It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government is Right - Alien Disclosure Should Not Occur

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunterAccepting something that humanity has no control over and is far in advance of us is probably too much for most people to accept, it is probably quite scary to some people that we are not top of the tree after all.

I simply don't think that's true. Of all the people I know, one of them would struggle with disclosure (she's a genuine religious nutter). Most people would be fine. Sure, it would be a *very* interesting day, but hardly beyond mankind's ability to cope.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yeah, we cant handle the truth..we are too dumb and stupid for the truth. lol
my guess would be most people would say..told you, then we would just get on with our daily lives. albeit we would be consumed with the story, like 9-11, gulf war I&II etc, we would watch in our spare time, but nothing much would change in our own lives in the short term.
i hope when they do finally show face they introduce tech so that mankind can reduce it's working week to 3 days allowing us to spend more time getting to know, love and enjoy our own families and friends..

Oh, and they must have three Tetas. i dont care where. Two on the front, one on the back, one on the forehead, dont care.
Just give me three somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I'm convinced. After many threads on forums such as this one and much released data from reputable sources that it would be a mistake for the government to acknowledge the existence of aliens observing and interacting with humans on the planet Earth. Why have i reached this
conclusion? Have you read the debunkers? In no way would these people accept the existence of alien intelligence even if it were starring them in the face; They would dispute the evidence and if ETs were to appeare on TV they would assure you it was faked. Can you see the problem? Releasing the iron-clad proof of ETs existence would create so many problems that it can not be done - the public will be protected from alien disclosure. And when it comes to ET disclosure you can ACCEPT IGNORANCE - for now there is no other answer.

"Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here"

Going by the title of your OP, you believe the Government (which one, I'm assuming you think there is only one that counts right? Yeah, thought so) has something they could disclose but choose not to do so. That's the same bold claim people make without any actual evidence apart from assumptions on what I'll call 'believer' sites that are total biased in their viewpoint.

So to say again, your title suggests there could be disclosure but the decision has been made not to.... got anything to back that up? Before you do the roll eyes thing, I'd be very interested in where your tipping point between assumption, opinion and hard cold facts lie.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'd personally rather know than not know. Although I don't have to be told there are aliens. I've never seen one, but it's absolutely naive to believe that we are the only life form when the Earth is like a speck of sand in the Sahara desert.

I think the OP is right though. Many people couldn't handle it. They wouldn't believe it. I just wish that the people that wanted to know could know. :-)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I Personally look forward to the day we get undeniable evidence, perhaps a large disk appearing over a Formula 1 race viewed by millions live around the world or some other massive global televised live event.

It would make massive changes happen all over the planet within hours.I agree not all the reactions are going to be good ones, but for the most part i think it would change us for the better knowing we are not alone in the vast cosmos.

If they aren't here to annihilate us then we should be just fine.

We as a race have already endured some pretty massive global reaching problems and we are still here, despite all of it.

Trouble is in my opinion if something is gonna happen it needs to happen soon. We roam this planet harvesting its rich bounties with no little to no regard of our place here and the havoc we are causing to the environment. Our fossil based fuels are not infinite and food and water are becoming ever critical. If something doesn't give soon we are bound to our own destruction through our lack of harmony with this beautiful blue marble we call Earth.

If the technology for free clean safe reliable green energy is already on the planet from the supposed downed UFO's that may or may not have been recovered by governments around the globe then we need it now more than ever.

Peace

M.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I'm convinced. After many threads on forums such as this one and much released data from reputable sources that it would be a mistake for the government to acknowledge the existence of aliens observing and interacting with humans on the planet Earth. Why have i reached this
conclusion? Have you read the debunkers? In no way would these people accept the existence of alien intelligence even if it were starring them in the face; They would dispute the evidence and if ETs were to appeare on TV they would assure you it was faked. Can you see the problem? Releasing the iron-clad proof of ETs existence would create so many problems that it can not be done - the public will be protected from alien disclosure. And when it comes to ET disclosure you can ACCEPT IGNORANCE - for now there is no other answer.

"Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here"

I do indeed see the problem.

An OP that is 100% straw.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Have you read the debunkers? In no way would these people accept the existence of alien intelligence even if it were starring them in the face

I don't think you realise what a "debunker" is. A debunker looks at the evidence and considers what that evidence shows. If there was good evidence of aliens, then "debunkers" would accept that aliens exist.

I consider myself a debunker and I would happily accept that aliens were here if I was given good evidence. Good evidence does not include blurry Youtube videos of lights in the sky, third-hand friend-of-a-friend abduction tales, photos of birds, photos of aeroplanes, badly blown-up JPEG artifacts on moon photos, etc etc.

Show me an alien, or even some alien technology, and I'll be all ears. I'm pretty sure alien life exists elsewhere in the universe, but until I see any evidence, I don't believe it's here in our back yard.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well, the "debunkers" would have to deal with it, we all would..
Lot of those "debunkers" are just afraid of change and anything out of the norm.

Information concerning life outside of earth should be shared knowledge..

I hope they will appear in the skies all over earth some day, and give us a good scold about how we disrespect life and nature.

We should not expect any help from them, we should just take the scold as a man and say thanks we will try better

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

originally posted by: ufoorbhunterAccepting something that humanity has no control over and is far in advance of us is probably too much for most people to accept, it is probably quite scary to some people that we are not top of the tree after all.

I simply don't think that's true. Of all the people I know, one of them would struggle with disclosure (she's a genuine religious nutter). Most people would be fine. Sure, it would be a *very* interesting day, but hardly beyond mankind's ability to cope.

