It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Googolplexian...mind blown lol.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow I just watched this video.

Wow this number is huge...the amount of particles in the universe doesn't even get to this number lol.

Just amazing.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 it really is. Thanks for posting OP.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cthooser1031

If you had a universe as big as a Googolplexian in metres across you would start to see atoms formed exactly as you...again Kerpow!! head blown to bits lol.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty dumb and that made sense.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Wow thanks for that I learned something. I am not sure how that something will come in handy except a subject to think about when I need to fall asleep, but it is cool anyway.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Numberphile has some interesting topics if you like maths.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Me too. I will try and imagine a googolplexian so if I do and I cause a black hole sorry all lol.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I get what he's saying, just can't even think about it lol.
Cool though

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Googol is for number crunches… by computers. I prefer the symbol for infinity. Can't input that though, the main frame just goes huh? Oh, humans…

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hm. That's BIG!
Now imagine you spent an entire 100 years and all you did was count at a rate of 4 numbers per second, you would only get to 12,614,400,000.

Thanks for the info - it got me thinking!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe some science minds will drop by and tell us how big the math is to fly by Pluto?

That could be close to google-- I mean googol, maybe.

New Horizons

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Wow, that's fascinating. I think about the implications of having more than one you. To me, the spiritual implications are remarkable.

What makes me think is that there are many that say that the universe is infinite. Wouldn't that be larger than a googolplex?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a GoogolPlex is pretty simple to most of us. Infinity and beyond

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They probably had to develop this Googleplexian number so Walmart and the Koch brothers could continue to count all their money.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have heard that if you suffle a deck of cards enough, eventually they (will in that random action) come out in perfect order, all 52 cards.... What is usually not mentioned, is the fact that it could happen on the 1st shuffle, or the last, or the 33 to the 100th googolplex. Wrap your noggin' around that for a second. Our Universe is a strange place, you could literally run into your "doppleganger" your very next step. That repetition he was talking about could happen 10 to the Billion googolplexs in a row, so that tree could be in your garden everytime you look out the window, until that one time that it isn't. A crazy,wonerful place. I'm glad to have been chosen to live and be the proof it even happened, with all of you... Or did it?
edit on 12-5-2014 by wastedown because: stupid grammar

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused about the size of the universe. According to this website:

www.space.com...

The observable universe Astronomers have measured the age of the universe to be approximately 13.8 billion years old. Because of the connection between distance and the speed of light, this means they can look at a region of space that lies 13.8 billion light-years away. Like a ship in the empty ocean, astronomers on Earth can turn their telescopes to peer 13.8 billion light-years in every direction, which puts Earth inside of an observable sphere with a radius of 13.8 billion light-years. The word "observable" is key; the sphere limits what scientists can see but not what is there.

But though the sphere appears almost 28 billion light-years in diameter, it is far larger. Scientists know that the universe is expanding. Thus, while scientists might see a spot that lay 13.8 billion light-years from Earth at the time of the Big Bang, the universe has continued to expand over its lifetime. Today, that same spot is 46 billion light-years away, making the diameter of the observable universe a sphere around 92 billion light-years.

But then this.

The shape of the universe The size of the universe depends a great deal on its shape. Scientists have predicted the possibility that the universe might be closed like a sphere, infinite and negatively curved like a saddle, or flat and infinite.

A finite universe has a finite size that can be measured; this would be the case in a closed spherical universe. But an infinite universe has no size by definition.

According to NASA, scientists know that the universe is flat with only about a 0.4 percent margin of error (as of 2013). A flat universe is an infinite universe; thus the size of the universe is infinite.

So I guess I'm confused, and I wonder if their calculations about particles holds true?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Great video.

However . . . the postulating about the googolplex wide universe . . . and the dopplegangers that would theoretically begin to show up . . .

I understand the logic and the reasons for the hypothesizing along those lines.

However . . . uhhhh . . .

It seems to me that the God of The Bible is MORE logical in terms of the evidence.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I stopped listening when he claimed that he can only fit 10^90 grains of sand in the Universe. What a load of crap.

I remember this same guy made some other ridiculous conclusions in his other videos as well.
edit on 13-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Great video.

However . . . the postulating about the googolplex wide universe . . . and the dopplegangers that would theoretically begin to show up . . .

I understand the logic and the reasons for the hypothesizing along those lines.

However . . . uhhhh . . .

It seems to me that the God of The Bible is MORE logical in terms of the evidence.

What if our soul wasn't just in one body? What if our soul was spread out into several copies of our body? We could then live out different variations to our life. If our soul was spread out like that, it could be able to take in more knowledge/experience in a shorter amount of time in order to reach 100% purity/heaven.

How would an all knowing being explain such a complex process to such a simple minded person? It's like if we were to go bakc in time & try to explain the Cern Super Collider to a cave person. Some things are going to be left out to try to make it easier for us to comprehend all that our soul must to do get to heaven.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I like the video, but for me it seemed like a lot of speculating.

"say how many particles could you fit in the universe " 10 to the 80th was it? And then he goes to grain of sand and he comes with 10 of the 90th?

So a particle should be visable to the eye? Size wise? Also claiming you know the exact space of the universe seems kinda... I don't know... How?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join