It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow to ban US from using Russian rochet engines for military launches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Cool.

When our allies and us make the next stages of technological progress possible for the human race as has been our pattern of development for the last 60+ years, we will deny them and their allies anything to do with it.

We still have silicone valley, the best military R&D on the planet and the infrastructure to produce another game changer at any given time....if we havent already and are just sitting on it for defence purposes.

As far as everyone celebrating this.....looks like you would like to cut off your nose out of spite. Tell me again about how cooperative Russia is with your government and your country....

I say we go it alone without pouty Russia. They are only a decade and a half into their recovery. Its like winning the lottery. Yeah your first 10 years are great...until you run out of money. They still operate on a fractal banking system and are the world bank and the IMF´s bitch. Keep it up sparky, YOU could find yourself being a third world country..AGAIN.

edit on 5 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

because the current administration ended the NASA funding for us to have our own rockets, requiring us to partner with Russia to be able to launch to space.......

I said at the time as did many others this was a HORRIBLE idea........and that making us more and more dependent on other countries that we have volatile relationships with was stupid move.....

And yet no one batted an eye.......

The gov continues to do this, and has for years.........it is systematically delivering this nation into the hands of people who would seek our destruction......

Well, no that isn't why the US is buying Russian rocket engines. Rocket purchases began back in the early 1990's under president Bush (the first one) as part of the "Russian Spring". It was a part of the massive investment in the "new" kinder gentler Russia at the end of the cold war. It was seen as one way to kick start a new free market economy.

The purchases have been happening since that time.

I see this lock-out as a plus. space exploration has been stifled over the past three decades. If we are ever to expand into a space-faring civilization it cannot be the exclusive playground of government bureaucracies. Private space concerns need to be encouraged and nurtured to establish a solid technological base for future exploration and colonization.

This is great news! Keep it up Russia!
edit on 5/13/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2014 by Montana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Woops, that comment of mine did come of a tad to harsh, certainly wasn't meant.

Search the forum for Navy space command, it's a thread from a former member here who made a very awesome thread with lots of pictures and sheets and well cool stuff.

No no I didnt mean for it to seem like I was biting back, I was just curious, I thought perhaps you might have heard of some other stuff...

I would be interested to research more , I wonder if this Big Daddy agency has a name,

Its no secret im sure that they DO indeed have more tech then they let out, wouldnt you like to be able to walk around that site for a while!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I have to wonder if the US vs Russia is nothing more than a scheme for both countries to maintain their MICs for the money making opportunity for suppliers and political kick backs.

This is what I think but what I do know is that the USA cannot win a war with Russia because they are far from backwards and we are yet to see any form of real action between the two sides

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

With the blatant spitefulness of our gov towards other nations, it does make one wonder what our gov has that the rest of the world doest know doesnt it?

Its a bit scary...

Usually one doesnt waltz in willy nilly into super powers acting like they are bulletproof unless they know something everyone else doesnt.....

Granted, this administration is foolish and stupid, but the people that pull the strings arent.......the fact that they allow this makes me question what kind of weapon, be it machine or political, that they are hiding......

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

Thank you for more background there....

I do agree with you on the rest of the post, invention is the mother of necessity.......

This can only be good for our private sector

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah.

I am not one to fall in line with the mentality of super hollywood USA, BUT you dont bluff like that unless you have an ace up your sleeve...not unless you are trying to lose. Big bluffs are really for amateurs and I dont see our positioning as being a bluff. We could lose all our forces and assets overseas and STILL rock any first world nation in non nuclear retaliation.

Thats how I see it anyways. In a smart game you risk what you can lose. Not what you need to stay in the game. I dont think "obama" or any of his entourage really do more than provide a face to blame should anything fail. They could be brain dead and the shots would still be called correctly. Unlike other nations, our visible government is all but a distraction.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well yes work for the private sector and military contractors that are mostly owned by bankers with many of them being jewish bankers but one the USA will need to borrow the money from China and two I am not sure the USA can keep passing these bills on to the public to pay via taxes without riots.

Both sides will have weapons that will be out of this world and if the USA is so good at inovation then how come I own nothing apart from silver coins that were made in the USA ? The bigest export is military hardware and we in europe won't be told that we have got to keep buying it from the USA.

Russia is ahead of the USA when it comes to rockets and yet spends 1/50th of what it costs US tax payers for this so called defence of the USA but I see no missiles on its borders do you

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Giving up on the ISS partnership by the end of 2020 is the stupidest move I have seen coming from Russia. I am positive that the ISS will remain operational beyond the 2020 timeframe, so the Russians will miss out on the biggest and most versatile manned research station in space. But hey, Russia, if you want to build your own space station, have a go at it and fail miserably. I know you will fail, because building the ISS was an international endeavor and couldn't have been built by a single nation, and no matter if there is war or peace, the ISS and its operations were supposed to be beyond the reach of politics. Thanks for ruining that wonderful thought Russia.

edit on May2014201413-0500fCDT02America/Chicago14 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is a second industrial revolution coming, it's called renewable energy. Too bad the Corporatists, conservatives and big oil have convinced America that renewables are communist and evil. We deserve squat

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Giving up on the ISS partnership by the end of 2020 is the stupidest move I have seen coming from Russia.

