It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcontinental Contact Between Megalithic Cultures in Prehistory?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Another image of her in her more aged form:

Another typical form of femininity and fertility is watering the fields. In "The Mysteries" this is very common. I have made mention before that you find nearly identical esoterica in mesoamerican culture that you do in classical cultures. I am not 100% sold on there being a trading of ideas. It could be just a result of the way human brains think. It could be predating our migration into the Americas. But it is more than just coincidence.

I should add: "the crone" is a common esoteric symbol that seems to be employed here. Along with other symbols like rabbits, the moon, the pouring of water, the relation of things and actions to a feminine aspect.
edit on 5/15/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Metatronin

The key that binds these cultures is oxalic acid and citric acid. It softens the stones when soaked, to a clay like substance. Can also be used to drill holes in stone with a wood stick.

Bollocks. You would need a diamond to carve into some granite stones.

They either had lasers or diamond point machinery.

Bollox.

Carving granite does not require a diamond anything. Also, lasers can't even carve granite.

If you don't understand what a laser is, that is not a justification for waving your arms and saying "LASERS! LASERS!"

Harte

really??

examples:

www.alibaba.com...

www.jqlaser.dpes.com.cn...

Examples of carving or cutting granite with something other than lasers or diamonds:
Book on it by Denis Stocks, an "experimental" archaeologist - link
While I appreciate greatly your inclusion of laser engraving links, engraving is not carving and none of those machines can be used to carve granite.

If you think about it, you'll realize that the thermal expansion of extremely hot surfaces created with lasers would cause the product to crack, even split, before the stone could be carved.

At any rate, Stocks proved granite can be cut with copper tools, and Protzen has shown that, in South America, methods using only pounding stones and rubbing stones, along with bronze chisels (which predate the Inca) can be used for similar results.

Harte

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

But what are you going to do then when you find out that comparable cultural material not only lends itself to physical analogy but cross cultural interpretation?

I would put up a big sign over my desk saying BEWARE OF THE PAREIDOLIA.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

There are many, many paths to the same place - and a kazillion ways to build a stone wall. Interesting these different cultures used the same techniques. Suggests to me they had some kind of contact.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Let's look at the stone cutting 'puzzle' pieces this way:

Lasers today only etch, but in 10 to 20 years...probably will be able to cut and shape granite easily.

Do I believe that was how it was done..? I'm still with the Lemuria, Atlantis, Tower of Babel congregation.

So look at it this way..if those ancient advanced societies or in fact truth:
It's just quite possible the stone cutting was done with computerized water-jet technology
which we use to day to cut plate steel.

The water-jet would not only cut the stone but also leave it smooth & polished, just like any
stream, river, lake or ocean does to rocks.

Just my opinion but it would explain away the huge cisterns found at places such as El Khazne,
Machu Piccu and so on..

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HumAnnunaki

You can use optics to create a cutting tool from sun light.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metatronin

The key that binds these cultures is oxalic acid and citric acid. It softens the stones when soaked, to a clay like substance. Can also be used to drill holes in stone with a wood stick.

Bollocks. You would need a diamond to carve into some granite stones.

They either had lasers or diamond point machinery.

Bollox.

Carving granite does not require a diamond anything. Also, lasers can't even carve granite.

If you don't understand what a laser is, that is not a justification for waving your arms and saying "LASERS! LASERS!"

Harte

really??

examples:

www.alibaba.com...

www.jqlaser.dpes.com.cn...

Examples of carving or cutting granite with something other than lasers or diamonds:
Book on it by Denis Stocks, an "experimental" archaeologist - link
While I appreciate greatly your inclusion of laser engraving links, engraving is not carving and none of those machines can be used to carve granite.

If you think about it, you'll realize that the thermal expansion of extremely hot surfaces created with lasers would cause the product to crack, even split, before the stone could be carved.

At any rate, Stocks proved granite can be cut with copper tools, and Protzen has shown that, in South America, methods using only pounding stones and rubbing stones, along with bronze chisels (which predate the Inca) can be used for similar results.

