It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don't Think Miracles Are Possible.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
....maybe you should rethink your position.

Two stillborn babies, one after being dead 2 hours and the other 61 minutes, spontaneously revived.

Most recent baby

Now a heathy 3 year old

I cannot imagine going from devestating sorrow to amazing joy in the time it takes see your baby take it's first breath.

Pretty awesome IMHO. Hope the stories brighten your day.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I absolutely believe in miracles!! These babies seem to be exactly that! Thanks for sharing.

I can't imagine the relief of the parents. Awesome!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
That's the logic of "I don't know how it happened, therefore a miracle" or "... therefore god".

We are still learning about the human body.

There is no shame in saying that i don't know what actually happened. There is no need for beliefs. But I'm happy for everyone, I can't imagine the happiness the mother must have felt.

edit on 12-5-2014 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Dear Sad_Eyed_Lady,

Thank you very much. I return to ATS after a fairly long absence, and you and the miracle children are the first things I see. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Of course the kids are miracles. Unless ATS has changed, there will be people saying "It's not a miracle, there's a scientific explanation." Disregarding the fact that there isn't one. Something like this may have happened before, but that's only reason to celebrate two miracles.

You're taking the right approach, and I'm glad to see it. I needed the lift, and the reminder that God still hasn't abandoned us. (Another miracle right there.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am torn between feeling joy and horror. I have seen a goat, frozen solid, and a flounder that had been in a freezer for weeks come back to life. It is possible. I hope everything works out well for these children, but it is just a little creepy.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

Dear danielsil18,

I'm sorry I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you before. I'd like to compliment you for saying

We are still learning about the human body.

There is no shame in saying that i don't know what actually happened.
and

But I'm happy for everyone, I can't imagine the happiness the mother must have felt.
Perfectly correct and I applaud your sentiments.

May I ask you to switch over to the logical side of the question for a minute? Science studies the things that can be found in nature. Atoms, blood, respiratory systems, vegetation, the list is nearly endless, but not quite. There are things that Science has nothing but guesses about after all these centuries and trillions of dollars of study. There is no logical reason to conclude that there is nothing beyond what nature has seen fit to show us. In short, there are some things that are considered outside of the natural world, the supernatural.

There are other threads, I would expect, that show that materialism is self-contradictory, and that Science can't, logically, "prove everything eventually." In this case, Science is saying that there is no natural or scientific explanation yet found for these children.

Take your choice. Do you say, "Well, until there is more evidence, I'll just accept this as supernatural, a miracle?" Or do you say "I have this strong belief, hope, and wish, that maybe someday Science will have an explanation?" Oooops! My mistake. You said "there is no need for beliefs. . . " I suppose we'll have to call it a miracle then.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My daughter needed an emergency C-section when she was born and didn't breath on her own when she first entered the world. The doctors were working frantically on her (I was in the operating room) and I had to reassure her mother that everything was ok even though I couldn't hear a peep from our newborn. It was a good 15 minutes until she cried. Longest fifteen minutes of my life, and I can't imagine the hour the mother had to go through in this case.

It's a miracle for the babies and their parents and that is all one could really hope for, isn't it?

btw: I missed you Charles!

edit on 12-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952 I needed the lift, and the reminder that God still hasn't abandoned us. (Another miracle right there.)

With respect,
Charles1952

Indeed Charles. That is a gift everyday.

Nice to see you back.

edit on 5/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I understand your position, but I must point something out. Just because there isn't a scientific explanation as of yet doesn't mean their wont be one. I'm not claiming to know what is it, nor am I saying it could not have been a "miracle".

You cannot overlook the fact that you may be wrong. Just as we may or may not all come to meet the maker one day. There is no way to know, therefore you cannot simply say there is no scientific explanation.

Now, I would like to introduce myself, and say welcome back. :-)

Hello Charles, I am Andrew. Nice to meet you. :-p

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I never said there is nothing "beyond nature".

My point is that there is no need for beliefs, we don't know what happened yet.

I won't call it a miracle because we don't know what happened and if we never find out then I'll die saying that i don't know what happened.

You would have said lightning were miracles too if we didn't know how they are created.
edit on 13-5-2014 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For me its how i want to look at it, it can be both at the same time, coz i see science kind of miracle aswell.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think there are things we see all the time that are pretty miraculous whether we know "the science" behind them or not. Every baby born is miraculous to me. Every child that survives the all too often "stupidity rising" teen years is miraculous. IMO only of course.

