It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Couple Fined $746 For Crime Of Feeding Homeless People

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've spent some time in Daytona Beach and have even talked to some of the homeless there. In their eyes the current police chief of Daytona treats like homeless like sub-humans and has directed his police to enforce any law against the homeless.

While most the beaches are still nice in the Daytona Beach area, the rest of the city is not so pleasant.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is no different than saying "don't feed the bears, you could make them sick!". Like animals. That's strange, last I heard homeless people are perfectly capable of choosing what food to accept and from whom without the intervention of the police state. Ahhh this pisses me off. There was another thread about this a couple years ago, too bad nothing has changed since.

Just more proof we live in a backwards society where up is down and down is up.

edit on 13-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I don't like that the cops did this but do you also see the other side of the argument and why it had to be done?

OP, Have you ever owned a home by a park? Even if it had nothing but green grass and a few trees no play ground just a nice view.

Children and teenagers will still go this said park and you do not want local bums who could be former rapist or murders being in the same area.

So question for you OP.

Is if you owned a home down the street from this park. You lived in this Nieghbor hood for 15 years prior to homeless people migrating to it 1 day a week for a meal would you want them there one day a week potentially endangering the local under age populace?

So I take it that you would not have approved of Jesus passing out food in public to homeless bums, layabouts and so on if he did it in an open space near your house?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I think you should re-think your view. What it would be like to be homeless. Maybe compassion can find a way into you then.??.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Didn't anyone read the signs. Don't feed the animals.

Well thats what the police think of them anyway.... Disgusting

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've docked my boat at that park, very nice park. I believe Sunday was when the church fed the homeless there.

I hope this couple will fight this and not just bow down and pay the fine.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
and America claims to be a Christian nation?

It's the Christians that don't want to feed the homeless. Those who don't work don't eat they say when they quote the Bible.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

This makes me wonder. Did this entire mess have anything to do with the fact that they were a religious group offering help?

Who in their right mind would have called this in. Cops dont just show up and do this sort of thing unless there is a call or series of calls. They HATE paperwork and this is about a weeks worth with follow up court dates should anyone of them take issue with this harassment. Who ever made a police chief get his cops to do this must have had a good handle on the law to convince / threaten him if nothing was done about this "crime".

They should just continue doing this in ski masks. If the law goes against natural law it is not law, but rules which we MUST disobey.

Illegal laws arent just wrong, they are dangerous. This undermines the authority of the law itself. These RULES must be broken and defied. Anyone trying to enforce them will lose validity and that WILL hurt them in the long run.

How many cop killers, criminals, and illegal activities are stopped by average citizens helping out law enforcement. Too many to just say they dont need us.

I hope that scum bag caller who I assume called this in is ready to help you out. If this were my community I would keep you out of the loop to whatever information I was privy to that could help law enforcement out.

IMO, this was a hateful action against religion. Spite and malice stink to high heaven on this one.

EDIT TO ADD:
Christians, Jews, Muslims, and all other religious believers: We are at war with those who have declared war on us. Fight back.

Not for God, or our faiths....fight back in the spirit of human nature for yourselves and those you love. Fight back for the principle of defying manipulators, liars and scum.

Fight dirty, fight hard....fight as you can...but fight back. They are not our friends by their declaration of us being their enemy.

edit on 5 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I teach my kids to share and be kind and that's something that only ever benefits us as a society so I really think the police once again acted like gestapo here. As for one poster comment about homeless people being murderers or rapists I have to say I'd be more fearful or politicians or CEO's fitting that description as well as the police.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

I agree with your reasoning.

Knowing a couple of LEOs I can tell you that this was called in until the phone almost went off the hook.

They would never just show up like that. Also, thats a chief or captain there. His presence is telling. No one else wanted to do this or he didnt want to ask anyone else to do this.

A police sergeant, captain or chief doesnt go into the heat to write out tickets. He was forced to do this by someone using their knowledge of the law against a Christian group.

This is agenda motivated I assure you.

edit on 5 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Lovely warm people who thought this up it sounds like a business owner nearby has issue's who else would be so cruel to homeless people .

I DO not remember reading in the bible DO NOT FEED THE POOR ANYWHERE

time for some mayhem in that area mee thinks

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There is always more to the story with something like this. I understand that times are hard, but the police did warn them the week before that if they continued what they were doing they would be cited and according to this source local residents complained that some homeless people gathering in the park were defecating and urinating on the grounds, and that some were showing up drunk at dawn at the park which the city had recently spent millions on to renovate to make family friendly. The couple says they were not warned, but I don't think that is true because it looks to me like they video taped the 100 plus feeding with prior knowledge that they would be shut down. IMO I think this all could have been mitigated if they had coordinated their efforts with the local outreach programs. T

www.firstcoastnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I find this appalling. I know that most people see panhandlers on the side of the road and just drive by them without a second glance. I've done it. But to have an organization to help the needy and have it not only shut down but fined--? I just don't understand. I'm sure that there was some bull# about not obtaining the proper permits to do such things in the park, yada yada...but it still seems a little inhumane. If there were actual "rules" that were being broken I would think that they would simply warn the people instead of actually fining them.

What kind of society do we live in if we're fining humane behavior?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thiaoouba Prophecy

I don't like that the cops did this but do you also see the other side of the argument and why it had to be done?

OP, Have you ever owned a home by a park? Even if it had nothing but green grass and a few trees no play ground just a nice view.

Children and teenagers will still go this said park and you do not want local bums who could be former rapist or murders being in the same area.

So question for you OP.

Is if you owned a home down the street from this park. You lived in this Nieghbor hood for 15 years prior to homeless people migrating to it 1 day a week for a meal would you want them there one day a week potentially endangering the local under age populace?

You are the problem. You and people who think like you are the reason why this Country has a whole slew of laws that have no real victim.

THINK about what you just posted.

Is every homeless person a potential child molesters, rapist or murder now? Of course not... but they COULD be. Guess what? They could also be down on their luck. They could also be mentally ill. They could also be highly decorated Vets. They could also be former engineers, architects, police, EMS, hospital workers or any other number of things.

Know what else? Police Officers could be potential rapist or murders as well. Should we make a new law just in case there is one out there?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ForgottenPocketWatch

If there were actual "rules" that were being broken I would think that they would simply warn the people instead of actually fining them.

They were warned the week before that they would be fined so they had prior knowledge of what would happen which is why I believe they videoed it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Even animals deserve food and shelter from the elements.Many people are simply one paycheck away from homelessness themselves.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy
Pretty disgusting way of thinking, i dont have too much more to add as its been said.
Second line.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

They were warned the week before that they would be fined so they had prior knowledge of what would happen which is why I believe they videoed it.

Good for them. This is a good way to fight city hall and frankly, this fight is badly needed. How else do you expect people to fight back against this sort of uncaring BS.

America is a free country and you cannot and should not be able to Legislate against human dignity and caring for your fellow man. If them rules need a breakin, then a breakin we can do. That is how you get these stupid 'laws' changed.

P

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

They are going to go to court to fight the citations and I hope the judge dismisses them. I can see that happening if they agree to coordinate with local outreach from now on with future feedings.

You see I can look at the issue from both perspectives. There needs to be help for those that needs it and the city has a duty to make parks family friendly which is hard to do when you have drunk homeless urinating and defecating in the park so I think there can be a reasonable solution reached if all parties are willing to compromise otherwise I forsee more fines or jail time which was warned already where no one benefits.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000 "...a possible transitional housing center near the county jail."

i don't like the sound of that at all. baby steps toward simply throwing the homeless in jail?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join