Harte

I know it's possible to use other tools as well, however not with such precision.
The funny thing about these structures like Machu Picchu, Puma Punku, the chambers of the Great Pyramid and dozens of others is that they've been built so precisely that we don't have tools to do it today. (Not everything of course, but there are really bizarre things if you look further into this).
Ok, you are going to ridicule me for this one, but...there is an Ancient Aliens episode on this one. Explains it pretty neatly.
And the way the "mainstream science" expains it is really ridiculous.
As for the moving of heavy stones and objects, the theories are simply funny.
There are cases in which you HAVE TO admit they either had anti-gravity devices or some stuff we are not aware of. (using sound waves for moving objects and like)

edit on 15-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You can use optics to create a cutting tool from sun light.

Watched a video not to long ago where a fellow used a 3D printer in the desert with sand and extreme heat
to form a ceramic bowl: albeit kind of crude, but it shows where technology is heading and made me wonder
if it could be done to make shaped stone when the tech is advanced!?!

We will have to wait to see what the future brings, and if the future is actually the past.

Be well.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The funny thing about these structures like Machu Picchu, Puma Punku, the chambers of the Great Pyramid and dozens of others is that they've been built so precisely that we don't have tools to do it today. (Not everything of course, but there are really bizarre things if you look further into this).
There are cases in which you HAVE TO admit they either had anti-gravity devices or some stuff we are not aware of. (using sound waves for moving objects and like)
That's nonsense. Show some examples, and I'm quite certain that a simple web search will provide answers. Let's face it...you are taking somebody else's word for such things...generally people selling books to the gullible.
Some folks just seem to think that brown people were too stupid to build big stuff.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

That's nonsense. Show some examples, and I'm quite certain that a simple web search will provide answers. Let's face it...you are taking somebody else's word for such things...generally people selling books to the gullible.
Some folks just seem to think that brown people were too stupid to build big stuff.

I'll do that next week as this week I am really busy.

Still, given a choice between believing the people who actually go out there to see things, to deny ignorance, then to sell books about it and mainstream scientists with their fabricated theories that just fit into the curriculum and history books for schools, I would prefer believing the people selling books to the gullible.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

...given a choice between believing the people who actually go out there to see things, to deny ignorance, then to sell books about it and mainstream scientists with their fabricated theories that just fit into the curriculum and history books for schools, I would prefer believing the people selling books to the gullible.
Perhaps, then, it would be easier for you to identify for us one of those 'mainstream scientists' of which you speak. That should be a more efficient use of your efforts.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Generally speaking, the most unreliable form of evidence is analogy. Just because two things look the same doesn't mean they are connected. 'Likeness impliest connexion' is primarily a law of magic, not of science.

To some extent, I agree with you: generally speaking, the comparison of similar features might be deceptive and a rather poor form of evidence.

However, these particular analogies are IMO way too specific to be simply swept under the rug. They don't constitute proof, but should at least ring a bell with us.
edit on 16-5-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I know it's possible to use other tools as well, however not with such precision.

And what do you base this opinion of the limits of precision on?

The precision in the GP (and these other sites) vanishes when you look at it in close-up.

Ok, you are going to ridicule me for this one, but...there is an Ancient Aliens episode on this one. Explains it pretty neatly.

And the way the "mainstream science" expains it is really ridiculous.

How about the way the Ancient Egyptians themselves explained it? How about the evidence left in the Aswan granite quarry, illustrating that they quarried and shaped granite using only stone tools? You HAVE to ignore the actual evidence to arrive at any other conclusion. Are you ignoring this?

As for the moving of heavy stones and objects, the theories are simply funny.

Given your perspective, you must find it exceedingly odd, then, that the largest stone ever moved by human force alone - the so-called "thunderstone" - was transported overland by dragging done by teams of worers in the 18th Century - link

They didn't have antigravity.

Harte
edit on 5/16/2014 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Totally agree with you about dragging the 'Thunderstone'..

