It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found something strange on Google earth near my house, Bulls Eye Rings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A friend of mine brought this to my attention it is a strange bulls eye with old asphalt rings but all the other roads are dirt. Its about 2 miles from my place in Joshua Tree CA. I'm going to take a drive out and check it out sometime this week. Just wondering if anyone might know what it is.. My friend thinks it may be a satellite calibration ring since it can be seen from space, could be I just don't know. And why would the rings be made of asphalt ? Here is the location Latitude: 34°13'46.41"N , Longitude: 116°20'3.15"W

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
pretty cool. Maybe a target for the army? Is there, or was there a military base there? Maybe a bomber target.
edit on 12-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Missile silo?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Twenty nine palms base is about 30 miles I don't think they would use it so near to other houses. But could have been used a long time ago.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Not a missile silo, my friend went out their and said that people were dumping trash nothing else is their just the rings of asphalt.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A housing project, never finished and abandoned?

Your 2nd image zoomed out shows even more roads, lined up like blocks of streets.

Just like some kind of subburb of a city.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
A housing project, never finished and abandoned?

Your 2nd image zoomed out shows even more roads, lined up like blocks of streets.

Just like some kind of subburb of a city.

No its not for housing all of our housing out here is built in square lots nothing like this exists anywhere out here at all. and their are no utilities their no water lines etc.
The entire area is lined up like blocks of streets the entire mesa is like that.
edit on 12-5-2014 by desertguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Your city has been designated nuclear whipping boy. All friendly nations will use that spot to calibrate their nuclear missiles in the case of war.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underduck

Funny LOL

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: desertguy

I have seen things like that before on aerial imagery and some Lidar data. Usually its old WWII Practice bombing targets.

Eample

~Morpheus.
edit on 12-5-2014 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Using Google Earth, I can go back to 1989 and you can see it there.

The reason I suggested housing development is, I've seen this in some places where they come in and put in streets first before anything else.

When I lived in Italy, I saw a lot of lots with streets.....but nothing else because the developer had lost money or backers. So you had all these streets......but nothing else there.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Looks like bulls eye rings to me, who knows let us know what you find

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
could be something from WW2 and they carved out all the grid over it. since it isnt a perfect bullseye.

ive been going to the desert since i was a little kid and theirs weird stuff out there. ive also explored alot of desert on google earth.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmark
could be something from WW2 and they carved out all the grid over it. since it isnt a perfect bullseye.

ive been going to the desert since i was a little kid and theirs weird stuff out there. ive also explored alot of desert on google earth.

Ive lived out here for 7 years yes their is a lot of weird stuff lot of abandon houses and cabins near my place find some cool stuff in them ..

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be neat if it was some ancient site....but asphalt....I doubt it.

It could have been something developed fifty years ago and something happened that it never got finished. It would be nice to find the history behind it. . Maybe if you asked around the area someone may know something about it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

could be im going to do some more looking into it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You might want to look and see if you can find a surveyor's stake in the absolute center of it. The center most point is not in the intersection, but to the east of it. Perhaps the markings on a surveyor's stake might offer clues as to who started the whole thing. Start there and clues might unfold. Keep us posted.

Maybe its an early version of geo-caching... burried treasure?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
*bump thread*

Did you have time to go out there and search in the approximate area of the true center? I'm looking forward to hearing about what you found.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The radius of the inner circle looks the same distance from the circle outside and the outside again.

Read up on the flower of life pattern, it does fit there. If so colud be more to this..

But I dont know why...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
they are WW2 targets.

I use to scrap these areas in the calif desert.

For some of the old practice bombs i get $40 each.
dondennisfamily.com...

Even these were worth money at 25 pounds apiece. 80 of them were a ton.

Plus many had gunnery range near by that i could find 50 and 20mm brass

top topics

<<   2 >>

join