It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers reportedly believe they've found the wreck of Columbus' ship Santa Maria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Researchers believe that they have identified the wreck of Christopher Columbus' flagship, the Santa Maria, more than 520 years after it ran aground off the northern coast of Haiti, according to a published report.

"All the geographical, underwater topography and archaeological evidence strongly suggests that this wreck is Columbus’ famous flagship, the Santa Maria," researcher Barry Clifford told The Independent newspaper.

www.independent.co.uk... 330.html
edit on 13-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I'm fixing your link for you… hope you don't mind.

Santa Maria

Now I'm going to read it and see if they found the ships bell, a cannon or something inscribed (penultimate proof).

ETA: Aww, bummer. Seems…

When Clifford and his team returned to the site earlier this month, their intention was to definitively identify the cannon and other surface artifacts that had been photographed back in 2003. But tragically all the key visible diagnostic objects including the cannon had been looted by illicit raiders.

edit on 13-5-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Nina, The Pinta, The Santa Maria, I'll do ya in the bottom, while yer drinking San Grea. Nachos, Lemonheads, and my dad's boat. Ha ha Cool story though I have always wanted to be an explorer. Not much left to explore these days though besides the ocean and deep jungles.

new topics

top topics

join