It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone suggest a good free e-mail?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Are there any secure places, that offer free e-mail services that are not connected to google or yahoo?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gypsycat

Before I switched to the Googlesphere, I used Hotmail. It's free, it's Microsoft, and it works.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You might find something according to your parameters on this list..

www.howtogeek.com...

Peace

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Before I switched to the Googlesphere, I used Hotmail. It's free, it's Microsoft, and it works.

I like thousands of others ( found every year has hundreds online begging anyone to help them get back into their mail) have been locked out of my Hotmail account, because of supposed attack or something, I will never get my saved receipts or fills back after being with them for 10 years. You cannot talk to a person only a robot, they want proof of account ownership but giving them all my friends e-mails and naming all my folders did not seem to be enough for them!

They wanted the names and heading of the most recent sent e-mails, and I never used it to send e-mail, but I can't get anyone to hear me, after about 8 months of trying.

You can pay a couple $ a month for some mail services i think it may be worth it just so you have a right to talk to someone if you need to.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I use outlook dot com
That way I have email AS WELL AS online MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, OneNote, Calendar and cloud file management.
There are some features in the Office programs that has been disabled. Nothing to stop "normal use".

AND from all those different suppliers of such services Microsoft is the only one who has agreed to adhere to the law given rules regarding data and data security (which in Denmark are quite fierce).

I have yet to experience any problems with the service.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I feel your pain. I was locked out as well for more than a month. I did, however, manage to prove my ownership.

As a result from that I never keep any important documents in the cloud. My documents and files are best kept by me and on my external harddrive which I backup regularly onto a second external harddrive.

Never trust anyone else with your data. That's my motto.
Cloud is for temporary storage of files you would like to access from other computers.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.hushmail.com...
edit on 13-5-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gypsycat
Are there any secure places, that offer free e-mail services that are not connected to google or yahoo?

I would suggest Hushmail, it is secure and has no attachments to any other system, tracking or otherwise. Because it is so secure and the user hidden from tracking, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and many service providers don't like it much. On some systems it is automatically considered a non-email or invalid email address.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I do all of my morally questionable emailing from Mail.com.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: octahedron

Wow just looked at that site quickly, looks like there are a lot of options there.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thank you all for responding. I really do not send morally questionable e-mail, although I have gotten some. LOL I still do not like my privacy to be violated and do not want every e-mail I send or receive to be read or scanned by the NSA or whoever., just because they think they can. That is what I have Facebook for

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

i'm trying out gmx.com. not sure what I think yet.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Friends and family tease me because I STILL use an ancient aol account I've had for eons.

I'm glad you asked this question, I've been thinking about caving and moving on to bigger brighter emails. lol
But for the record, I've never had any issues with my apparently embarrassing aol account!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

you can buy one on Godaddy for about $12 per year its a small price but it is by far the best no adds and you will not loose your account for inactivity. I have used many free emails and had problems with all of them at one point in time.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mail.com is good and you can pick your own "@blank.com"

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
remember E-mail by default is just the equivalent of sending a post card, also remember where the email servers are physically located as that will be subject to local laws for access etc

Using hi grade encryption will just get the spooks interest and they have all sorts of ways of getting at your data from keyloggers (both types) to cameras watching you type in the password and i'm sure if they REALLY want it some guy in a country where torture is legal can do the necessary once you've been flown in

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Mail.com, its free and excellent. Better than yahoo & Google.

top topics

join