It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes in the toilet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I had to post this because ever since I read the book Dreamcatchers by Stephen King (dont bother with it) Ive imagined something like this happening to me while going #2.

Poor woman, I would probably never sit on a toilet again..

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket
I shouldn't have read it. Poor guy from Israel!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not seeing a snake in your toilet is one thing. Not seeing a 6ft python though? They did say it was brown, maybe that's why.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw
Not seeing a snake in your toilet is one thing. Not seeing a 6ft python though? They did say it was brown, maybe that's why.

This made me laugh.

You are right though, how does one not notice a 6 foot python under their ass?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

Epic. I agree. I read about that couple who had snakes infesting their house a long time ago, and that really freaked me out. Two days ago I killed a cottonmouth in my fenced front yard. He was not fully grown, but was not a baby either, so apparently they are starting to hatch after winter. I don't like killing anything, but when you have something that can kill you based on instinct and not rational thought, and will bite you simply because you don't see it and walk right by it or step on it accidentally, it must not be allowed to live. That is the simply truth.

We get more copperheads than anything where I live in Texas. Rattlesnakes are not to common in this particular part of Texas, and I have never seen one here, but it would theoretically be possible for them to find their way to my house. But we kill probably at least three copperheads every summer. I feel a bit sorry for them considering they are relatively docile. A relative of mine got bitten a handful of years ago when she didn't see it and stepped on it. That is about what it takes to get bitten though.

Oh, and that cottonmouth I killed...It had just bitten a frog. I saw a frog still hopping around with two fang marks in its back. And it was almost as if I could see its organ through its skin. Perhaps the venom did something to its circulatory system. I put the frog out of its misery as well, as a humane act. I assumed it would suffer and die. I did not initially see any fangs inside the mouth of the snake, so I was having a hard time identifying it. It looked like a cottonmouth, and the fang marks in the frog told me it was venemous, and so I pulled against the roof of its mouth and out popped the fangs. I hate snakes, lol. One of the downsides to living out in the country I suppose.

We had just had a momentous amount of rain when that snake found its way into my fenced front yard. Rarely do those types come so close to the house. I usually see them down in the creek and pasture, and usually leave them alone. I've heard they can be temperamental on occasion. I remember my grandma telling me that a coachwhip snake had chased her mother one time, slapping its tail like they do, here in Texas a long time ago...but I had always heard that was a myth, that they don't actually chase people. But she swears that it occurred, and I believe her. Anyone else ever heard that? I suppose I could just look it up, lol.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Arggghhhh.......

Where I grew up in NC we had cottonmouths, copperheads, rattlesnakes, and once in a while a coral snake would be found. I killed them all without remorse.

I was bitten by a rattlesnake when I was 9 while turning over rocks looking for bait to fish with. I was lucky I didn't die.

The copperheads had a thing for door knobs where I was they would wrap themselves around them for some reason. Now that was a scary surprise reaching out to open the door and hearing a hiss.

I live in Florida now where I haven't seen any copperheads, but I have run across more coral snakes here. My rule with snakes is if it can kill me I kill it first.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Snakes In The Plane Toilet. That would be the scariest movie ever.

When we were in high school, my brother killed a 42" rattlesnake under our back deck with a garden hoe and a pair of pliers. He didn't want to kill it necessarily but the pliers on the neck did it in. The dog had been barking at it and messing with it.

edit on 13-5-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can't sit on the toilet at night without turning on the light ! I have a nightlight, but it isn't bright enough for me to see if there is a snake coiled up, ready to strike my derrière!

It's been a fear my whole life!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh this thread just reminded me of the movie Porky's.

lol

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I can't sit on the toilet at night without turning on the light ! I have a nightlight, but it isn't bright enough for me to see if there is a snake coiled up, ready to strike my derrière!

It's been a fear my whole life!

If Im ever in Singapore it's lights on and the squatting position.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

And here I thought it was a sequel to Samuel L Jackson's "Snakes on a Plane".

Edit: DOH Scientia beat me to it

edit on 14-5-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

join