It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Oddity. Soo damn awesome!...and about to go away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
When two worlds collide..
(in this case, science and art)

Today, Tuesday, is the last day its up. Watch it before its gone (officially anyhow, surely it will be somewhere I imagine)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Awesome!
Thanks for the heads up

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Great, thanks so much for sharing.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is so awesome, it brought tears to my eyes! The beauty of our planet and a beautiful song!

Thanks for sharing this

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So freaking cool! Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Dude...

Epic. I always thought it would be a great thing to have orbital recording studios. If you could isolate as much noise as possible from the working of the power and life support systems, space would be a pretty awesome place to record an album. Hell, I would love to riff out in space!

That said, I would rather rock the moon. The scenery is nicer, and there is more room for thrashing around. If I tried playing my bass on the space station, I would knock myself unconscious on a bulkhead, or a complicated experiment or something, no question about it!

The moon then. That is the next place that needs to be rocked. Alternatively, someone needs to land on the Black Knight satellite and play this...

edit on 13-5-2014 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar corrections

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
UFO at 3:47, needs to be full screen and HD loaded to see it clearly. Top left in the black above the earth's horizon. Very strange.

www.youtube.com... vid I tried to make. Set 720 HD manually 0.25 speed to really see it but I think even clearer on the original if you set manually 720 and give it however long it takes to load properly.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Beneneth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nooo! They're taking it down?! That's horrible. I saved a copy offline, but I guess if I tried to upload it after today YouTube would just take it down and knock my account with an infraction. Oh well. "For personal enjoyment only" from now on.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Cool, the video does add a lot to Bowie's song, like when the lyrics talk about "floating in a most peculiar way", and he actually is floating!

I see some people tweeting they'd like Bowie to extend the license, but apparently it's not going to happen and the video will come down anyway. Save it if you want it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Then Bowie needs a good talking too. Maybe one of his girlfriends or wives should snuggle him into just letting them put this on youtube for good. Thanks for posting it, I'd never watched it before.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Great! Thanks for sharing! SnF!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Beneneth

Dude, great eye! Lol!

There totally is a UFO.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I was blown away by that!

s&f!

Had to go share it on fb and gave credit to you for bring it to my attention.

That was awesome!

Also very sad that it will be gone after today...
I would enjoy this one fairly often in my musical video collection on youtube.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Very cool, thanks for sharing

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
youtu.be... again you need to let it load properly set at 720 HD, better on the original.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
What a shame. I thought David Bowie was a better man than this. How greedy! This world is beyond greedy when it comes to copyrights and patents.

When two worlds collide...

That's peculiar you worded it like that.

Watch it before its gone

And that's also peculiar...

Well, thanks for the post. Glad I could enjoy the amount of work that was put in this video before it was taken down.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We should send Seu Jorge up into orbit to do some more Bowie songs. I really enjoyed this video. I think many people often forget that we are on a tiny speck in the middle of nowhere. Everything we know and love is just a minute fraction of the universe, and it is quite a humbling fact. People are so caught up in their own lives, not really realizing just how insignificant they really are. We think of the earth as everything, when this is hardly the case. Religion makes this fact easier to bear for many, and I could not imagine accepting our insignificance without religion. It must be truly lonely for those who do not subscribe to religion, if they actually realize just how meaningless everything seems to be in the grand scheme of things. I don't mean to turn this into a religious or philosophical debate; I am just thinking out loud, and I don't mean to offend anyone by any means.

It is just that the emotion triggered by music, coupled with the amazing view of earth, combines to bring certain things into focus for me. Disregarding the facts of the universe is not the way, rather acceptance of our own smallness is the only way to really handle such understanding. If that makes sense to everyone. Perhaps I could have explained it in a better way...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I get the same feelings of awe and "smallness" but I don't see any link to religion.

Rather the opposite, in fact... I look at the Earth as a little blue ball in an almost infinite universe, and I think of all the generations of humans throughout history who have invented gods, fought wars over whose god was the real and righteous god, and so on and so on, without ever seeing the bigger picture — and then I think, "How small minded and parochial can one species be to imagine that the gods they invented created all of this?"

But yeah, that's a little deep for a discussion of what is a very cool video. I am partway through Chris Hadfield's book at the moment. For all I said about religion above, he comes pretty close to messiah status

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That was indeed a very awesome video, no idea how I hadn't seen it until now. Thanks a lot for sharing.
edit on 13/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I admit it..I must be broken.

Because despite the beautiful and cool imagery, the singing made me want to stab my ears with an ice pic.

Sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join