It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Columbus’s flagship the Santa Maria has been found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

More than five centuries after Christopher Columbus’s flagship, the Santa Maria, was wrecked in the Caribbean, archaeological investigators think they may have discovered the vessel’s long-lost remains – lying at the bottom of the sea off the north coast of Haiti. It’s likely to be one of the world’s most important underwater archaeological discoveries.

The discovery has been backed up by 2003 researcher that pinpointed the probable location of Columbus's fort nearby. An expedition a decade ago led by Clifford had photographed the wreck - but had no idea the boat was the Santa Maria. However, the team has already found items - including a cannon, have been looted, is is working with the Haitian government 'to ensure the site is protected and preserved. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... NdMY Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

exciting find indeed! (though t's still not 100%) Thought I'd share

did a search for Columbus, mods delete if I'm late.
edit on 12-5-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Wow this is really interesting I can't wait to know more. I wonder how deep it is.

I know the deeper the more likely it will have been preserved.
edit on 12-5-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
wow, what a great story. I wonder how much money the cannon went for?
I hate looters .

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool, to find an old ship buried and so forth.........Maybe find some secret documents, that unveil the world order, or something?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I like the fact that Columbus was searching for Atlantis and used stolen map copies from the ancient sea kings. The royalties at the time wanted the new Atlantis for themselves. Columbus was not the first but he was the first official flag carrier from the old world.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

The looters of the cannon probably don't even know what ship it came from. Shame. yup would be worth a bundle.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadow Herder
I like the fact that Columbus was searching for Atlantis and used stolen map copies from the ancient sea kings. The royalties at the time wanted the new Atlantis for themselves. Columbus was not the first but he was the first official flag carrier from the old world.

Uhhh what? I dont see this anywhere in that article, could you please explain where you came up with this ?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The History Channel episode "Kensington Runestone" makes the connection between Christopher Columbus, Knights Template and the New World.
A hooked X on the signature of Christopher Columbus is EXACT match on the Kensington Runestone's runes.
So he was "prepared" for this expedition by KT and their secret maps...then he went King of Spain to have him fund the plot's goals.
edit on 13-5-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Good find, I hope this is the real ship. The Santa Maria is one of the most well-known ships in European-American history, so finding it is along the same lines as finding ole Richard III last year.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

5 centuries , eh?
Sure took them long enough.

Nevertheless, if it turns out to be the Santa Maria , what an exciting find this would be.
Thanks for sharing the interesting news.

edit on 13/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Give it 500 years and we'll probably find MH-370.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
The History Channel episode "Kensington Runestone" makes the connection between Christopher Columbus, Knights Template and the New World.
A hooked X on the signature of Christopher Columbus is EXACT match on the Kensington Runestone's runes.
So he was "prepared" for this expedition by KT and their secret maps...then he went King of Spain to have him fund the plot's goals.
The story of finding the ship is great news...the Kensington Runestone still unproven.
Can you provide us with the sources that the History Channel provided? That's more important than their claims, which are usually cloaked in weasel words anyway. I will be kind, though, and blame that Knights Template thing on autocomplete...unless, of course, that's what History Channel told you. Which I could believe.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

He's talking about the show America Unearthed with Scott Wolter, first season. He's also got a book about it. I've watched AU, and I'm on the fence about Wolter, not sure if his theories are legit or bunk.

That'll be two cents, please, and I only take cash and no Canadian coins, thanks.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sorry, Kensington Runestone is real...per Sir William Sinclair.

With all of Europe hunting-down your survivers, why would you leave any traces of your escape?

The hooked X appears in every trace that was left for everyone to see that was Knights Templar remnent...why didn't you see?

Have you not read about Rosalind Chapel?

edit on 13-5-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

He's talking about the show America Unearthed with Scott Wolter, first season. He's also got a book about it. I've watched AU, and I'm on the fence about Wolter, not sure if his theories are legit or bunk.

That'll be two cents, please, and I only take cash and no Canadian coins, thanks.

I love that show! And, while Wolter does seem to be actively searching out these types of connections, he very often admits when something is just bunk (such as the "giant bones"). I personally feel that Wolter wants to believe in these things, but is sincerely trying to find the evidence and does not "push" something that he believes is false.

And - at the moment anyway, Canadian, Australian and US dollars are all within a dime of each other in value now - so Canadian money isn't worth as little as it used to be compared to US.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Sorry, Kensington Runestone is real...per Sir William Sinclair.
With all of Europe hunting-down your survivers, why would you leave any traces of your escape?
The hooked X appears in every trace that was left for everyone to see that was Knights Templar remnent...why didn't you see? Have you not read about Rosalind Chapel?

Oh, I am aware of all of this...even the 'Castle' at New Ross. I'm just saying that none of that constitutes anything other than a good yarn until proof emerges.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i like the cross on the maria's sails
the cargo cult version of the one in my AV

the one in my AV works though

new topics

top topics

join