It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False prophets and Frank Turner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As an example of someone being accused to lead righteous people astray from the path of faith, I'd like to talk to you about: Frank Turner.
In case you don't know who he is yet, I'd recommend you watch this:

It's a cover but he's just so adorable...
Anyhoo: We have this gifted, genius performer, songwriter, musician and generally charming human being on one side; who's biggest mistake seems to be promoting independence of thought and free will; against those on the other side, demanding to blindly believe in every word they say.
A culture where "priests" abuse the desperation and vulnerability of those looking for the answer to life, the universe and everything, for no better reason than to fill their own pockets. I can totally see why they feel threatened by someone like Frank Turner, he makes people feel and think, the exact opposite of what those soul collectors want.
He's a well educated, smart dude and has to constantly justify himself for that, to people on a very narrow one-way-track of thought. They waste time trying to find proof for something per definition unprovable, while flinging their poop at an artist who never pretended to be anything else than who he is.
So who are the real false prophets? The scum we should get rid off, immediately, if we ever want to achieve a society built on the common sense of each individual?
It's your perverted culture of "show-priests", racists and everybody thinking he is entitled to whatever-thing, or superior to someone else.
That's why Frank Turner is the best and you religious fanatics should look a little closer whom you chose to blindly and gladly follow to hell.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ninipe

Fixed it for ya OP. Copy the link AFTER the = sign

Cheers

ETA: That video was amazing, very talented indeed. Thanks for sharing.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ninipe

That's why Frank Turner is the best and you religious fanatics should look a little closer whom you chose to blindly and gladly follow to hell.

I agree 100% that a person really SHOULD look a little closer at whom they blindly follow...

So who are the real false prophets you ask?

After looking a little closer at some of Frank Turner's lyrics, I would say he fits the description perfectly:

There is no God so clap your hands together
And there is no God, no heaven and no hell
There is no God, we're all in this together
There is no God so ring that victory bell

I think he sums it up pretty well here:

"I was conducting it on a chair and I thought, 'If I'm wrong about this I’m really #ed'. There is no coming back from that kind of offence." Frank Turner

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ninipe

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wait,,, theres a Hell? Without religious dogma there is no Hell.

So, make up your mind.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You are going to denounce a man based on his religious beliefs and not his actions? You must be fun at parties.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No need to denounce him...

He has already denounced himself. ^^^

When religious beliefs become lies, "Houston we have a problem..."

"The truth tastes funny to those accustomed to a steady diet of lies." ~ Dave vonKleist

I find the truth MUCH more palatable.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Disregarding that I agree with the man, how is any of that denouncing himself? Does that make him less of a person? Is he not worth following now because he thinks that what you believe is all a lie? Does all of this overshadow is actual deeds and accomplishments as well as him sharing his gift of music with the world at large?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

There is no God so clap your hands together
And there is no God, no heaven and no hell
There is no God, we're all in this together
There is no God so ring that victory bell

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

If promoting peace and harmony makes one a false prophet, then sign me up...
edit on 5/13/2014 by CretumOrbis because: bbcode

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
@spiro: thanks for the fixing. He's just amazing, right?

@murgatroid: He sums up pretty well how he is a person with a conscious and not convinced everything he says is pure gold. Unlike you apparently, so yeah I do prefer people like him.

@intrptr: I believe in God- he doesn't. Two different opinions on that subject. So what for am I supposed to "make up my mind"?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
People who talk the loudest, have the most to conceal

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This Turner seems to be just as phony as all the others. No prophet, just degenerated carneval folk.
As usual, people want to collect "friends/likes" that's not much different than the soul-collectors of the old days.
So in a way he's just another pied piper, but maybe with less content than the more spirituell ones...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
This Turner seems to be just as phony as all the others. No prophet, just degenerated carneval folk.
As usual, people want to collect "friends/likes" that's not much different than the soul-collectors of the old days.
So in a way he's just another pied piper, but maybe with less content than the more spirituell ones...

I see that you have changed your mind?

top topics

join