It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a purpose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
what is to you, a purpose in life. do you think there is a purpose in life and if so, what is it. of course, please don't flood your posts with God this God that yada yada. for me, i believe we exist for the sole purpose of existence. since we're only animal with higher intelligence, then its safe to conclude we live to die. nothing more, nothing less

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Apart from god, jesus, and free will the purpose in life is to love.

I don't think you live to die, I can't just forget about thousands upon thousands of ghost stories and encounters i've had, I can't throw away the possibility that other dimensions exist other then just our length x width x height world we live in. There is too much unexplained phenomenon to dismiss so easily.

The best thing you can do in life is to love... learn it, live it, pass it on....
I'm sure wherever you go when you leave this 3D world, it won't go unnoticed.

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My purpose, or aims in life, have changed a lot over the past years. They went from purely materialistic and wealth-related to more spiritual aims.
At first I wanted what any kid wanted at some point, to become professionnaly successfull, to have lots of money and lots of material posessions, etc etc... Becoming what society make us believe "being someone" means. (basicly, being a consumer).

Now all I'd want to be happy would be to work just enough to pay for food, basic clothing and a place to live, and devote the rest of my time to improving my-self physicly, mentaly and spiritually.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
to achieve something of great worth....

The interesting thing is i don't know what great deed i want to achieve, i just know that i'll only be truely happy when it has been achiveved

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Purpose? I don't need no stinking purpose!

You were born for the purpose of living and are alive for the purpose of dieing. Cause and effect is all. It is only us humans that pretend things are so complicated thus making our own lives filled with hardship. I'm just trying to drive from point A to point B by hitting the least amount of potholes.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think the "purpose" is to be happy.

Also, we should strive to help others.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My purpose in life has changed from: 'to be happy' to 'Make my mother happy'. I mean if anyone in this universe, I owe it to her. Right?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
oh yes... good one SIm.

we should honor our mothers and fathers... and then strive to be the best parents that we can be...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Purpose? I don't need no stinking purpose!

You were born for the purpose of living and are alive for the purpose of dieing. Cause and effect is all. It is only us humans that pretend things are so complicated thus making our own lives filled with hardship. I'm just trying to drive from point A to point B by hitting the least amount of potholes.

finally someone who appreciate my point!! dont get me wrong, there are alot of things to live for, one of which is love. but as jonna put it, we are only animals who were borned to die.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
but as jonna put it, we are only animals who were borned to die.

You know me, always the chipper one!
Point being that we need to differenciate between non-subjective reality and personal reality. Your personal reality has the purpose or meaning that you create for your life. That is not to say that it is without merit, but rather that it has no intrinsicly Absolute value; it is not pure reality or pure truth because it is relative to your viewpoint.

One can only discover the real Truth or Reality about something when all possible forms of judgement, morality, value systems, desires, etc. are stripped away. Basicly the idea is to remove all forms of subjective interpretation.

So what is the basic or pure meaning of life? When you are alive you live so the meaning or purpose of life is to live. How you choose to live is your perceptional reality and is not a form of True purpose. That is to say if something is a form of Absolute Truth then it can never be false. Hence since personal reality is baised on perception and there are many different perceptions, then one's personal reality or truth will not always be true under the domination of all perceptions.

Did that make sense or do I need to have another drinkie?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
briliant lad, briliant

new topics

top topics

join