It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens: 'The doors of the Catholic Church are open to everyone'

Yes, you read correctly -- Pope Francis wouldn't mind baptizing aliens. It blows me away how different the Catholic Church is today than 10-20 years ago. You'd never hear of the Vatican coming out and saying the stuff it does today, back then.

In a homily yesterday dedicated to the concepts of acceptance and inclusion, Francis recalled a Bible story about the conversion of the first pagans to Christianity, according to reports on Vatican Radio. He said Catholicism was a church of “open doors”, and that it was up to Christians to accept the Holy Spirit however “unthinkable” and “unimaginable” it appeared.

Describing how, according to the Bible, Peter was criticised by the Christians of Jerusalem for making contact with a community of “unclean” pagans, Francis said that at the time that too was “unthinkable”. “If, for example, tomorrow an expedition of Martians came to us here and one said ‘I want to be baptised!’, what would happen?”

Clarifying that he really was talking about aliens, the Pope said: “Martians, right? Green, with long noses and big ears, like in children’s drawings.”

What do you think ATS? --
Is this kind of talk from the Pope conditioning people around the world to accept extraterrestrials?

Or could it simply be a tactic to gain followers who are more open-minded?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: iamhobo

His eyes are looking pretty alien.

freaky and black....

I already didn't quite trust him.

too good to be true type of thing
edit on 13-5-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I read this earlier today. I thought it was a hoot and it fits with his spiritual outreach and his calls not to judge others. It sounded like a 'sure, everyone can come to the party ... come on in' ... kind of thing.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I definitely agree with you on that, seems like a real down to earth guy.

Although... lol... I would love there to be some crazy underlying meaning.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I kinda like this Pope he seems good hearted and can be light hearted as well. He is doing a lot of good by destroying the traditional dark side emperor image of the Pope position.

Until he came along I was under the impression the Pope position had to be filled by staunchly closed minded and even sometimes borderline evil people. I hope this one lives a long life and keeps doing what he is doing.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If he really thinks an intelligent species which can travel vast distances through space would fall for the tripe he and his ilk bleat about...he is an idiot. I like his message of acceptance for Aliens but what If they had a religion and they came down and told us about it...I fear many would go over to the alien religion
but I think any Alien race would have evolved past religion anyhow.
Lets face it we are just slightly intelligent apes only a few hundred thousand years old...we have a lot to learn.

Oh and I still smile when I see him cos he is Jim Bowen.

edit on 13-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
what If they had a religion and they came down and told us about it...I fear many would go over to the alien religion
When I look at some of the religions happening around the world ... I'm thinking that might not be a bad thing.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As a non-catholic I must say I do rather like the current Pope (compared to previous ones). The last Pope had "Darth Lord" written all over him, but this one seems more relatable. I like how he's much more focused on spreading love and acceptance instead of running around preaching fire, brimstone & sticking to 'traditional' catholic views that are completely out-dated for this day and age.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was baptized when I was a kid. It was a big disappointment. I was told told that I would feel some sort of mystical power of God come flowing into me. In the end it was just getting dunked under water, which flooded my sinus cavity and caused me to gag, by a delusional old man. I have a hard time forgiving some of the utter crap adults pumped into my head as a child. I don't think the aliens would go for it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Francis is steering Catholics back to be loving and caring and inclusive to sinners as their founder Jesus Christ did, instead of the exclusive prudes they had become. I imagine there are a lot of snobbish better than thou types who think he is ruining the church but the church was not built for them it was built to follow Jesus Christ example.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What If it is the force!!!!

Already a Jedi knight so I hope they aint no Sith

edit on 13-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How could he explain his religion to them with a straight face?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
* ... unless they are carrying guns, are not heterosexual, practice abortions, ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
...or eat sheeple

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And then the aliens would convert...haha...or maybe not.. this is comedy central at its best !!

Who knows, perhaps alien entities have a different connection to some of their gods in a different way than we do.

" - Have you found Jesus?"

" - We've traveled the universe and haven't found anyone named like that, sorry...when did you lose him?"

In any case, I prefer this Pope to his nazi looking predecessor. Baptizing aliens..okay.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I really cannot think of one good reason why any aliens would want to be baptised in the first place.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If he really thinks an intelligent species which can travel vast distances through space would fall for the tripe he and his ilk bleat about...he is an idiot. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Right!!!! If after all that, aliens agree to be baptized you can be sure it's an empty symbolic act so that they could be thought to be rehabilitated and now "one of us". LOL!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What if the pope is hinting that the aliens already visted the vatican why would the pope even say anything like that it would defy everything about theyre religion strange in my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

Religion is strange by its very nature my friend, and organised religion is best kept at an arm's length or tentacle as the case may be!

edit on 13-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Last year it was an Islamic cleric now the Pope.

Give it a rest people.

They're here for the annual intergalactic probe fest.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join