It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire and Ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
now the F22 is regarded as the best A2A fighter and the SU47 is regarded as the most manovourable (ok its argueable but bear with)
what would happen if they combined the desgins?
would there be a super manovourable super stealthly fighter?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
/Then youd have a compromised platform that would be as good in the A2A role as the JSF. They are best suited for their own respective roles.

Also dogfighting is not very important now adays in A2a combat, so the Rpator will be the King in the next generation of air combat.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Also dogfighting is not very important now adays in A2a combat,

That's kind of a sweeping statement. If you were to find yourself in a situation in which you had no airborne radar control or were under heavy enemy ECM or indeed facing a particularly stealthy opponent you might consider dogfighting ability rather important.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
/Then youd have a compromised platform that would be as good in the A2A role as the JSF. They are best suited for their own respective roles.

i dont think so i think it would be a sort of F22B kind of desgin but with a hint of the SU series

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRG7700

That's kind of a sweeping statement. If you were to find yourself in a situation in which you had no airborne radar control or were under heavy enemy ECM or indeed facing a particularly stealthy opponent you might consider dogfighting ability rather important.

Also what if aliens invade then we`ll need those planes

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Hence, the thrust vectoring & Gun.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What I am waiting for is a 3D TVC upgrade for the Raptor. Aparently they were having problems finding a way to keep it stealthy, but I'm sure they will fix it within a few years.

Imagine how sick that would be.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
What I am waiting for is a 3D TVC upgrade for the Raptor...
We could probably do it today, just add a vane forward of the burner. Frankly, I don't see a need for it, the Raptor is a very manouverable AC.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
yeah, 3D TVC is not a great advantage, 2D TV is quite good for the Raptor...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yes but the Raptor will never fight without this support, so dogfighting is not really important, alkthough still possible.

Besides its stealthy , has a gun, and has thrust vectoring it will be a great dogfighter if ever put in that situation. The only reason it isnt dazzling people with its superior manuverability is because the computer has locks in it so the plane is not stressed so as to cut down on maintenance time and increase service life.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259

Yes but the Raptor will never fight without this support, so dogfighting is not really important, alkthough still possible.

really?
dont count on that. that kind of thinking gets people killed.

top topics

join