It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow to ban US from using Russian rochet engines for military launches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I said at the time as did many others this was a HORRIBLE idea........and that making us more and more dependent on other countries that we have volatile relationships with was stupid move.....

Maybe a good idea in the long run? I myself would like a break from the constant wars and spying that the USA seems to thrive on.

Perhaps a bitch slap was in order?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Maybe we could use advanced catapults, or go with the Russian suggestion that we use trampolines?

Anyone else find it kinda embarrassing that we are dependent on foreign countries in one way or another to get into space?

Not just to get into space but you can add to the list millions of other items we are dependent on from other countries ranging from appliances, electronics, food, hardware and so on.

Walk into any Walmart or Hardware Store and see where a lot it comes from.
You can thank the Lobbyists and their puppets for it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm much more worried about how much stuff my country gets from China and their cozying up with Russia if we are heading into a Cold War scenario.

I'm just really peeved how we spent 50 years hating commies, and yet one of our largest trading partners less than 25 years after the fall of the Soviet Union is a communist nation that has a decent relationship with the vestiges of our former enemy number 1, a former enemy number 1 that is now run by a former KGB agent.

How is this not a major national security threat from the American perspective, especially given recent events?

There are people running the ship that put profits ahead of the country and its people.
It is ok to do business with tyrants, dictators and commies if there are profits to be made, just as long as they don't have to pay for it. Just don't bring it here where they will.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ooh, that should really be hard to circumvent!.

NOT

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
WELL DUH! HELLO? Way ta go BARRY!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think this is a good thing. We have no business going into space anyway. All technology is and even fir is the work of the devil.fire. The greatest sin ever committed was when man discovered fire and left the comfort and safety of dark caves.

Repent now and give up all technology!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I'm much more worried about how much stuff my country gets from China and their cozying up with Russia if we are heading into a Cold War scenario.

I'm just really peeved how we spent 50 years hating commies, and yet one of our largest trading partners less than 25 years after the fall of the Soviet Union is a communist nation that has a decent relationship with the vestiges of our former enemy number 1, a former enemy number 1 that is now run by a former KGB agent.

How is this not a major national security threat from the American perspective, especially given recent events?

Except China isn't communist. If they were communist, then why do Chinese workers work for a sustenance wage in factories owned by American-based transnational corporations? This is the antithesis of communism.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amkia

so you want to kiss russian ass instead then? is one ass any better to you? do people like you have the right to complain? i mean if you refuse to do anything with your own power and rely on another power then you create your own situation so any kissing ass is your own doing, your own fault. stop kissing ass in the first place if you really desire freedom for yourselves.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there...

Does anyone else think the name "Elon Musk" sounds like a really bad cheap cologne?

Every time I see a SpaceX video I take a big whiff and say..."Ahhhhhh....Musky...."

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
a reply to: Clairaudience

Giving up on the ISS partnership by the end of 2020 is the stupidest move I have seen coming from Russia.

The USA started this by telling NASA to cut comunication with Russia so its the USA that has shoot itself in the foot an don't forget that China is in this too and they will team up with Russia.

Anyway do we want more eyes in the sky watching us because a lot of the research is about just that.

Thank you for not providing any information or links to your accusations. I guess at this point it is pretty clear which side you are on. Next time, think of something more innovative when making up stuff.
edit on May2014201413-0500fCDT07America/Chicago19 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

The world is run by greedy children. Strap yourselves in for a rough ride boys and girls, this is just the beginning of this playground feud.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
It does surprise me that the US doesn't have any way to get into space and replies on a foreign country. My guess this is only a while as they prepare the next phase in space flight.
As the shuttle program ended a new program should have been ready to start within a few months.

It probably was, a good analysis would be that it was pointless investing vast sums of money in the conventional space exploration, when the top secret stuff came online. If the top secret military stuff is so advanced, you don't go public with it until the next generation is well into the pipeline. If it was used commercially, the potential enemy would have it so quickly their would be no military advantage. Apart from the usual mistakes , if the latest aircraft has cloaking technology, can go into space and return safely at night. Which at this stage of the game probably can, the only time an enemy will get wind of it is when their a#$@^ get blown off. After that the enemy is now our friend, this seems to be how modern human history is going.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Maybe we could use advanced catapults, or go with the Russian suggestion that we use trampolines?

Anyone else find it kinda embarrassing that we are dependent on foreign countries in one way or another to get into space?

One day maybe Americans will wake up to find themselves living in a country that has just achieved 3rd world status at every level?

It is embarrassing and we put ourselves there.I personally never thought this was a good idea.Now we see why.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

One day maybe Americans will wake up to find themselves living in a country that has just achieved 3rd world status at every level?

If the Atlas V can't use the Russian RD-180, there's no reason that US military launches can't shift to the Delta IV, which is all-American with the exception of one version of the fairing (I think the 4 meter fairing is made by Arianespace, but I can't find a source ATM). The Delta is more expensive than the Atlas, but it can do all the same missions.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

There are people running the ship that put profits ahead of the country and its people.
It is ok to do business with tyrants, dictators and commies if there are profits to be made, just as long as they don't have to pay for it. Just don't bring it here where they will.

So basically by buying all the stuff from China, at low cost. It acts to stabilize the present regime by keeping everybody busy .In twenty five years they have gone from rural to city dwellers, Modern cities modern transport. They played quick catch up and followed the western suburban economical model. Cities are where the money is made, forget commies their way of life is the same as that of America, they go out to restaurant's eat at their version of the arches. they should be applauded for what they have achieved in such a short time.
If I go online to buy something, say a piece of tool steel, from America it costs the same to ship as the price of the article. When I see the Chinese version its price is a fraction of the American, with free postage on small packages. That's heavy competition, which cant be matched in a truly capitalist sense. They aren't making crap anymore either.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Astronauts we are dependent until 2017. Satellites we are not, and we have contingency plans in place.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I said at the time as did many others this was a HORRIBLE idea........and that making us more and more dependent on other countries that we have volatile relationships with was stupid move.....

Maybe a good idea in the long run? I myself would like a break from the constant wars and spying that the USA seems to thrive on.

Perhaps a bitch slap was in order?

Regards, Iwinder

Except for the fact Russia is starting wars in this instance ... makingyour whole post invalid.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
What wars is / was Russia starting?

I think space cooperation is important and losing that is a loss to both nations... not that either couldn't do it by themselves, its just that if everyone did pool it would take man-kind further. I am 99% sure that America would have no problem doing a rocket engine themselves, it has just been convenient at this time to use Russian engines / Soyuz etc

Lets not forget that the America government forbids any Chinese participation in space which is why the Chinese have to go it alone.

Sanctions against either country only spurs localised manufacturing activity... there may be a delay but its all supply and demand.

America will make their own rockets if there is a ban, Russia will utilise Glossnas if there is a American GPS ban. etc etc

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Reinmax

Do you live under a rock? Have you not heard of Crimea / Ukraine?

America has it's own rockets, we just can't put Astronauts in space.
edit on 14-5-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join