It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Long Hair…….

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carabao

His frustration in this move makes me laugh so much, i know i shouldnt, but for some reason i cant help myself

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
Just read this article from a link on my FB page and it concerns hair……long hair, on men (and i guess women).

I'm not sure how factually correct it is however the story derives its information from studies during the Vietnam war regarding the use of trackers and native American Indians…..

Think of the story of Samson and Delila and you'll get the idea……… Is Hair really an extenstion of the human neverous system and part of our fight or flight instinct…

Maybe short military haircuts give us a disadvantage……?

The Truth About Long Hair
This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Vietnam War. Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue.
Back in the Vietnam war, however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view….

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.
Sally said, “I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor’s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government.
He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life.
From that moment on my conservative, middle-of-the-road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical Center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

Read more at www.realfarmacy.com...
edit on Tue May 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

I'm going to say BS to this, not to you OP, thanks for bringing this up. I just think the findings are BS.

Don't take my word for it, just simply google nearly any strength record holders or strong man winners, you'll see something in common. Short hair. I think this has more to do with short hair not getting in the way of your eyes when you are moving explosively vice long hair which does. I'm not saying people with long hair can't do these things, but there seems to be a trend here. Samson was a special case, and I think that's why he is mentioned.
If you've ever been in a fight you know the advantage of having short hair. It doesn't fall in your face when you move fast and lets you see the next hit coming and it's not there for your opponent to grab, which is going to be the case if you pull it back and bind it.
Read the story of Samson,.. I wonder if it has as much to do about the length of his hair, and more about not falling for a woman that is testing you. Samson lied many times about the truth of his strength to Delilah, and was always ok, until it wasn't…He was a special case, and maybe even granted strength based on his hair length to show how easily power can be removed from a man by a woman. Just a thought.

Oh, I forgot one important factor, vanity. Simple truth is we KNOW we can do more if we feel good about ourselves. If Someone feels better about themselves they are more confident. In any competition I think this matters, If you feel like you should win, you'll push harder. If you are Balding and shave your head… yeah the excuse plays in, at least IMHO.
edit on 16-5-2014 by CalebRight14 because: Vanity

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Long hair looks good on most alpha males.

I'll quote this for perhaps another reason… Think of Lions, Silverbacks, Buffalo(Bison) and quite a few other Mammals which use their hair as a huge importance factor in rank structure (other than mating… which is probably the biggest factor). Seem to use hair as an initial indicator of strength. This is Just my opinion, I don't know that it's true.

With Lions there is a clear thought to a Lion with a larger mane as being bigger and stronger. This is usually correlated to a older, larger Lion. Lion manes are all the same color until they age, which as they age get darker, to a dark brown almost blackish color we all know as a mature male lion. This mane is often cited as a reason a Lion would win in a fight verses a Tiger… The reasoning behind this is that most large cats kill by suffocation or unknown neck bite death(some say blood cut off, some think airway cutoff… I don't see as this this matters, I don't have all the information to say, I think what we have to consider here is the OP.

Hair, Can it help around the head area? Yes. I don't think it makes us stroger

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: XGodofWar
I love how the thread became about attractiveness and not ability. The missing ingredient to making Samson superhuman was power. Call it being gods chosen, call it kundalini, native american called it medicine etc. He was brought up knowing what he was and we have all been tricked into being something we are not and being happy about it.

Bitch plz. I was YOUNG GANDALF...

edit on 16-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
There are many reasons for short hair in the military but close combat isn't one of them (as we have 'progressed' we seldom fight hand to hand). the main reason as I was told on day 1 was to look neat, organized and part of a team; they don't want individualism, they want a cohesive, uniform unit. Also, having long hair under a Kevlar helmet in 120 deg F is not 'cool' no pun intended!
Women are allowed to have longer hair but it has to be fixed in a bun.
Some special forces in the Mideast allows longer hair and beards so when they are on covert operations (not in uniform) they won't stand out as a soldier.
In the USA short hair and trimmed beards were the norm in the military up through the 1850's but when Civil war broke out it was fashionable for men to have full beards (long hair in the Union Army was still frowned upon) the younger men towards the end of the war started to go with the trimmed beards and the military after the war stipulated certain hairstyles and facial hair for professionalism. It has been like that since.
Of course, the CSA was lucky to have shoes so they didn't care if their soldiers had shoulder length hair and full beards.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CalebRight14

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
Just read this article from a link on my FB page and it concerns hair……long hair, on men (and i guess women).

I'm not sure how factually correct it is however the story derives its information from studies during the Vietnam war regarding the use of trackers and native American Indians…..

Think of the story of Samson and Delila and you'll get the idea……… Is Hair really an extenstion of the human neverous system and part of our fight or flight instinct…

Maybe short military haircuts give us a disadvantage……?

The Truth About Long Hair
This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Vietnam War. Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue.
Back in the Vietnam war, however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view….

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Vietnam.
Sally said, “I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor’s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government.
He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life.
From that moment on my conservative, middle-of-the-road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical Center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example.

Read more at www.realfarmacy.com...
edit on Tue May 13 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

I'm going to say BS to this, not to you OP, thanks for bringing this up. I just think the findings are BS.