I find it miraculous that the tide goes in and out at set times, the sun and moon do their thing without a hitch... Millions upon millions of times.

Just because science tells me why, I don't see it as any less miraculous.

That is probably not what Charles meant, but I figured I could explain my belief of why I consider it the way that I do.

I know that we don't all think the same way about the same things. Just thought I would share anyway.

edit on 5/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It depends a lot on the definition we give to the word miracle.

For some it's something wonderful, for others it's something supernatural, for others it's specifically god, angels, etc.

To me the human body is wonderful, it's truly amazing. Which is why I'm studying to be a neurosurgeon.

I'm thinking, from what I've learned so far, that our whole body works through chemical reactions. I think that everything could be explainable.

An example is sight. We are able to see the world through our eyes when photons reach the cone and rod cells in our eyes. There is a chemical reaction when, I think it was, 6 photons reach our rod cells. That's the start of the process for our sight. Those 6 photons start what I would call right now a "domino effect", at the end our brain reads the signal. These chemical reactions occur all over our body.

I would love to know what happened inside that baby's body, I think it can be explained without using beliefs.
edit on 12-5-2014 by danielsil18 because: Better worded.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What an amazing story, glad to hear they both made it.

Life is a miracle in itself, so each one of us is our own little miracle. Amazing story nonetheless, the chances of one making it is slim to none much less both.

This most definitely brightened my day (night), so thank you! S&F

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am far more interested in the physical considerations here...find out exactly how these babies remained alive for that long, replicate it, voila...we have potential for stasis for long journeys, battlefield and accident victims, etc.

Miracle? naa..well, I mean, there are sciences we simply don't understand yet, but calling them miracles gives you an excuse to ignore it verses research it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Charles, so glad to see you back!

Something tells me that now people know this is possible they are going to be holding their stillborn babies longer and hoping , perhaps praying their babies back to life.

The power of love is beautiful and amazing.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I think there are things we see all the time that are pretty miraculous whether we know "the science" behind them or not. Every baby born is miraculous to me. Every child that survives the all too often "stupidity rising" teen years is miraculous. IMO only of course.

I find it miraculous that the tide goes in and out at set times, the sun and moon do their thing without a hitch... Millions upon millions of times.

Just because science tells me why, I don't see it as any less miraculous.

That is probably not what Charles meant, but I figured I could explain my belief of why I consider it the way that I do.

I know that we don't all think the same way about the same things. Just thought I would share anyway.

Great point of view! Looking at what is so often taken for granted and seeing the wonder of it all is a beautiful way to live.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Dear andr3w68,

Thanks for your kindness, and I'm glad to be back. Surprise! I agree with most of what you're saying.

There may very well be a scientific explanation for it someday. There doesn't happen to be one now, and it certainly doesn't happen very regularly at all. In fact, I expect that science will say something like, "This neuron bumped into that chromosome, which triggered this muscle, just as there was a loud noise in the room." That leaves the question, "Why did the neuron bump into that whatever it was, and triggered so and so."

I read an article once in which scientists were asked "When do you consider something to be impossible?" This was a serious discussion among many scientists. There conclusion was that you could describe an event as impossible when the odds were more than 50,000,000 to 1 against it. If an impossible thing happens, doesn't "miracle" start making sense?

Of course, I can be wrong. I'm wrong a lot. I celebrate when someone shows me I'm wrong. But, keep in mind what you've said "There is no way to KNOW." Don't some of the posters insist, "There is a way to know, and science will find it someday?" I think it would be a large step forward if some of the posters agreed with you and said, "It could be a miracle, or it could be natural, we just won't know."

As far as saying there is no scientific explanation, I may have made a large error. I don't recall what I said, but I think (and still do) that science doesn't have any explanation now. If we're looking for the simplest explanation that covers all the facts, "Miracle" wins because science has no explanation whatever.

Andrew, it is a pleasure talking with you, and I hope we can do a lot more of it.

With respect,
Charles

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It seems like to me that those certain posters are putting "faith" in science wouldn't you say?

I love science and believe it's a great tool for understanding, but there are some things science will never understand in my opinion, which is fine because the rabbit hole goes infinitely deep. Science can only go so far.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

edit on 5/13/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is no faith in science, it's all about understanding it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join