Although they did not lift it 200 feet in the air as the 70 ton lintle in the King's chamber
of the Great Pyra-temple of Giza..an amazing feat surpassing todays standards.

I also have issues with the quarry where Giza blocks were cut from.
The 'base' squares at the quarry are much to small for the size of the blocks used in Giza,
of course unless those stones were cut standing on edge!?!

When you examine the lower course of stone work at Machu Piccu, it is farther advanced then the
upper 'repair' work..and a technology we are not familiar with.

We also have a 131 metric ton stone at Puma Punku that was raised from the other side of the
a mountain and raised 13 thousand feet where it rests today.

How do you suppose that was done sir..?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Thanks, finally someone backed-up my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Necrose - I don't see this as opinion, but FACT.

Until these anomalies are explained in detail, there is no way certain ancient building sites were made by primitive intelligence with copper chisels and stone hammers.

One day I would hope someone would choose to explain the Wall of Six Monoliths
at Ollantaytambo and the FACT that these ancient monuments center around the number 13.

Why was 13 such an important number to be left to decode..?
This code of thirteen is NOT mentioned or explained in mainstream archeology.
Maybe it has been overlooked..or surpressed..?

Be well.

edit on 16-5-2014 by HumAnnunaki because: add pic

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumAnnunaki
Until these anomalies are explained in detail, there is no way certain ancient building sites were made by primitive intelligence with copper chisels and stone hammers.
You might want to consider that a lack of technology does not denote a lack of intelligence. There's a certain 'Ancient Aliens' logic that infers that brown people can't build big stuff.

I'm not real comfortable with that.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumAnnunaki
a reply to: Necrose

Necrose - I don't see this as opinion, but FACT.

One day I would hope someone would choose to explain the Wall of Six Monoliths
at Ollantaytambo and the FACT that these ancient monuments center around the number 13.

Why was 13 such an important number to be left to decode..?
This code of thirteen is NOT mentioned or explained in mainstream archeology.
Maybe it has been overlooked..or surpressed..?

Be well.

People are too naïve, they don't really want to know, they don't want to figure it out...they want to be fooled.
You will never see any 'official explanation' of this kind as it doesn't fit their agenda you know, it's pretty sad and makes me wonder about the knowledge in general....
We are aware of known unknowns, but the trick lies within the realms of unknown unknowns.
Personally, I have my theories about these things & I am really glad I do, because not many people are capable of thinking for themselves or capable of critical thinking these days.
And sometimes I feel really disappointed, when ...when I just read all the mainstream responses here on ATS.
Because this is the very last place to search for true, pure ideas.
Seeing people mocking or trolling threads in which OP has some interesting, yet bizarre and unbelievable story to tell...makes me go bonkers.
But seeing ignorance driven by mass hypnosis of mass media and a school curriculum makes me just gloomy.

Back to the OP, they've prolly been more advanced than we are today.
actually, i spent the last 5 years searching for the answer to the most important question ...What happened?
Is is that every civilization has its rise and fall? If so...seeing current situation makes me think, how much time do we have left?

Or maybe they've been here and suddenly they decided to leave Earth, taking everything with them, except for a couple of strange monuments and structures they left behind.

I do believe that evolution theory is wrong. maybe the saying about Darwin admitting on his deathbed that he was wrong and fabricated many of his theories is true... There is a missing link in our DNA evolution, I suspect mixing human and alien DNA (ironically, prometheus style
) would solve the problem.

We are living in a sort of era, in which you can't believe anyone except your own intuition.

Conclusion:
If ancient people hadn't had some extra-terrestrial help, they would have never built such structures. Period.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

And thanks for posting some pictures as Well...
I would do that myself, But i am really busy and trying to look for the right pictures and stories and especially facts and numbers on my iPhone this late is not a good idea really.

I can look further into this and maybe elaborate a week from now.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And what do you base this opinion of the limits of precision on?

The precision in the GP (and these other sites) vanishes when you look at it in close-up.

The closer you are, the less you actually see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join