Don't take my word for it, just simply google nearly any strength record holders or strong man winners, you'll see something in common. Short hair. I think this has more to do with short hair not getting in the way of your eyes when you are moving explosively vice long hair which does. I'm not saying people with long hair can't do these things, but there seems to be a trend here. Samson was a special case, and I think that's why he is mentioned.
If you've ever been in a fight you know the advantage of having short hair. It doesn't fall in your face when you move fast and lets you see the next hit coming and it's not there for your opponent to grab, which is going to be the case if you pull it back and bind it.
Read the story of Samson,.. I wonder if it has as much to do about the length of his hair, and more about not falling for a woman that is testing you. Samson lied many times about the truth of his strength to Delilah, and was always ok, until it wasn't…He was a special case, and maybe even granted strength based on his hair length to show how easily power can be removed from a man by a woman. Just a thought.

Oh, I forgot one important factor, vanity. Simple truth is we KNOW we can do more if we feel good about ourselves. If Someone feels better about themselves they are more confident. In any competition I think this matters, If you feel like you should win, you'll push harder. If you are Balding and shave your head… yeah the excuse plays in, at least IMHO.

I think you are missing the point…..Long Hair does NOT indicate Strength according to the article BUT Long Hair possibly suggests that the individual is more 'in tune' with his/her surroundings.

If that avatar picture is one of yourself then I would have thought you cpuld speak from experience..

PDUK

:-)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

I had my hair at my shoulders as of 2 days ago

As much as I agreed it was in fact a pain, I miss it horribly.

Unfortunately I need to get my "all american" look back for reasons outside of my control
Wish the long hair didn't carry such a negative stigma for males

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sorry if anyone has mentioned this before, but I am surprised that no one has entertained the idea that these trackers were furious about having their hair cut and so they staged an inability to work if they were buzzcutted. These tests sound rather too simple to include individual motivations. These guys were indians/natives who weren't happy with following orders from their conquerors.

edit on 16-5-2014 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I absolutely HATE it when my husband grows the hair on his head out. I don't know what it is, but shaved is just better for me. However, I also HATE when he shaves his face clean. I don't know what that means but, all I can say is...I think with woman, we like what we like. We're complicated creatures.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82

I think with woman, we like what we like.

Until you change your mind about what it is you like

Complicated might be sugar coating it

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just hate going to a haircutter. They always want to make small talk. Once, twice a year, is about all I can put up with.

Oh, yeah. One other thing. Once I got my hair cut short (for me). When I came in the door my daughter (about 5 at the time) ran away crying. That was the end of short hair for me.

edit on 5/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I just hate going to a haircutter. They always want to make small talk. Once, twice a year, is about all I can put up with.

Oh, yeah. One other thing. Once I got my hair cut short (for me). When I came in the door my daughter (about 5 at the time) ran away crying. That was the end of short hair for me.

lol, bet they asked you about climate change or the space station ufo's.

your reputation precedes you.

lol!!

it sucks to be you, i bet.

i save 50 bucks having the wife do it.

edit on 31125951131pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The magic recipy for avoiding small talk is one word answers.

after a few small chat questions answered with one word and they give up.

works like a charm

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I didn't read all the pages but I don't think anyone brought up the Vril society. Most people don't believe it actually existed but it was supposed to be a group of women in Germany in WWII who were psychic. The women had very long hair. Also, Tesla had a fear of women's hair.

Anyway, long hair is a sign of health. If you are sick one of the first things your body does is stop growing hair.
What I never understood is why the human race lost most of their body hair but not the hair on the head?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2
Yes you are right . Allegedly the vrillerinen claimed that the received psychic powers and messages because their long hair acted as antenna. Maria orisistch the founder of the vril society disappeared before the end of the war. But she does appear in my obe's even now

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My preference is natural, long hair on both men and women, but not body hair, and not facial hair. It has static and electrical energy discharge, creates a field around our heads, at least mine can, and gets magnetized, sort of sticks. So, that energy, the magnetics, wonder what that might have to do with psi. But they always want to put veils over women in areas of the world where they're threatened by wisdom/peace/love and progressive ideas. I think hair and psi does have a connection.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Having done a little more looking at this Long Hair and energies subject..... I came up with this from 2009.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article suggests that a young Indian inventor claims that by using human hair in the place of silicon connections that he can manufacture cost effective solar cells.

The idea being that the melanin in hair is light sensitive and acts as a conductor...

Maybe this supports the idea that Hair puts us at one with our environment

PDUK

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
a reply to: Daughter2
Yes you are right . Allegedly the vrillerinen claimed that the received psychic powers and messages because their long hair acted as antenna. Maria orisistch the founder of the vril society disappeared before the end of the war. But she does appear in my obe's even now

I have just read about the Vril women and I wonder how much is fact or fiction...?

www.google.ie...=vril

From looking at posts it would appear that it is the creation of a Sci Fi writer from the 1900's

If true then the Nazi's had friends in high places - let's be thankful that they 'blew it'

PDUK

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK
The vril society did and does exist, but I doubt there was any Nazi ideology in that country when this society was founded

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join