The USA started this by telling NASA to cut comunication with Russia so its the USA that has shoot itself in the foot an don't forget that China is in this too and they will team up with Russia.

Anyway do we want more eyes in the sky watching us because a lot of the research is about just that.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I wasn't aware of that. Any links for the threads sake?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Well yes work for the private sector and military contractors that are mostly owned by bankers with many of them being jewish bankers but one the USA will need to borrow the money from China and two I am not sure the USA can keep passing these bills on to the public to pay via taxes without riots.

Both sides will have weapons that will be out of this world and if the USA is so good at inovation then how come I own nothing apart from silver coins that were made in the USA ? The bigest export is military hardware and we in europe won't be told that we have got to keep buying it from the USA.

Russia is ahead of the USA when it comes to rockets and yet spends 1/50th of what it costs US tax payers for this so called defence of the USA but I see no missiles on its borders do you

First off im not sure what the whole "jewish banker" rhetoric was thrown in there for, I dont subscribe to jew hate or any other diatribe for any other ethnicity or country.....

Id also comment that just because you dont see "rockets" on our borders doesnt mean that the USA isnt technologically advanced in this area......

Do you honestly think the people in the private sector who are coming up with all these rocket innovations ARENT being tapped by the Gov?

Do you really think with the largest black budget of any country in the world, that the US doesnt have some sort of rocket tech?

I wouldnt say that Russia is more advanced then the US in their Rocket programs, I WOULD say however, that the US is not using its technological know how in this area to further space missions......

To speculate that just because the gov isnt using what they know to further space exploration, as some sort of indicator that it is behind in technological terms to the rest of the world , IMHO is a little naive

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge
There is a second industrial revolution coming, it's called renewable energy. Too bad the Corporatists, conservatives and big oil have convinced America that renewables are communist and evil. We deserve squat

Ive yet to see a conservative try and convince America that renewable energy is communist and evil......

What I have seen are conservatives point out the obvious loop holes, flaws and bs spewing from the mouth of elitist who are trying to sell America a bag of goods thats not sustainable, and will cost us MORE......

IE new lightbulbs that can have serious health hazards if they break.......

IE the gov trying to tell you how and when you can run your thermostat.......

Im a conservative, and im all for renewable energy and sustainable energy.......

What im NOT for is pitchmen trying to sell the American people CRAP like its a QVC telathon.......

I do however agree with you on the second industrial revolution, its way over due and time the private sector took this country back
edit on 5/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow, it has escalated...

I did have a more in-depth reply about SpaceX's court case but things have moved on quickly.

Thanks to the OP
edit on 13-5-2014 by Reinmax because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, why is the US buying rocket engines from Russia in the first place
Can't we make our own engines and employ our own people?

they are cheap.

In the mean time private development if various space systemsis well underway - everything from rovers and rockets to orbital stations is being developed, many of them are operational already. Russian stupidity will just accelerate development of those, and send more business to Ariane.

And cost Russia even more foreign exchange that it is really going to miss - best divest your investments in Russia folks - its economy is about to tank!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Ive yet to see a conservative try and convince America that renewable energy is communist and evil......

I can fix that - Ohio state Legislator calls renewable energy "Stalinist Mandate"

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There will be 4 possible outcome from this:

The first and most unlikely, is that the USA gets out of the space business. That is not going to happen any time soon, but it is something that could happen.

2) The federal government for the budget next year, decides to give NASA more funding, giving more money and resources to start up its space program again, including hiring of people and giving more grants to students to get degrees in engineering and astronomy to ramp up the national space development.

3) Another country, decided to offer its services to the USA.

4) They decide to privatize NASA and pay someone else to do it, and make the trips and exploration up there, until it is shown to be profitable and then have to spend a large amount to get back into the race again.

If anything you can bet the administration is kicking themselves for letting those with the experience go now.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

As an American we could be back into a Cold War scenario and I don't stand anything to lose for it.

So with that said, why should I care what happens to Russia or Russians? We could give them a cold war middle finger and go about our business, and they go about theirs never trading again. Only Russia stands to lose from that arrangement. Now I am all for protecting the Ukraine, some of my favorite brands of ammo come from there.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh well, too bad for russia.

It really means nothing for us. SpaceX is one of many industries on the rise and I do believe that some of those companies will employ Americans.

This news bears nothing and will have little impact on the US.

Honestly, don't blame the US, blame our current administration, what a farce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join