It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to bend space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by: intrptr
Now answer my question.

I already did. Don't you read replies addressed to you? I'm here to confront your nonsense and that of others with historical truth, scientific knowledge, common sense and the fruits of my rather extensive experience of the world. I could claim I was doing it selflessly, for the sake of impressionable folk who might otherwise be misled; that might even be true; but I confess that my principal reward is the pleasure I take in confounding and infuriating the advocates of mumbo-jumbo, the raisers of false hopes and the promoters of hatred, lies and superstition.

There, that's the closest I've ever come to posting a manifesto on this site. Consider yourself honoured.

edit on 13/5/14 by Astyanax because: of gremlins.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Geez what a tirade. You sound like you hail from the Dark Ages. "The world she'sa flat and if you sail too far, you'll fall off." Maybe a few Heretics that go against the Status Quo need burning at the stake? They should be so "honored". What a grouch. Thats why I asked you why you're here. You seem so upset at any conjecture beyond mans own feeble attempts at well, anything.

You're all on about…

I'm here to confront your nonsense and that of others with historical truth, scientific knowledge, common sense and the fruits of my rather extensive experience of the world.

But then you can't get it right either. Your first reply to me…

So your Ocker trucker saw a black hole by the side of the road -- it was deep enough to suck light into it, but somehow didn't eat the trucker, Australia or planet Earth?

All he said was his headlights bent toward some "light anomaly" in a field. All I said was thats powerful gravity, maybe its a contained singularity. Too which you replied above. Of course you understand the advanced technology of the whole cosmos better than anyone don't you? And you didn't even read the article I presented.

Who's really ignorant?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

But then you can't get it right either.

Oh, all right, it was a neutron-star-powered, space-bending, dimension-crossing Unidentified Flying Object that just happened not to be flying at the moment. Or possibly a naked hitch-hiker.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Or possibly a naked hitch-hiker.

Could you ask him if he knows the answer to the great question of life, the Universe and everything?

Next time you see him, I mean…

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How much mass does a joule have?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Lol. 1 J/s = 1 Nm/s = 1 watt

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Next time you see him, I mean…

See? You'll believe any old tall story, won't you?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

See? You'll believe any old tall story, won't you?

I was playing along, dinkums. If you read the eyewitness report you would have known that a person or being was not involved. Just an impossible light phenomenon and depression in the ground.

You did note the reference to "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"?

That was an attempt at humor, but useless if you haven't read the book.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

A joule is a unit of energy, is this a trick question?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
originally posted by: intrptr

If you read the eyewitness report you would have known that a person or being was not involved. Just an impossible light phenomenon and depression in the ground.

I didn't need to read the 'report', you already told us. Who cares? It's bunkum anyway.

You did note the reference to "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"?

Indeed I did.

That was an attempt at humor, but useless if you haven't read the book.

As you say...an attempt.

edit on 16/5/14 by Astyanax because: hur hur hur

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: beezzer

A joule is a unit of energy, is this a trick question?

Presumably this is another of your attempts at 'humour'...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaanny
You " bend " light

Sounds like something the LAst airbender can do to me. OR better yet angelina jolie bending bullets was cool. SO lightbending must be a evolved firebending ability. Ill have to go ask Zuko.

ON TOPIC NOW.
Yes. Gravity i s needed to warp alot of things. If we can create mini black holes and keep them stable(and not on POWER SUCK) we could in effect have faster than light travel by bending gravity and in effect space time.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

E=mc^2

m = E/c^2
= 1/(3x10^6)^2
= 1/(9x10^12)
= 10^(-13) kg
approximately 0.0000000000001 kg

top topics

<< 1   >>