. Other lower rank officials reported contacts including Kirsan Illumzinov, former president (governor) of Kalmykia who reported in MSM he was onboard a ship.

A number of countries released their UFO files considered top secret during the Cold War. Brazil, Argentine and Mexico are among the countries who publicly speak of UFO on TV. Fleets of hundreds UFOs at once have been seen and videotaped in many Latin American cities (you can see that on youtube, too many to be all fake balloons). As Stephen Basset said, the formal Disclosure may come from a big state but also from a major religion with the Catholic Church being first in that list because her structure and order. If the pope says it, said Bassett several years ago. Well, the pope now says it. May God bless him, and may that not be the end of efforts, but the beginning of our ET encounter. May the common catholics realize it is nothing sinful to acknowledge the existence of other beings created by the same God, and there are enough evidence in the Holy Scripture. Start research it from Ezekiel 1. With a billion or half billion believers who will accept that, it will be very difficult that truth to be denied any longer.That may be the only way to avoid nuclear deep end that the world hurries towards.
The pope proved finally he is the pope of the change for the church and for the world. Thanks be to God!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I never thought i'd say this, but you know what? I'd *love* to have the pope over to grill some burgers. seems extremely open about virtually every hot topic in todays society..bet we could talk some hockey

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

If people born in other country's which are not western do not all follow Christianity I can assure you Aliens born on another world will not also.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

I realize that there are many people here who know the roman catholic history - and, more importantly, the jesuit history - for those that don't and are "so happy to have a real man being pope - and saying that he's against greed" --- you really need to read some history.

The vatican has one of the most expensive telescopes on the earth (the have the most expensive everything on earth - including gold toilets in the vatican) named LUCIFER in Arizona. They've been waiting for the demons to return to earth and take advantage of this info for the morons on earth that buy silly propaganda.

The vatican is selling itself to be the NWO "one religion" and probe deeply into your pocketbook.

Really, people look into the history this "pope" has in his own country of Argentina - the death, pedophile, and human traffiking....

Don't be fooled - and I have grown up in the roman catholic church - I have an uncle that died a priest and an aunt that left the nunnery when vatican 2 was initiated.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Ancient Pact between the Cabal and the Church of Rome is broken.

"Wonders" await us in the coming years.

The Great Conspiracy is about to be unmasked....
edit on 14-5-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

So in a universe which is massive and may harbour hundreds of thousands of civilizations any not born on earth must be demons?.
That is one reason I wouldn't come down here because of foolish views like that.,

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone' - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Including pedophiles,... and by the way,... we will PROTECT YOU BY ROTATING YOU AROUND OUR NETWORK OF CHURCHES AND NAIVE SUPPLICANTS SO YOU CAN CONTINUE YOUR SICK DEVIANT BEHAVIOR...

disgusting...

Thousands and thousands of victims in recent decades have suffered,... not to mention the millions that were victimized by catholic priests in the centuries before...

For those that try to defend the catholic empire by saying this is a new pope that is trying to address this perversion,...

I say: B*llsh*T!!!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Many will be fooled.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

If people born in other country's which are not western do not all follow Christianity I can assure you Aliens born on another world will not also.

Would you please notice the Christianity is not "Western". Its birthplace is the East. Easter is named so because it happened on the East. The Eastern Christianity branches of today's churches are equally valid as the Roman branch. History moved boundaries of Christianity to the West after the Arab invasion in 6-7 c and later. And especially the (re)discovery of Americas. Still the Russian Orthodox goes as far East as Vladivostok and Kamchatka. Why China and India did not accept Christianity en masse, although some very fervent communities do exist there, it is not I to respond. May be the Greco-Roman tradition didn't find the proper way to their cultures. Anyway, neither the Greek nor the Roman nor the German were "Christians" when the first apostles walked the Earth. They were pagans and aliens for the Jews. BTW the pope mentions that in his homily, how Peter resisted to baptize non-Jews pagan Romans but had a vision from God of "animals of all kind". Is it also an image of aliens who don't look like us? So perhaps many aliens will follow the example of earthly civilizations who were pagans and who decided at one point of their history to be baptized. Or perhaps the aliens know quite more than us about Jesus' life on Earth and may even have records of video and audio that we don't possess.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

The Vatican is not "selling itself to NWO". The realities are quite different.

The issue of ET is long standing since Galileo. It was postponed many times by all the churches, not only by the Roman. Now the Roman Catholic church is a leader in astronomy and pursue of exo-planets with habitable conditions from earthly point of view. This is something good and boosts positions of science, then suppressed and now promoted by a new Vatican of 20-21 c. That is not something bad. I don't see where your demons are, in a God-created galaxy consisting of 400 billion stars. Perhaps some aliens have agendas contrary to the earthly one (and what is the earthly one?). Let say some aliens will be our enemies inevitably when we encounter the larger reality. But not the multitudes. To call it all demonic is not to understand it is God the creator, not the devil.
The Vatican and the entire Catholic church that consists of thousands of bishops and billion faithful have the unique chance to be the first to embrace the ET reality and to help the world figure it out correctly. Actually the biggest problem have the Christians. The Buddhists don't have a problem to accept ET life.

If we don't do the Disclosure soon enough, the nuclear bombs will make it pointless. See what happens on the world stage. The earthlings allowed 2 world wars in 20th century with total of 100 mln killed or more. (numbers are always lower). Perhaps we are the worst of many other ET races. No one kills their own, even the ones with negative agendas, say contactees. We the earthly humans do it however. The list is long of what we are doing. It is a time to embrace the larger picture and to stop taboos, demonization, hidden behind NWO talks and expectations of "End times". Wasn't it Jesus himself who said: go to the entire Universe and preach the Gospel, and baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

What about gay Aliens? There's plenty of priests willing, ready and able to service their needs I imagine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join