It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Vehicle rams TV station in Maryland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Sounds like an interesting variation on the Telephone game... 'The Media Version!'.

At this rate we'll have "Police drove God into Television while looking for station" by the end of the day.

In the hunt for the facts, people shoot themselves in the foot often these days, eh?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

All joking aside I hope this comes to a peaceful end

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

You and me both.. I hope we all share that as a common hope to a thing like this. Even the guy who does it, does deserve to see his day in court or getting help or whatever......if he allows for that outcome, anyway.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I will get back to you when that happens...
care to address what is actually going on?
It is your thread after all

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
As much as I have felt like that individual (when they canceled Firefly) I did refrain from such violent action.

I do hope the situation is resolved peacefully and without loss of life.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It's just now being reported on the big stations. Fox is saying it was a dump truck.

According to Fox

WMAR-TV News Director Kelly Groft told The Associated Press in a phone interview that when the truck began ramming the lobby around noon Tuesday, she screamed for everyone in the newsroom to leave.

"Once the lobby started to collapse, we knew it was time to get out," she said. "He drove right through the doors and into the main area."

He actually made it into the building into the lobby. But this is the first time I heard it was a dump truck.

ETA: Apparently Boston News is saying the man is in custody already.

I don't know if he has been caught yet or not.
edit on 5/13/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

It's just now being reported on the big stations. Fox is saying it was a dump truck.

According to Fox

WMAR-TV News Director Kelly Groft told The Associated Press in a phone interview that when the truck began ramming the lobby around noon Tuesday, she screamed for everyone in the newsroom to leave.

"Once the lobby started to collapse, we knew it was time to get out," she said. "He drove right through the doors and into the main area."

He actually made it into the building into the lobby. But this is the first time I heard it was a dump truck.

This sure ruined my commute!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilroyRock

According to Fox

This sure ruined my commute!

Apparently it has been resolved. The guy stole the truck from some landscapers at a golf course. The police found him barricaded in the editing room of the station with a golf club.

So far, it is resolved, no one got hurt and no one was shot.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"I'm alright. Nobody worry about me..." - Caddyshack

Sorry, the picture of him holed up with a golf club editing the evening news got me.

Darn gophers...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zedski
"I'm alright. Nobody worry about me..." - Caddyshack

Sorry, the picture of him holed up with a golf club editing the evening news got me.

Darn gophers...

"And he's IN THE HOoole!" I'm so glad he'll be around to explain his sudden
career bump to the magistrate so his wages can be garnished after getting
out of the TimeOut Room.
I want to know like a few here may who his therapist is; because that
individual's choice of mood elevators for him seems to not be gettin' it..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Today the news is saying he was charged for attempted murder.

Who was the moderator on here who said that would happen? Yes, if you drive a dump truck, car,motorcycle or whatever into a building for the purpose of harming or causing damage where people are at, then you get arrested for attempted murder.

Police said Wednesday that 28-year-old Vladimir Baptiste of Parkville was charged with three counts of second-degree attempted murder.

Vladimir Baptiste....I can see now how he came up with the idea he was God. This name is too interesting, I need to go see if I can found out anything else about him.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Today the news is saying he was charged for attempted murder.

Who was the moderator on here who said that would happen? Yes, if you drive a dump truck, car,motorcycle or whatever into a building for the purpose of harming or causing damage where people are at, then you get arrested for attempted murder.

Police said Wednesday that 28-year-old Vladimir Baptiste of Parkville was charged with three counts of second-degree attempted murder.

Vladimir Baptiste....I can see now how he came up with the idea he was God. This name is too interesting, I need to go see if I can found out anything else about him.

Edit: His family was from Haiti

Another older man named Vladimir Jean Baptiste was charged in Miami for gun smuggling to Haiti.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No search for bombs in the vehicle or premise?

Dates like today wiht repeats of 5's, and 6/9 11's, are ritual ones usually and fire ones often. 5's and fires to baal often go together.

I'd be concerned with bombs and sabotage.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The point is that here we have a guy, probably mentally disturbed, possibly drunk and we can't think of a way to incapacitate a disturbed or rampaging citizen to protect the public and law enforcement, using non-lethal means?

Seriously?

If they're mad, altered state of consciousness, or yeah, even bad...just shoot them?

We can peer into the deep reaches of our Universe, detect the smallest sub-atomic particles, we can circumnavigate our planet within a single day, we send spacecraft to other planets and can build machines to compute calculations in a few days, that would take every human being on the planet working together thousands of years.

But we can't design a simple system to simply incapacitate a suspect from a safe distance?

Or is it that we just don't want to i wonder, because if we wanted to keep suspects alive to actually question them and give them their due process..surely with our abilities, we would already have the reliable means to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join