It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government is Right - Alien Disclosure Should Not Occur

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

I hesitated to mention that i didnt have any proof to offer and neither would i if i had, but now you know. I got none but objectivity. By the way, the nobel prize thing is a rigged scam but i guess its easier to forget this "little" annoyance. And about these "scientists" looking out there for life, i wouldnt put much hopes on these people, but thats just me! To many people, nasa is still the best leading company in spacial research and exploration and very honnest at that! And its a waste of time to argue with people like that, period.

The rabbit hole goes deeper than the deepest level anyone can imagine. And you expect to receive proof of some of these otherworldy things for free and in an understandable way for your ego and ultra limited perceptions and understanding of the world? Please.

lol
here a star
edit on 13-5-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

A simple "no" would have sufficed.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AlienView

"Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here"

There's no "Scotty" up there either. Thats Hollywood.

Sorry but 'Scotty' is up there.

www.space.com...

trekmovie.com...

The late James Doohan's ashes are orbiting the earth

As for disclosure,the question always has to be, disclose what?

Sure there will be secrets hidden away from us but we have to ask if the United States really does control the 'alien' issue given that there are over 200 other sovereign states on the planet and not all of them 'friendly'.

Personally I do see a very slow methodical path of disclosure happening. The gun was possibly jumped back when Bill Clinton announced the microbes from Mars in a meteorite. However astronomers around the world are now discovering more and more exoplanets and there is a strong belief that we will find life in our own Solar System in the scientific community these days out on the moons of the gas giants. Perhaps it will take another generation or maybe something will turn up on Mars in the very near future.

But I do sense the day getting closer when we will be told "We are not alone". Even though I doubt we'll see the Secretary General of the UN flanked by alien ambassadors. It will more likely come from confirming an alien microbe in the Solar System. Or possibly the more exciting, but still not threatening news, that we have found an artificial signal from another intelligence light years away or proof of previous or even present life on Mars.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I was talking to my S.O. the other day about this, actually.

We have a DVR so we rarely watch commercials. For some reason I forgot to fast forward, and ended up watching the commercial break.

After seeing a few commercials I turned and said, "And we wonder why no intelligent alien life has bothered to show up and say hi? We can't even get along between ourselves, let alone a species from another world".

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There wouldn't be much to disclose....

(1) They're here.
(2) They've been manipulating mankind since they first modified our DNA.

Advanced civilizations dominate inferior ones. Sort of an ongoing universal trend. ;^)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The reason there won’t be any disclosure may have to do with the reality that when we don’t know something… (such as whether there are aliens or not) the ptb have found out that this ignorance empowers them. The fact of not knowing certain things and encouraging divisive debate and conflict is there biggest ally in holding power for a few and keeping the masses locked up in fear, poverty, and ALIENation.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

But I do sense the day getting closer when we will be told "We are not alone".

"We are not alone." I can say that because I have seen a "craft". There, disclosure…

I guess though it has more weight coming from the government or the media?

Wait… what??!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The reason there won’t be any disclosure may have to do with the reality that when we don’t know something… (such as whether there are aliens or not) the ptb have found out that this ignorance empowers them. The fact of not knowing certain things and encouraging divisive debate and conflict is there biggest ally in holding power for a few and keeping the masses locked up in fear, poverty, and ALIENation.

Do you live in fear, poverty and alienation? I don't, and I daresay most people reading this don't either. If they're trying to oppress us, they ain't doing a very good job

edit on 13-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Releasing the iron-clad proof of ETs existence would create so many problems that it can not be done - the public will be protected from alien disclosure.

I would go to work and continue as normal. I would discuss it with my colleagues at lunch. If it were a weekend I would watch the news. It seems fairly harmless to me.

reply to: Rob48

I consider myself a debunker and I would happily accept that aliens were here if I was given good evidence.

What evidence would the average person have to evaluate other than videos? Any physical evidence would be as rare as a celebrity's time.

What is the difference between top notch Hollywood CGI like the movie Gravity and good video evidence? If a skilled organization were to spend $10,000,000,000 USD on producing fake evidence do you think you would be able to tell the difference? Aren't we really just left with the notion that we believe what people are repeating constantly? This is especially true if that person is somebody we respect.

As an example, draw a circle around what you currently know or believe to be true. Then draw a circle inside that circle around the truths with which you have direct experience. What is the ratio of the circles?

You are probably familiar with the term ICBMs and their respective silos. Did you learn about them through the news or a movie? Have you visited a particle accelerator facility? Could you build one? Here is something easier. Can you prove the Earth orbits the Sun based upon the observation of its movement across the sky? I think this would be a fun exercise to practice and debunk each other. It would provide quite a bit of insight into how we think and form our world view.

One other point to consider is mathematics. This should be unambiguous. Consider Goedel's incompleteness theorem. If it were so unambiguous then why isn't this information immediately understood and accepted? He had many critics that didn't want to believe his results. If it can be shown that our understanding of math contains some element of belief then what hope do we have of filtering out belief for less rigid and less consistent systems of information?