Yes but I was relating it to my own sightings, I really do not know if half the grannies sitting at WI this week will honestly be fine about beyond the imagination space ships flying over their heads and I do think some will be terrified by this. Real UFOs are pretty awesome things, some folk will go mad especially if they are on the verge, I'm just being honest and thinking of all our humanity, not just those that are 'up for it'

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

But they aren't real though.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74Make sure your space capsule is wrapped up before space-docking. Don't be irresponsible like Capt. Kirk who doesn't use his deflector shields while in the Neutral Zone.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think we all have a right to know the truth instead of living with our heads in the sand. I'm sure the religious crowd would call them demons and such but I really don't think it would change much unless they told us that they created us. Either way, we all have the right to know.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

If we for the sake of the arguement set the rule that there is something to disclose (which I am no stranger to at all):

Then any so called disclosure won't happend in the way that aliens land a spaceship on the White House lawn and wave hello. Nor will any government have a press conference and reveal the existance of anything.

It probably will take the same course as evolution and let us adopt the idea slowly. A crawling slow process that take a very long time. I bet our grand children will wrestle with many of the same questions we have today.

And if any type of disclosure is dependant on our human ethics, moral and acceptance, then we are in for a long wait.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think this go hand and hand.

The military would receive a lot more funding, and whatever else, to make people feel more threatened by a higher intelligence that capable of god knows what. Then, their would be draw backs, as the preparation for war is quite costly on a civilization. No different then using asteroid propaganda to make better defenses.

Then you got the government trying to keep it the down low, trying to get whatever information, or data it can from outer space strangers. Where as it would not create a panic, not mess with peoples minds, and could just focus on technological development.

Then they come out no where, invading, anal probing the masses regardless of race or sex.

Tough choice.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You are right, it wouldnt lead anywhere to disclose alien existence. It would worsen the global situation. Humans got it hard enough trying to cooperate with each others. Add to that an unknown variable like intelligent alien life and it will lead to a really bad situation.

But disclosure is something that a certain kind of people need, selfish people that cannot for the life of them be content with the many "proofs" available but NEED to be told that aliens exist because they rely so much on the government, they just cant think and make a conclusion by themselves and it is really pathetic to watch. Yes truly it aint harder than that. Selfish reason again.

Its not a matter of belief anyways. Its a matter of the capability to accept the fact that your existence aint so special like you are the only "intelligent logic-based" lifeform in the whole universe. Many people are still stuck with these mental blocks, and many of them are on ats. Yes brainwashing goes deeper than one thinks. Past a point, it autofeeds itself even without outer influences, like a parasite.

It really is simple. Either you got the open mindedness, common sense and humility to simply "accept" the fact that the universe profuses with life, micro/macro, carbon-based/anything else, instinct-based/logic-based, etc. Or either you are a weak minded arrogant, self centered and brainwashed and mentally assisted that cannot accept it for whatever fake reason he can make up, the way an immature kid would make excuses for his failures. The picture is THAT simple.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: _damon

Its not a matter of belief anyways. Its a matter of the capability to accept the fact that your existence aint so special like you are the only "intelligent logic-based" lifeform in the whole universe. Many people are still stuck with these mental blocks, and many of them are on ats. Yes brainwashing goes deeper than one thinks. Past a point, it autofeeds itself even without outer influences, like a parasite.

I think you are confusing two very different subjects. The likelihood that we are not alone in the universe, which I think most rational people are quite in agreement with, and the idea that aliens are somehow among us here on Earth, for which there is no evidence whatsoever.

It's vanishingly unlikely that we are the only intelligent life in the universe, but that doesn't mean that there has been alien contact right here on Earth that is being hidden from us. The universe is a very, very big place, and the sphere of human experience within the universe is a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of a trillionth of a percent. In fact smaller even than that.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Having read the Ops opinion the first thing that comes to mind is from the movie: Men in Black:

Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

The problem with disclosure, is that posters nailed it on it. There would be 3 sets of reaction that would happen. The first would be those that would look vindicated and say see I told you so. The second would be a group that would say it is fake, and not believe it. The third would be those who did believe and start fearing the worst. When it came out that it was real and the realization hit home, and was finally accepted, then there would be a dividing line, those who accept such and those who do not believe that the extraterrestrial life would be here for the good of mankind. And it would cause chaos and panic as both sides rushed to get to the points that they want to be.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think the people are ready to accept it. Polls have shown already that up to 80% believe in UFO's, depending on which poll you look at, and that we are ready. If it doesn't happen soon, we will end up destroying ourselves with tech we are not ready to handle. Nuclear bombs included. Fukushima nuclear plants are a prime example of how we "think" we can handle the tech, but once a problem comes along, it's just too late.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Im glad you are aware of that. But i did include the fact that the earth was and is visited at this very moment. The human history is way more complicated and "exotic" than what you were lead to believe. In fact it is way more exciting than the orthodox fairy tale of a story that people are brainwashed with. Too bad the people aware of it can be counted on the fingers of one hand... understandable enough, since the real history is full of unknowns, weirdness and otherworldly.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: _damon
a reply to: Rob48

Im glad you are aware of that. But i did include the fact that the earth was and is visited at this very moment.

That's a "fact", is it? Got any evidence for that? Rather a lot of scientists who are looking for evidence of extraterrestrial life would be quite interested in it. Play your cards right and you could be on for a Nobel prize!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join