It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kaaba/Mecca connection to the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Camel urine?
Wow.

No, thank you. (I'm fine; got a nice inexpensive pilsner beer here at my side.) But, I suppose we should let him answer for himself, eh?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Looks like this was yet another drive-by thread.
All the alleged 'Kaaba - bible connections' have been debunked.

/THREAD KILLED

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Or DOA. Hmm...I did notice there was no request to discuss, nor questions asked
Perhaps it was just to disseminate information?

*shrug

Anyway, I wish someone would tell me why the cabbies face north when they're praying.
And I'd like to learn more about stones that change color on contacting air/light.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Or DOA. Hmm...I did notice there was no request to discuss, nor questions asked
Perhaps it was just to disseminate information?

*shrug

Anyway, I wish someone would tell me why the cabbies face north when they're praying.
And I'd like to learn more about stones that change color on contacting air/light.

I used to have a really great and open about his beliefs muslim guy work for me. I asked him about the facing Mecca thing - like how did he know all the time in different places. His answer; as long as you are facing Mecca in your heart it's okay. So I guess they face north cos they don't know exactly which way Mecca us perhaps. I've been to indonesia where in hotel rooms, instead of a bible in the dresser drawer you find a arrow to show you where mecca is. True story!

As for rocks that change colour with light, here is a place for you to start. Btw, air is not usually something that affects a gemstone. Air causes oxidation, which affects metals.

Gemstone stability
edit on 14-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

When I was a kid I had a little rock collection. I found a piece of sulfur when we were out west .. yellowstone I think. It was very yellow and it smelled really bad. I brought it home and put it in the attic and forgot about it with the other rocks I had. A few years back I found the rock collection. It had been on a shelf in the attic - open air and open to sunlight (windows are in the attic). The rock was MUCH lighter in color and it didn't smell anymore.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: markosity1973

When I was a kid I had a little rock collection. I found a piece of sulfur when we were out west .. yellowstone I think. It was very yellow and it smelled really bad. I brought it home and put it in the attic and forgot about it with the other rocks I had. A few years back I found the rock collection. It had been on a shelf in the attic - open air and open to sunlight (windows are in the attic). The rock was MUCH lighter in color and it didn't smell anymore.

Ahh yes, sulphur (yeah we spell it with a ph in british territories lol) is a favourite with amateur gem hounds. The stuff you find near geysers (the stinky type) is not a rock per se. It's a mineral deposit. Sulphur is reasonably reactive with air (that stinky smell is sulphur dioxide) so the mineral deposit oxidises and changes colour until it reaches a stable state.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

because the Jews and Christians in Jerusalem rejected his new religion

...as if Mohammad needed the approval of Jews and Christians.
Mohammad won. And the Jews and Christians were booted out of Arabia.

The old well Zam Zam was there for the caravans. There's your water ...

The verse speaks of rain, and I've already posted the video showing that it actually rains heavily in the area where the Kaaba is located.

St. Clement of Alexandria (190AD) said that.....
Also Maximus Tyrius said that .....

2 early examples of Christian ignorance.

The rest of your post is Robert Morey / Chick tract nonsense. Not worth addressing.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
@the2ofusr1.... I'm not about to waste 50 minutes watching a youtube vid. If you want to address the points in the OP, take a shot at it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

3. Pilgrimages and rainfall
Mecca is called "Bakka" in the Koran. "Baka" is also mentioned in the book of Psalms, as a place of pilgrimage.

Many years ago, I didn't think the passage mentioning rain and pools fit Mecca because I had imagined that region to be an extremely dry desert region, receiving very little rainfall. However, it turns out that once in a while the region receives enough rain to flood the entire structure! Mecca IS Baka!

That theory proves nothing as my Lake eyre example shows. You are just describing a typical place in a desert climate. There are many places around the world where that happens
Your Lake Eyre example is nonsensical because Australia was never a place of pilgrimage for the ancient monotheists of the Bible.

It isn't just a "typical place in a desert climate".

The Bible names it "Baka"....which is also mentioned in the Koran....as a place of pilgrimage, south of Jerusalem.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

3. Pilgrimages and rainfall
Mecca is called "Bakka" in the Koran. "Baka" is also mentioned in the book of Psalms, as a place of pilgrimage.

Many years ago, I didn't think the passage mentioning rain and pools fit Mecca because I had imagined that region to be an extremely dry desert region, receiving very little rainfall. However, it turns out that once in a while the region receives enough rain to flood the entire structure! Mecca IS Baka!