Society has a large impact on our belief system. If you requested the same personal burden of proof of everything then you would be left with nearly nothing.
edit on 13-5-2014 by compressedFusion because: Changed "consistent" to "less consistent" to emphasize the less

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I know from the experiences I had that being personally confronted with the reality of these things starts a process that takes quite a bit of self-analysis in order to put it in perspective. There is definitely a PTSD component to it too. After my third siting event of six total, I had lost all of my fear of them.

I agree with the prior statements about the various reactions amongst all of humanity. Disclosure would be akin to hitting a hornet's nest with a baseball bat. Initially, it would not be a good thing for most people. Over time it would become normal, but I do not think that society is ready yet.

I do know that w/in my circle of friends that I have made an impact on them by sharing the things I've witnessed. The friends who put too much religion into it now are less likely to view them solely as demon chariots. The friends who have experienced the phenomena have had themselves validated. I've even make some progress with some deniers too.

All I know is that disclosure and irrefutable proof is going to rock this world very hard. I'll be in the I told you so camp as I've already accepted it for what it is, and it took hard work for me to get to point of acceptance. It is a very disturbing to witness this technology, and I've witnessed an astounding array of various craft from 100 feet away to the outer fringes of the atmosphere. In my case, my experiences absolutely did not affect my religious views.

The controversies we bat about amongst ourselves on this forum would pale in comparison to what would happen to our civilization upon disclosure. I suppose it would be interesting to watch the insanity that would result from it, but I really don't think disclosure would be of benefit at this point in time.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

It would also cause a rift in the religious world. ...not just with the debunkers.

And disclosure might even set up a bunch of daffy believers.

So even if there were something to disclose? You're right OP!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I was talking to my S.O. the other day about this, actually.

We have a DVR so we rarely watch commercials. For some reason I forgot to fast forward, and ended up watching the commercial break.

After seeing a few commercials I turned and said, "And we wonder why no intelligent alien life has bothered to show up and say hi? We can't even get along between ourselves, let alone a species from another world".

I think if humans knew there were aliens out there, it would bound people closer together because then it would be us humans VS the aliens regardless if they attack or not. I think most racism would go out the window real quick. We'd all be shoulder-to-shoulder. All countries would be allies. I could be wrong.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You know what I like about Star Trek?
The way the 'people' from different planets, all consider themselves as 'one'.
The Vulcans....their planet was full of Vulcans, and they wanted to preserve their 'people'.

On earth, we don't consider ourselves a united planet. We are divided by every possible difference.
Wouldn't it be lovely if we all wanted to defend our planet full of human beings?

I think it's ridiculous to believe that we are the only life forms in this universe...and really ridiculous to believe that we are the most intelligent. I'd even call it arrogant.
Past civilizations talked about 'Star People' or "Sky People'. They knew about the planets, without having the proper technology. Why is that?

Humans have been calling 'aliens'...lots of different names. Aliens (lol), angels, demons, prophets, bad guys, good guys....I mean come on! Don't you want to know the TRUTH?
I do.
Could they possibly treat us any worse than we already treat each other?
Look at all the INHUMANE things that humans do to humans. Are alien-overlords causing us to do this to each other?
Nah, more likely it's us propagating myths. (How much sick stuff has been done in the name of God?) Seriously?

They probably only have their own kind on their planets. Decided to try an experiment where they seeded the earth with different planet's 'mixtures' to create different types of humans. Altogether on one planet.
They must be rather disappointed by now.
I know I am.

jacygirl

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

MIght be. Or not. Tell me can you think in the perspective of a mammal? A bird? A cetacean? Can you imagine how it is like to be a wolf and its way of thinking and perceiving the world? No? Then you got absolutely no idea of whats going on in an alien's head. Just a reminder, if you cannot put yourself in the shoes of another being while forgetting your own identity, pseudo-knowing and experiences, there is no way you will understand it. The world is more complicated than that. And it definitely does not revolve around the narrow understanding you have of it.

You think there is not much to disclose ? Dont think your openmindedness is generalized, most would have a hard time dealing with just point 1. But the second? lol i smile at the idea.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: _damon
a reply to: Rob48

The rabbit hole goes deeper than the deepest level anyone can imagine. And you expect to receive proof of some of these otherworldy things for free and in an understandable way for your ego and ultra limited perceptions and understanding of the world? Please.

lol
here a star

Yes, the rabbit hole may be very deep and at the bottom maybe there is a rabbit - a carnivorous, hungry rabbit; I know some are criticizing me for taking this negative sci-fi horror view BUT one thing is for sure whatever we are dealing with shows no indication of dropping its clandestine activities and will not reveal its intentions openly - therefor the worst must always be considered.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

BUT one thing is for sure whatever we are dealing with shows no indication of dropping its clandestine activities and will not reveal its intentions openly

So, there is no evidence of aliens on Earth because:

a) They are here to destroy us/eat us/force us to listen to Vogon poetry for all eternity and hence they are keeping themselves secret, or

b) There are no aliens on Earth.

I'll choose box B please, Bob.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join