It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow to ban US from using Russian rochet engines for military launches

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Reinmax

Do you live under a rock? Have you not heard of Crimea / Ukraine?

America has it's own rockets, we just can't put Astronauts in space.

Yes I have, what war?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax

Yes I have, what war?

Last I checked Russia sent troops into Ukrainian territory and invaded, stealing their land. That's not war?

That is what kicked off the sanctions. So if you want to quibble over terminology be my guest, it's still war, and the meat of my post is that Russian aggression started all this.
edit on 14-5-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The SpaceX started the case, I think Boeing had exceptions in sanctions:

The government’s contract with the Boeing-Lockheed venture, which uses Russian rocket engines, “funnels hundreds of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to Russia’s military industrial base, including monies that may flow to individuals on the U.S. sanctions list,” according to a complaint filed yesterday in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in Washington.

Competition for military satellite launches, which have an estimated value of $70 billion through 2030, could save taxpayers more than $1 billion a year, Musk has said. Reliance on Boeing-Lockheed’s United Launch Alliance “defers meaningful competition for years to come,” according the SpaceX complaint.

Musk’s SpaceX Challenges Lockheed-Boeing Rocket Monopoly

Competition for military satellite launches, which have an estimated value of $70 billion through 2030, could save taxpayers more than $1 billion a year, Musk has said. Reliance on Boeing-Lockheed’s United Launch Alliance “defers meaningful competition for years to come,” according the SpaceX complaint.

Musk, who is also chairman and chief executive officer of carmaker Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA), told U.S. lawmakers last month that the Boeing-Lockheed venture’s reliance on Atlas V rockets using engines from Russia poses supply risks following that country’s annexation of Crimea in Ukraine.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Yes I have, what war?

Last I checked Russia sent troops into Ukrainian territory and invaded, stealing their land. That's not war?

That is what kicked off the sanctions. So if you want to quibble over terminology be my guest, it's still war, and the meat of my post is that Russian aggression started all this.

Hardly, Russia had bases and troops legally all through Crimea already. They didn't even fire a shot.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Technically they did, just in the air.

But....if its Ukranian airspace, then one would say that that either way, shots were fired into ukraine.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If you believe that the US would cancel the Space Shuttle program without a replacement and depend on the Russians to get their assets into space then I have a bridge to sell you in Arizona.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Amerika and Russia are actors on a stage, a theatre act to tighten the reins on any traces of freedom still left for the people.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Who didn't see this coming?

Almost like all this was the plan in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
bingo

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, why is the US buying rocket engines from Russia in the first place
Can't we make our own engines and employ our own people? I understand that our government doesn't want us working on jobs that create what we need, I just can't figure out how come they don't cover up this very well. We need to get more intelligent people running our country, ones that understand how a Economy is supposed to work. We should create all sorts of jobs for our people so everyone can work. We don't need anymore workers in computer technology, we need people making toasters and blenders....and rocket engines.

That would mean the USA employs American professors to teach American students about aeronautics and space technology, which in turn requires schools teaching real science, employing real science graduates and paying real wages. It was so much easier just to buy the technology off whoever had already done the hard work.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yes I have, what war?

Hardly, Russia had bases and troops legally all through Crimea already. They didn't even fire a shot.

Are you insane? So the US has a military base in Germany .. we can send MORE troops .. conquer Germany, annex it .. and that is not a war/invasion? There is no way you actually think this.

No shots were fired because it would have given Russia the pretense it was looking for to Invade Eastern Ukraine and annex that too. Russia invaded them, an act of war, and the Ukraine made the decision to fight politically because their military was not stro9ng enough.

Sorry you so badly want to lie to yourself, but we both know not even you believe what you are saying.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll. That is only for the one type of rocket!!! Most of our DOD sats are launched on the Delta V and Heavy rocket platforms so this is nothing to worry about as Russia only supplies one engine for the Atlas v. We already have engines to replace them and they are not reusable so tossem in the ocean I say!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yes I have, what war?

Are you insane? So the US has a military base in Germany .. we can send MORE troops .. conquer Germany, annex it .. and that is not a war/invasion? There is no way you actually think this.

No shots were fired because it would have given Russia the pretense it was looking for to Invade Eastern Ukraine and annex that too. Russia invaded them, an act of war, and the Ukraine made the decision to fight politically because their military was not stro9ng enough.

Sorry you so badly want to lie to yourself, but we both know not even you believe what you are saying.

If that is what you believe then you should be thankful that Russia has not yet invoked Responsibility to Protect doctrine to smash the neo-Nazi scum that is attacking civilians with tanks, planes and artillery in East Ukraine. Russia did it before in Georgia in a very similar situation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join