It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who MADE UP entire bestselling holocaust memoir is forced to pay back $22.5 million

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

If she made it all up and is made over $22 million then that must be a good read..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: ken10

This has been gone over on the forum again and again, the ones denying the Holocaust are the revisionist.

The Germans kept impeccable records.

3D scanning
scanlabprojects.co.uk...

Star for this comment. I came back to this thread to post this very same thing. The Germans were meticulous record keepers and they documented their own crimes quite thoroughly. Nobody needed to "dig up" evidence against them because they did it themselves--all very neatly filed and precisely kept.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: ken10

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: ken10

You really think there was an elaborate hoax?

No, not a hoax.....many millions of innocents died by way of atrocities, and some were jews.

But the way it is portrayed today has many flaws in it.....hence all the questioners.

"Some" were Jews? "Some"??? We have the intercepts from the Eastern Front that detail all the mass shootings committed by the Einsatzgruppen. Mass shootings of people whose only 'crime' was being Jewish. We have the plans for the death chambers, the movement orders, the eyewitnesses. All your 'questioners' tend to be anti-Semitic charlatans like David Irving or that useless little twit who tried to claim that there was no cyanide used at Auschwitz.

The holocaust certainly happened. The Nazis themselves kept records that show us the extent of it.

Just a slight nit-pick though. A lot of people other than Jews were also murdered by the Nazis. We cannot forget the other victims as well.

(post by Dorrell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell
That is very true. Like I said earlier it wasn't just Jews that died. It was Romanians, Russians, Germans and Gypsies etc that also died in these camps. But they didn't all get executed. And the 6 million figure was completely false.

How about the Germans? The ones that had nothing to do with the death camps. How come 1.7 million German civilians and surrendered troops died in the Eisenhower Death camps on the river Rhine? How come they never talk about that. Or the bombing massacre of Dresden where over 125,000 refugees were incinerated by 3,300 US and UK bombs?

They never talk about these things much. But when they do and questions are raised they never get jailed or called Anti-Semitic! You'd think the Jews were trying to hide something!

Certainly the bombing of Dresden is a much debated and discussed event that is intensely discussed. 1.7 million POWs and civilians died in American Death camps? Really? That's a wild accusation.

The Soviets were notoriously brutal and their genocidal acts were also well documented including systemic rape and murder and torture.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

That is very true. Like I said earlier it wasn't just Jews that died. It was Romanians, Russians, Germans and Gypsies etc that also died in these camps. But they didn't all get executed. And the 6 million figure was completely false.

How about the Germans? The ones that had nothing to do with the death camps. How come 1.7 million German civilians and surrendered troops died in the Eisenhower Death camps on the river Rhine? How come they never talk about that. Or the bombing massacre of Dresden where over 125,000 refugees were incinerated by 3,300 US and UK bombs?

They never talk about these things much. But when they do and questions are raised they never get jailed or called Anti-Semitic! You'd think the Jews were trying to hide something!

Certainly the bombing of Dresden is a much debated and discussed event that is intensely discussed. 1.7 million POWs and civilians died in American Death camps? Really? That's a wild accusation.

The Soviets were notoriously brutal and their genocidal acts were also well documented including systemic rape and murder and torture.

I edited my post with links!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dorrell

The Eisenhower-ran-death-camps-for-POWS story is just that - a story. Yes, the POW camps were badly run, because no-one expected the German army to collapse the way that it did in the Ruhr Pocket. Yes, POWs died. But not in the millions.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yeah. I see a little story there that is high on hyperbole but empty of facts or evidence. A lot of "Zionist" accusations against Ike which makes it sound like a Stormfront propaganda blog. Americans killing 1.7 million POWs and civilians after the war would have left a hell of a lot of evidence but that link provides none, especially for that claim. Certainly Ike wrote he hated Germans, as did a lot of GI's after the war, but there is no evidence of such an atrocity provided.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Your links are from Rense.com. That's not a site that deals with many facts. Half a million people did not die at Dresden. It was more like 20,000 people - which is bad enough as it is.
edit on 13-6-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

There's no case to make for Holocaust deniers, other than the fact that they tend to be a filthy little bunch of anti-Semitic liars who pounce on what they see as 'inconsistencies' that don't actually exist.

Ok, so lets see....

Soap made from humans = Uh erm.......A Hoax.

Lampshades made from human skin = Uh erm........A Hoax.

Gas chambers at Dachau = Uh erm........A Hoax.

4.5 million died at Auschwitz = Uh erm......False.

1.6 million died at Majdanek = Uh erm....A Hoax.

Gas chambers made to look like showers at Majdanek = Uh erm.......A Hoax.

