It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Depot rolling out with employee cultural awareness program to respect muslims?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I did a search and found nothing, so sorry if it has been posted, and sorry if I posted in the wrong section

I'm not a religious person by any means, and I respect everyone's feelings and beliefs, but this just seems over the top. To me this is something that can only lead to more separation, segregation, and cries of racism. I get the traditions and customs of different religions, but don't infringe on my personal beliefs and freedoms to promote and "protect" your religious beliefs. What say you all ATS?

gopthedailydose.com...

A Home Depot in Dearborn MI was the latest victim succumbing to the demands of an organization that shouldn’t be in existence in the United States of America. An American company the home depot gets over powered by the Muslim Brotherhood terror linked organization CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations) has cast. The employees will be subjected to cultural awareness training. The CAIR states this will help them accommodate the religious sensitivities of the Muslim employees and customers. Corporate and Managers gain a better understanding of Muslims and are taught Islam.

and
www.cairmichigan.org...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
People are ignorant to "alien" practices and religions they NEED training.

When i see the word Muslim i dont leap to the instant conclusions that its terrorist or in some way racial propaganda.

Muslims are the same people everyone else is with a slightly different take on who and why they chose to have faith is a different god. Big deal.

Muslim, christian buddest makes no difference to me. Either you are religious or you arnt, to me the details dont really matter..

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

So why JUST Muslim? Why not make it a month long process and train everyone about ALL cultures, religions, and diversities. Making it specific to a certain culture or religion does create segregation right from the start.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81

So why JUST Muslim? Why not make it a month long process and train everyone about ALL cultures, religions, and diversities. Making it specific to a certain culture or religion does create segregation right from the start.

To way to miss OP's point by the long mile.

They SHOULDN'T have to cater to anyone, and especially not these desert mood god worshipers of the violent kind.

They want "Halal wood"? They can go start their own shop, and leave everyone else alone until they either assimilate, or their children drop the religion as most do after a generation or two.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

Because the whole world is scared to death of people that wear explosives for clothing, you never know if that one you piss off is going to explode. They are winning.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Szarekh

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81

To way to miss OP's point by the long mile.

They SHOULDN'T have to cater to anyone, and especially not these desert mood god worshipers of the violent kind.

They want "Halal wood"? They can go start their own shop, and leave everyone else alone until they either assimilate, or their children drop the religion as most do after a generation or two.

I am the OP and that was more a sarcastic remark than lets train everyone to be PC

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Lowe's it is...

(post by samsamm9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

(post by Sakrateri removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's Home Depot...Why the need?

Either you buy a hammer or you don't, no religion need enter into any conversation unless the Muslims are looking for SPECIAL treatment.

If they were offering Halal Hammers at 50% off...that's different.

Ridiculous IMO.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The CAIR states this will help them accommodate the religious sensitivities of the Muslim employees and customers. Corporate and Managers gain a better understanding of Muslims and are taught Islam.

OMFG, nobody cares about muslims delicate religious sensitivities except easily outraged muslims with an entitlement complex.

PCness is over the top. Over the #ing top, and it wont stop until people stand up, each in their own individual way, and say "no, I wont step on egg shells around you because of your antiquated barbaric desert religion brainwashing. Now grow the # up or move to Indonesia."

Goes for all religions and religious nutjobs that demand their ridiculous, childish beliefs be patronized and pampered by everyone around them, too.

edit on 5/13/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh ..... CAIR and Dearborn Michigan .... THAT is why that's happening.
yeah ... why can't people just go to work and do a good job and be left alone? Special interest groups getting in your face ... man, just go away and let people do their job without being harassed.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

As of 2005, Michigan held the largest and still growing Muslim population in the United States and the second largest Arab population outside of the Middle East.

US Capital of Muslims

I guess this explains it. NOT

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

My sentiments exactly. America (on paper) isn't a Muslim country. IMO the ones needing training are the religious fanatics that do not realize America isn't a (insert your religion here) country.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

Well when you go over and tell them all how great the USA is expect an influx of Muslims wanting to come to the USA...to be honest It is a good thing the more diverse the populace is the better for the country's survival.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

So the USA is for Christians only?...going against what your founding fathers wanted.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Nope, not at all. And FYI I'm NOT a religious person. I don't believe in your God. I don't force that down your throat, and I expect the same respect from a religious person.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sakrateri

Because the whole world is scared to death of people that wear explosives for clothing, you never know if that one you piss off is going to explode. They are winning.

Its not even this, really. Its PC culture run amok; out of control; rampaging throughout the entire Western collective psyche.

Why this is happening is hard to say, but I dont think very many people actually WANT to be PC when it comes down to it. People, generally, want to be truthful, and express themselves without irrational restrictions.

I really think its about the need to "fit in", to, quite frankly, conform to the standards of the herd lest you be looked at strangely. Thing is, the herd doesnt really want to be this way, they just cant seem to break away from the habit thats developed.

Its easy to do, really: stop hiding your feelings. Speak your mind. Express yourself without fear.

You can always do so politely, and without hostile intent. But to be afraid that you might offend someone and youll be ostracized for doing so, so you keep your true feelings bottled up, is ridiculous. You do yourself, nor anyone else, any favors.

This is a world of fakery, deceit, deception, and illusion. Some of that overlaps, but its redundant necessarily. The fakeness of the people of this world is a MAJOR root anchoring many problems into our society. The solution is simple though...

Stop being fake. Stop lying. Drop the PC bull#.

That doesnt mean you have to be mean about it. It just means your not being fake, to yourself, or your compatriots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join