It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Vehicle rams TV station in Maryland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

TOWSON, Md. (AP) — A truck rammed a Baltimore-area television station, leaving a gaping hole in the front of the building, and police said Tuesday afternoon that an armed person might be inside.

WMAR-TV News Director Kelly Groft told The Associated Press in a phone interview that the station believes everyone inside evacuated safely.

She said that when the truck began ramming the lobby around noon Tuesday, she screamed for everyone in the newsroom to get out.

Baltimore County police said 55 people evacuated but that they couldn't be sure everyone was out. Police said there may be an armed person inside, but there had not been any reports of shots fired. Police also said they knew of no motive.

Police: Vehicle rams TV station in Maryland

Just broke 24 minutes ago.

The man might be armed.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

So since they think he is armed, that means he is in their mind.
I see him getting shot for making a "sudden movement" around his waist line

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Local article:

Vehicle crashes into Channel 2 station in Towson; suspect is possibly armed

From the article:

When police arrived, no suspect was in the vehicle, they said. The building was evacuated, and a search began. Police have no one in custody and say they don't know what the motive may have been.

The man said he was God, WMAR reporter Brian Kuebler wrote on Twitter.

What the... I don't even... This will end well...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

This was close to a school, and it is on lockdown also. No mention yet of where he is at. But to ram a hole into the side of the building, that's a little unhinged, that cannot be an accident, that means the person drove into the parking lot for the purpose of ramming the building. This was in Baltimore, so I don't know if it is on-air right now or not.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Local article:

Vehicle crashes into Channel 2 station in Towson; suspect is possibly armed

From the article:

When police arrived, no suspect was in the vehicle, they said. The building was evacuated, and a search began. Police have no one in custody and say they don't know what the motive may have been.

The man said he was God, WMAR reporter Brian Kuebler wrote on Twitter.

What the... I don't even... This will end well...

The man said he was God, therefore needs a truck to hit the building and didn't need lightning or an earthquake to do it? Why this particular tv station?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

As I frequent Towson quite a bit (I live in Baltimore County) every part of that area of the county is near a school. There is a university located down the street and downtown Towson has many college students frequenting it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He rammed a TV station multiple times with a large commercial vehicle until there was a hole the size of several garages in it so he could get in. I would say regardless of gun, a shooting would be warranted as he is obviously not there to deliver flowers. A car is considered a deadly weapon as well if used in the way this guy used it.
edit on 5/13/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ah..but when god is on Earth, he is flesh and frail, like us...so he can't teleport into buildings etc....it's true i tell ya.

Wonder if this blokes medicine dosage was doubled recently...

link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Then he deserves to go through the due process of the law.
Death is no due process

You are saying the crime of property destruction is punishable by death??? Really?
edit on thTue, 13 May 2014 14:44:15 -0500America/Chicago520141580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   
God drives a car now?
Wow, I knew times were tough, but wow.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

As I frequent Towson quite a bit (I live in Baltimore County) every part of that area of the county is near a school. There is a university located down the street and downtown Towson has many college students frequenting it.

Wow, well at least the kids are safe.

This station is a CBS affiliate.

ETA: Fixed, it is ABC.....
edit on 5/13/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Then he deserves to go through the due process of the law.
Death is no due process

You are saying the crime of property destruction is punishable by death??? Really?

I don't think this counts a simply property destruction, but from the way you put it in your first post he hasn't done anything wrong and will get shot for a sudden movement. Sure...if I were in that situation and someone just rammed a hole the size of several garages into my building I would consider that a threat to life.....

What would you do? Walk up to his window and take an order for fries and a coke?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

My point is that they assume everyone is armed, so yes if they assume you are armed and you make a sudden movement, cops will shoot you. And it seems people are ok with that.

And again, just cause he made a threat to life does not mean his needs to end..
You have said that a shooting is already justified, that is scary

I would say regardless of gun, a shooting would be warranted as he is obviously not there to deliver flowers. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If some one rams a car into a building, shoot them, scum of the earth they are!!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Stay away from York Road.

ATS wants to see you around a lot longer, ok.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

My point is that they assume everyone is armed, so yes if they assume you are armed and you make a sudden movement, cops will shoot you. And it seems people are ok with that.

I would say regardless of gun, a shooting would be warranted as he is obviously not there to deliver flowers. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If some one rams a car into a building, shoot them, scum of the earth they are!!!

Yes...by all means lets give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they didn't drink their V8....

Yeah...if you run a commercial vehicle into my building enough times to create a hole several garage doors in size I will say it would be justified to shoot you because you are not there to have your brakes checked....you are there to do harm, but hey...lets hold hands and talk it out.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Stay away from York Road.

ATS wants to see you around a lot longer, ok.

But... but... He said he is God... I can finally have proof! Heh, jk. I wasn't planning on going over to Towson today anyways. I'm sure that by the weekend it'll all be cleared up and taken care of and I'll be able to go see all those pretty college girls again

edit on 13-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes...by all means lets give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they didn't drink their V8.... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

but they are wrong so many times, why do i need to give them the benefit of the doubt?
Did you see the thread about cops firing 377 rounds into a car with 2 unarmed men?

Yes this man committed a crime, and what does out constitution call for when people commit crimes?
Death? Or due process.
Has nothing to do with holding hands and talking it out.
It has to do with stopping the senseless killing based on what some one might do or what they might have.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Let's say someone rams a car into Buckingham Palace or the Vatican or the White House....that was just done for fun and no harm intended, right?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well this isn't going to end well.

"God drove a police vehicle into a TV Station"

Texting my friends now LOL

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Lived in Reisterstown for a spell. Frequented that area of Towson myself.
edit on 13-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join