That theory proves nothing as my Lake eyre example shows. You are just describing a typical place in a desert climate. There are many places around the world where that happens
Your Lake Eyre example is nonsensical because Australia was never a place of pilgrimage for the ancient monotheists of the Bible.

It isn't just a "typical place in a desert climate".

The Bible names it "Baka"....which is also mentioned in the Koran....as a place of pilgrimage, south of Jerusalem.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: WarminIndy

Now the Zoroastrian link IS interesting. Have you any links etc that you can provide us? I would love to learn more about that. It's interesting that you say the 360 idols were destroyed, because he still chose to keep the black rock which was probably one of those idols if this is true.

Zoroastrian Fire Temple

Because the one in Mecca is designed exactly the same, it can't be anything else.

Ka'aba (from an Islamic Site)

The Kaaba and the Zoroastrian fire temple look NOTHING like each other. One is a cube, the other is a cuboid. You do know the difference between a cube and a cuboid, don't you?

Mohammed died in 632 AD, so the Zoroastrian Fire Temple with the idols stood until 2 years before his death. That means he was bowing down that whole time to the idols.

haha.

And then they try to tell us that Mohammed didn't worship Hubal, but there it is, the last idol taken down was "Hubbol". Did they destroy Hubal?

Mohammad fought against worshipers of Hubal. And also made it clear exactly who He worshiped.

When Abu Sufyan wanted to leave he went to the top of the mountain and shouted loudly saying, 'You have done a fine work; victory in war goes by turns. Today in exchange for the day (of Badr). Show your superiority, Hubal,' i.e. vindicate your religion. The apostle told ‘Umar to get up and answer him and say, God [Allah] is most high and most glorious. We are not equal. Our dead are in paradise; your dead are in hell.

Your ideas regarding Mohammad and Hubal are right up there with the crackpot "Jesus is actually Mithras" theory. Such theories only deserve to be laughed at incessantly.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
All this reminds me of a earlier religion in Egypt and the ben ben stone

en.wikipedia.org...

landofpyramids.org...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sacred places exist because man made them so by choosing to go there to pray. So each religion has its sacred sites, why are you so worried about which is more sacred than which?

Something I thought I would bring up is a book I read once from the library that claimed the first Temple was built in Saudi and the ruins of it have never been researched? They are on the Eastern side of the country and have two Wadi's above them named after the two religious trees. I wondered if you have heard of these ruins and had any newer information on them. From what I remember of the author, he was a Lebanese scholar and the book was very convincing in its research but left a huge open gap which would be interesting to know about.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

So each religion has its sacred sites, why are you so worried about which is more sacred than which?

I think you completely missed the point of the OP.

I'll get back to you once you care enough to address the issues raised in the OP.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This vid should show you why Russia is not the beast
This latest vid on the Gog Maygog timing is very compelling
a reply to: ketsuko

edit on 25-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
This vid should show you why Russia is not the beast a reply to: ketsuko

Huh? So who said anything about Gog / Magog? You are simply spamming my threads with videos. Please stay on topic.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The rest of your post is Robert Morey / Chick tract nonsense.

Pathetic. Dude .. your continued deflections and rants about this 'Robert Morey' fella are absurd. No one but you has heard of him. The information posted is valid. There is no Kabba connection to the bible. None.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Mohammad fought against worshipers of Hubal.

Then why is Hubals crescent on top of Muslim mosques and on their flag? And why do Muslims do the pagan 'run between the hills'?? And why do they worship the meteorite like the pagans did? Don't deflect. Answer the questions for a change.

And also made it clear exactly who He worshiped.

Oh .. I agree with you on that.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. - Psalms 84

Very nice. But please pay attention that the translation which you mentioned is not right ! It is mistranslated !!
If you pay attention to the Hebrew words you see vividly that It is speaking of one human not a group, One spring, One rain, it is not plural.
"Blessed is the human (Mankind) whose power is from you ........... as He passes the Valley of Baka.......... they make their A spring and rain of Blessings covers it"

This is my own sort of translation ! I do not say it is perfectly right But Please pay attention I see no "pools" there. There is no word with meaning "pools" ! This is what has made you think that it means necessary a lot of rain.
The word that they have translated as "pools" means "Blessings" you can check it even with google translator ! It is "Barakatu".
This how mistranslated Divine books make us think wrongly. As it is mentioned Exactly the name Hussain even in nowadays Gospels which is approved by Vatican. But it is mistranslated and no one pays attention to the Aramaic words.

edit on 25-5-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join