It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Poll : more than 1 In 4 Adults Worldwide Harbor Anti Semitism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You can't be, Jews hold the monopoly on being the only 100% authentic Semite.

*Sarcasm*

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMasterOne

I agree! We do need to know why we are supporting one of the richest nations on earth. I think congress etc needs to answer to this.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

lol

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

This was reported by the mainstream media.

This isn't a great selling point IMO, MSM is known for pushing agendas for those that need them pushed.
Also for blowing things out of proportion.

+6 more 
link   
I am not exactly sure where all this hatred is spewing from.. But for the anti Israel club Please find me one modern government that has not robbed and pillaged?
Oh those Israelis are asking for more aid.
So are the Egyptians and Palestinians and Syrian rebels and Turkey I could go on....
As for the grammar nazis, Yes Semites are anyone descended from Noah's son Shem. If you believe in that sort of thing. Yet everyone else in the world seems to know what it means. Hatred of the Jew. Something apparently many ATSers are expert in.

link   

Quick story...
Several years ago I went down to Albuquerque to do some construction work on a rec center addition to a Temple.
Don't get me wrong, I had great time working there good people great food,

but it was they who started with the cracks about.

"This is Dave... Our new token Gentile!"

goes both ways on their part but they didn't mention that did they?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Source

Was it something i said?

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) –More than a billion people are estimated to hold deeply anti-Semitic attitudes,according to a global survey conducted by the Anti-Defamation League.

Slightly more than half of those polled –54 percent –said they have ever heard of the Holocaust. Two out of three people surveyed have either never heard of the Holocaust or do not believe historical accounts to be accurate, according to the ADL Global 100.

Worldwide is the key here.

I find it very telling that according to this poll, it is "anti-Semitic" to be ignorant of the holocaust which is even equated to denying it. What the hell?! There are a lot of people on this planet with very low education levels, which likely didn't dig very deeply into European history..

Also, many around the world have never met a Jew. Fair. But I am also guessing many have not met an Eskimo or a Tongan or in many cases an African.

Whatever.

The premise of this poll actually strikes me as being a bit racist. Ironic..

edit on 5/13/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'd be curious to see an ATS poll on this specific topic. . .

If this thread is any indication I think the 5th Reich is beginning here

link   
So the fact that a nomadic herder in Botswana or a farmer in India or sweat-shop worker in China has never heard of the Holocaust (why would they?) makes them anti-semitic?

Anti-semiticism means hating the Jews because they are Jews. I would guess maybe 0.001% of the world's population fall in that category. Maybe less. There will be a great many people in the world who have never even heard of Jews! How can you hate what you do not know?

On the other hand, many people may dislike Israel and Israeli policies. Myself included. I disapprove of my government's polices. Does that make me anti-British?

This survey is complete nonsense

link   
All I have to say on the matter

All 'Semites" *Jew-Arab-what have you* are all anti Bacon!!!

Leaves more for the rest of us

link   
I would hope that people aren't antisemitic or anti Jew in this day and age.

I would also hope that being against the Israeli government and their illegal and immoral actions against Palestinians doesn't qualify you as an antisemitic or anti Jew.

We know that the only way to stop a violent cycle is to stop doing violent offensive things. So easy to do.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't hate jews. I hate policies that are immoral. This does not equal to hatred of jews unless you have an agenda to push... seriously.

The next time you speak against some policy in the United States shall we accuse you of racism and hatred?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

OK I'm gonna wade in here

I was raised a Christian and rejected faith a long time ago. I have 2 Jewish kids living in Israel with their mum, my daughter starts her national service at the end of July.

What may I ask did my kids ever do to offend over 25% of the world population ?

I served in the IDF and hold no malice whatsoever to the Palestinian population even if it cost me my best friend and half a thumb.

The Hebrew greeting is "Shalom" it means peace.

So before all you Israel haters start with your 'facts and figures' make very sure to check your history

Cody

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I am not exactly sure where all this hatred is spewing from.. But for the anti Israel club Please find me one modern government that has not robbed and pillaged?
Oh those Israelis are asking for more aid.
So are the Egyptians and Palestinians and Syrian rebels and Turkey I could go on....
As for the grammar nazis, Yes Semites are anyone descended from Noah's son Shem. If you believe in that sort of thing. Yet everyone else in the world seems to know what it means. Hatred of the Jew. Something apparently many ATSers are expert in.

I don't hate Jew's anymore than I hate Christians OR Muslims!

I have met many in my life whom I actually liked because of how they treated me! Maybe it was because we didn't judge each other by our religion or the color of our skin?????

I think us adults have a lot to learn from watching our very young children assimilate and interact with children whom look different than they do?

Most of the time I don't see our young ones giving a damn!

All they see is someone whom treats them as they would want to be treated and they still have fun without the BS us so called "MATURE" adults could EVER comprehend!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Sweetie, I know my history very well. Also, I have serious doubts that 25% of the world hates your children. This is about an agenda... not about reality.

I have friends who are Jewish, I like them quite a bit. Nice people... but know this, a person can be against a policy without hating its people. There is no point trying to confuse the two.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

What may I ask did my kids ever do to offend over 25% of the world population ?

Nothing. Because it's a lie.

The question is why does someone want to make you think 25% of the world's population hates you (when most of them don't even know you exist!)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Id like to see the methodology and overall results.

I found the survey but cant find anything else: global100.adl.org...

For example, question 6 is interesting so is 17, 20 etc. Id like to know the overall results...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'd be curious to see an ATS poll on this specific topic. . .

If this thread is any indication I think the 5th Reich is beginning here

I think you are blowing this a bit out of proportion. No one is trying to go all-out "hitler" here.

The topic itself is quite controversial and ATS members due to tend to be pretty straight forward and honest when discussing controversial topics.

No one is hating on the jews, but many are expressing their dislike of Israel's politics/actions.

So I think 5th Reich is a bit dramatic.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Isn't it obvious that much of this is due in large part because of silly little conspiracy's

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
another stupid poll...
done by stupid people....
with a stupid political agenda..... a reply to: dashen

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join