It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Today Show does it again....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So I often watch The Today Show to witness how the MSM is trying to dumb down their viewers and to see for myself the idiotic reports they try to tell their zombie viewers.

So on this morning's segment with Al, Natalie, and Willie they brought up the CNN interview with Donald Sterling and how he appeared to be more of a racist in his apology and his view of Magic Johnson's lack of help to the African American community was non-existent (I'm para-phrasing). I'm not defending Sterling or his comments, but most of us can agree that he was recorded in private and that's how we all learned of his tirade. Yes?

Then the 3 muppets (mentioned above) move to the Jay-Z and Beyonce's sister episode in the elevator - which should be on the "I Don't Give A Crap" channel - and the 3 script readers bring up that Jay-Z, Beyonce and her sister's privacy were basically being infringed by this surveillance tape being released and that it's really no one else's business (para-phrasing again).

HELLO DUM, DUMMY, and DUMBER?!?!? ISN'T THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO STERLING??? DIDN'T SOMEONE RELEASE A "PRIVATE" MOMENT OF HIS LIFE??? Does anyone else see the contradiction/hypocrisy in their reporting??? My God...I hope their viewers aren't as dumb as they BELIEVE they are.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Do something nice for a stranger today it makes a world of difference. God Bless!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FreedomKnight

These people don't think, they just read from the teleprompter. Their inability to think critically and form their own opinions is a big reason they have the job they do.

I recommend just turning off your TV.. You'll be happier that way, I promise.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreedomKnight
So on this morning's segment with Al, Natalie, and Willie they brought up the CNN interview with Donald Sterling and how he appeared to be more of a racist in his apology and his view of Magic Johnson's lack of help to the African American community was non-existent (I'm para-phrasing). I'm not defending Sterling or his comments, but most of us can agree that he was recorded in private and that's how we all learned of his tirade. Yes?

The apology they're talking about was not recorded in private.

In both situations, the people are celebrities. How they act is fodder for the "entertainment" world. They need to start learning that ANYTHING they say, can and will be used against them.

Seems like Solange was inebriated or something...

For those upset because Sterling's comments were supposedly private, remember when Britney "flashed" the cameras? THat should have been private. There have been a MILLION private moments of celebrities that end up on the air waves. But only when Sterling's racism was revealed did people start crying about the privacy of celebrities... I think that's telling.
edit on 5/13/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So I often watch The Today Show to witness how the MSM is trying to dumb down their viewers and to see for myself the idiotic reports they try to tell their zombie viewers.

Ummm, you wouldn't make the time if you weren't also zombified by their crap. Be careful of dancing around their flame too much.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
LOL, sometimes I catch it in the mornings too. When I do, I usually take the time to tell my hubby the truth about what they AREN'T saying in their stories, most of which have been discussed on here, days before.
He doesn't have the luxury of getting on the internet, at work, like I do.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why do the MSM go after people who cheat on their spouse, but for some reason, it seems ok that Sterling had a mistress'? That right there is the way they work. I think Sterling is a scumbag of the highest order. He showed how scummy he is when he said that Magic, and other successful African-Americans didn't take care of their own, whereas jews are willing to "lend you money to help you". LOLOMG! You can't get any more stupid than this guy. I still find it odd that the MSM is even reporting on him, or showing him in a bad light, considering the history of what they do and don't report on. It will make your head spin if you try and understand their lunacy.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

To me, all of it belongs on the "I Don't Give a Crap" network.

What did Sterling say? What was Johnson's response? Did you see what happened to Jay-Z? Here is our hour's worth of analysis and commentary.

None of this is news, it's gossip, innuendo, and speculation about unimportant nonsense.

In my head, I can picture Walter Cronkite with these stories. He would say, "In tonight's news ...", look at the first story, look up at the camera, shake his head and put the paper aside. He would look at the next story, glance over at the producer, and put that story aside. He would look at the next story, shake his head, and say, "It appears there is no significant news to report tonight. And that's the way it is ..."

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

To be truthful...I have a thing for Natalie Morales but don't tell my wife
I usually have it on mute while reading ATS

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreedomKnight
a reply to: intrptr

To be truthful…I have a thing for Natalie Morales but don't tell my wife
I usually have it on mute while reading ATS

Psst, what if she already knows? Now you're dancing on two edges.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Not very surprised unfortunately.

Reason #198723198723 I had my Cable TV disconnected 3 years ago.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
VVD you hit a home run with your reply. Walter is spinning in his grave, (no pun intended.) a reply to: VictorVonDoom

join