It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs for January 20th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Do you think starting a Revolution is an easy thing? Not in today's world.

That's what we need is a fresh start, but we are too far gone to even hope for that.

So if peaceful protest is all I can do to speak up and out, that's what I will do.

I am not whining about John Kerry losing, I really didn't want him to win, I voted 3rd Party as well because I am tired of this left or right wing bull#. As much as people down Arnold, look at him, he is in the middle, he has both democratic and republican stances on everything.

I HATE DEMOCRATS and I HATE REPUBLICANS.

This will also be my first public protest. I live about 30 minutes away from DC and I will take advantage of it. I think protesting is great. I love the guy who laughs at all of the Bush protestors....but imagine this, imagine if you were the person that they were protesting, would it be funny that that many people HATED you and wanted you fired from your job.....and that it is in their hands to fire you. How would you feel if there was an Army of people against you, that Nationwide, is larger than the Army that you command?

NOT TOO FUNNY HUH?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This post was started by someone who wanted advice on what kind of anti-Bush sign would be "cool" on inauguration day! I just wanted to let him know that while I am 100% for protesting, it also hurts his cause. Regular people watch these protests and get a huge laugh out of it. The sad thing about it is if 50% of these protesters actually voted, they may not have a reason to protest on January 20th. I mean come on, we just had a free election, your guy lost. Instead of protesting, why don't you contribute to a particular political cause you admire, or why don't you write letters to your elected officials and let them know your views, or better yet run for office yourself, or support a certain campaign.

Protesting the "latest" thing is old, and worn out. It actually hurts the party that is connected with it. Republicans don't protest in this way. They are more likely to E-Mail, write letters, and other ways to contact their Representatives. This is far more effective than joining an angry mob in the streets with misspelled signs and catchy slogans letting the world see their "ignorance".

But, please don't take my advice, if you feel like you are making a difference by protesting, by all means go for it. Meanwhile millions of others like me will sit back and laugh at your "ignorance".

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This post was started by someone who wanted advice on what kind of anti-Bush sign would be "cool" on inauguration day! I just wanted to let him know that while I am 100% for protesting, it also hurts his cause. Regular people watch these protests and get a huge laugh out of it. The sad thing about it is if 50% of these protesters actually voted, they may not have a reason to protest on January 20th. I mean come on, we just had a free election, your guy lost. Instead of protesting, why don't you contribute to a particular political cause you admire, or why don't you write letters to your elected officials and let them know your views, or better yet run for office yourself, or support a certain campaign.

Protesting the "latest" thing is old, and worn out. It actually hurts the party that is connected with it. Republicans don't protest in this way. They are more likely to E-Mail, write letters, and other ways to contact their Representatives. This is far more effective than joining an angry mob in the streets with misspelled signs and catchy slogans letting the world see their "ignorance".

But, please don't take my advice, if you feel like you are making a difference by protesting, by all means go for it. Meanwhile millions of others like me will sit back and laugh at your "ignorance".

Why do I keep replying???

This is the first time that I have protested because of how strong I feel about this issue. I am the only one in my family that doesn't support BUSH, however I do not down them for that, they believe what they believe, and I believe what I believe.

As for other methods of changing the world? Well I helped to publish a book with an author John Buchanan which is titled "FIXING AMERICA". I did not write any of the book, I just did the layout for him for pre-press.

I have written to my representatives and senators on many issues. I have written and volunteered at the poles for Stenny Hoyer D-REP. of MD. I have written to D-SEN of MD Barbara Mukulski as well.

Lastly when John Buchanan was on his National Truth Tour, I was the Event Planner for his speach in DC at the National Press Club a week before the election.

Like me, he is not crying because Kerry lost, he was just an option to Bush, but then I found out that Kerry and Bush are cousins, didn't see that one coming.

I am just sick of the America I live in. I speak out because I want to, not because it's the "cool" thing to do. I have always stood up for what I believe in, and always will. This is the country I love and I will not sit by and let it go to waste.

BTW I did vote, not for Kerry, but for Badnarik. I am also planning to run for House in 2012 (if I am alive by then).

On a last note, I'm 20.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KISSfreak
Why do I keep replying???

This is the first time that I have protested because of how strong I feel about this issue. I am the only one in my family that doesn't support BUSH, however I do not down them for that, they believe what they believe, and I believe what I believe.

I have written to my representatives and senators on many issues. I have written and volunteered at the poles for Stenny Hoyer D-REP. of MD. I have written to D-SEN of MD Barbara Mukulski as well.

I am just sick of the America I live in. I speak out because I want to, not because it's the "cool" thing to do. I have always stood up for what I believe in, and always will. This is the country I love and I will not sit by and let it go to waste.

BTW I did vote, not for Kerry, but for Badnarik. I am also planning to run for House in 2012 (if I am alive by then).

On a last note, I'm 20.

Volunteering for Democrats, yet voted for a Libertarian? What do these 2 parties have in common? What exactly do you believe in?

Exactly why are you sick of America? I guess I'm lucky because during my formative years politically I had 12 years of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. You and others your age had Clinton. To some that is a turn-on politically, but many more others find that a turn-off.

Good luck in the future, maybe in 8 years, there will be no Democratic Party and you will run as a Republican! Hey, alot of wisdom can be gained in 8 years!

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Carseller4]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Maybe that's a true, but that's a fairly slim margin as it stands right now. Anyone who didn't vote protesting the president would be a huge waste of time and money, and most people know it. I don't know why you think it's fun to make it seem like the opposition is a bunch of idiots.

I oppose Bush, but I oppose Kerry.

By the way, as a Republican who has lost his party, I can say that Reps. sure do protest that way, and sometimes worse.

Ignorance is your pompous attitude man. I'm not telling you because I want to antagonistic, but because you are normally on the same side as me.

You also hurt our side, and that you can't see it sucks, because being conservative is not easy these days.

I think if you believed in it like I did, then you would stop running the party line, propaganda and all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join