All for propaganda

Also, The Archaeological scans and excavations at Treblinka are very recent, yet as seen in the video in my earlier post... not all is as proclaimed.

And you wonder why some still question this event !

And in respect to your sig....No I would say it is only the gullible that blindly accept a history written by the winners.

edit on 13-6-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Your links for from Rense.com. That's not a site that deals with many facts. Half a million people did not die at Dresden. It was more like 20,000 people - which is bad enough as it is.

I saw the documentary on the Eisenhower Death Camps.

Some nasty stuff the Americans did. The Rense website is not the only one to repeat about Eisenhower's Holocaust. There are plenty others that go into details. Others that post FACTS!!

But the Eisenhower Holocaust did exist and they did kill and let starve over a million Germans. The Dresden Holocaust did exist and nearly 500,000 innocent people were Fire Bombed by the US and UK.

These are facts but these are facts that can be talked about and or questioned. Try doing that about the Jewish Holocaust and you jailed and or marked with silly names! Hence it is more questionable. After the Jewish Holocaust they got their Israel and anyone that gives them any grief for murdering Palestinians is reminded of the Holocaust. That's when the cry that THEY are the victims!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

There's no case to make for Holocaust deniers, other than the fact that they tend to be a filthy little bunch of anti-Semitic liars who pounce on what they see as 'inconsistencies' that don't actually exist.

Ok, so lets see....

Soap made from humans = Uh erm.......A Hoax.

Lampshades made from human skin = Uh erm........A Hoax.

Gas chambers at Dachau = Uh erm........A Hoax.

4.5 million died at Auschwitz = Uh erm......False.

1.6 million died at Majdanek = Uh erm....A Hoax.

Gas chambers made to look like showers at Majdanek = Uh erm.......A Hoax.

Also, The Archaeological scans and excavations at Treblinka are very recent, yet as seen in the video in my earlier post... not all is as proclaimed.

And you wonder why why some still question this event !....and in respect to your sig....No I would say it is only the gullible that blindly accept a history written by the winners.

Erm, soap made from human fat - happened. It happened on a very small scale, but it happened. Parts of the rest of your list are valid, but have to be placed in context - a lot of wild rumours (human skin lampshades, etc) were circulated after the war, along with a lot of estimates as to who died where. We've since been able to narrow the focus, get a lot more proof and - guess what? The Holocaust still happened. Around six million still died.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

No. Half a million people did not die at Dresden. The higher estimates of the death toll at Dresden are based on Tagesbefehl No. 47, a forged version of the casualty report that came out of the Goebbels propaganda ministry. Even David Irving has admitted that TB47 is worthless.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No. Half a million people did not die at Dresden. The higher estimates of the death toll at Dresden are based on Tagesbefehl No. 47, a forged version of the casualty report that came out of the Goebbels propaganda ministry. Even David Irving has admitted that TB47 is worthless.

Ok I have done some more looking and yes you are right. David Irving said in his 1963 book The Destruction of Dresden that it was 135,000. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a Holocaust!

It's the same as the Jewish Holocaust. Those numbers of dead Jews were false too!

So I stand corrected on that one but not on the Eisenhower Holocaust.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Ok I have done some more looking and yes you are right. David Irving said in his 1963 book The Destruction of Dresden that it was 135,000. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a Holocaust!

It's the same as the Jewish Holocaust. Those numbers of dead Jews were false too!

There is a great deal of evidence to prove that the Holocaust happened. There is no evidence that the so-called Eisenhower holocaust happened.

(post by Dorrell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

There is a great deal of evidence to prove that the Holocaust happened. There is no evidence that the so-called Eisenhower holocaust happened.

So your an Eisenhower Holocaust Denier? Shame on you!

Well there's no evidence to say that 6 Million Jews died in that Holocaust. That figure is just pure Propaganda!

Erm, there's so much evidence for the Holocaust that I barely know where to start. A huge number of books for a start. As for the Eisenhower death camps, there's no evidence for that at all - just a book that was exposed as a fraud 25 years ago.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
we do not have freedom of speech on ats anymore?
i do not deny anything, i do not deny there was no hol0caust, i do not deny there was.

but i DO question everything, and its a damn shame if we are not allowed to question the many myths of w2. MANY.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

The victim card? You are lucky that we are not face to face right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
we do not have freedom of speech on ats anymore?
i do not deny anything, i do not deny there was no hol0caust, i do not deny there was.

but i DO question everything, and its a damn shame if we are not allowed to question the many myths of w2. MANY.

There have been a large number of Holocaust threads on this site and many of the same claims have been thrown around on them. The result has been that the Mods take a very dim view of Holocaust deniers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join