It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who MADE UP entire bestselling holocaust memoir is forced to pay back $22.5 million

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Why would it be illegal to question, or investigate claims surrounding anything? This is the only thing that I know of that is illegal to question. Very strange why us regular folk can't talk about it. I noticed that some people also get vicious if WWII is dissected and questioned. I don't get it. The truth should have nothing to fear. I don't deny that a lot of different people were taken prisoner and held in camps or even murdered during war time.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. -Voltaire

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If this woman has been sued for writing a book saying it was the truth when it wasn't then why hasn't Steven Spielberg been sued as well? He has made many movies on stories of the Holocaust claiming they were true but many of the stories have been proven to be false. For example the movie Schindler's list according to Emilie Schindler the movie was packed with lies.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
my guess would be like what happened with "Burnie Madoff with the loot"
or solsinitzen's (SP?) book about the pogroms and who ran them :
the right palms were not greased, or their agendas were not served

edit on Tueam5b20145America/Chicago48 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueam5b20145America/Chicago39 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss
This is just one reason I am glad my Grandfather was stuck in the pacific theatre during WW2.
He did not come home with any dramatic stories of freeing jew slaves or ovens and gas chambers that had not been built yet.
He just came home with stories of getting drunk with his buddies and repairing more planes than was humanly possible.
I'm pretty sure none of his stories were crowd induced lies.

On another note, Monkeyboy is correct when he says there may be free speech in the US but not here on ATS.
The thing to remember is your rights end where theirs begin. It may be your chalk, but it is still their board.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I see that the Holocaust deniers have arrived. Typical.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

I knew it since the first day i heard of the woman. Someone who truly did live with wolves like she pretended would NEVER adapt to such a defect society as we live in. But not only that, it seems inconceivable that such an individual could watch any wolves behind bars like in zoos or protected area. Common sense sometimes is enough.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
I see that the Holocaust deniers have arrived. Typical.

Please, do add to the conversation.
I have already stated that a holocaust did happen, however it did not go down like one group of liars would have liked it to, in fact they were not even the majority of the killed.
Please add some fact, in short... Don't be the problem, be a part of the solution.
The OP is just pointing out that more and more we are discovering one of the greatest lies ever put on us.
ATS is an excellent platform to show the truth dontcha think?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: boymonkey74
Interesting thing ehh?
Does this mean this woman's lie cannot be reported on in other countries??
It is a form of denial.
There was a holocaust for sure, millions of folks died.
Problem is, the jews hijacked the victim card and have played it since.
Just what all of the hologram/caust stories were as fake as this womans??

Diffrence between a fraudster and complete holacaust denial.

And yes I too get sick of some jews hjacking it and makeing it primary about them when so many other groups suffered too along side them.

Still people with agenders aside it still happened and many groups suffered.

This. That some unscrupulous people have committed fraud for personal gain and others try to wrrap themselves in it to support some sort of agenda does not in any way indicate that the holocaust was a hoax.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I find that debating with people who are ignorant enough to deny the Holocaust is a bad idea. I tend to get very, very angry.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I find that debating with people who are ignorant enough to deny the Holocaust is a bad idea. I tend to get very, very angry.

I am not looking for debate, I look for proof.
Please add some!!!
I thought I added several times that I do NOT deny that a holocaust happened.

I have already stated that a holocaust did happen

See.
I am simply stating that more and more lies about this holocaust are being dragged screaming into the light of day.
Why do you get angry about truth coming out?
I think that is called cognitive dissonance?? Is that the right phrase?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Damn.

People are insane. Why on earth would you make that crap up? Start selling off everything lady. Your grave stone will have a drop box for bills and final notices.

edit on 5 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Well, what about the bible then? They push that as truth but have no proof.

cheap shot at religion? Ok.

While the "proof" of God is not there and the evidence is circumstantial according to your criteria, the historicity of the bible is not based on the premise of God existing or not. The places, events and people most certainly existed.

It is actually a really foolish thing you just said.

It could have been worded differently so as to remain valid but I will not offer up that correction. I rather enjoy cheap shots. They are the weight that people of faith sit back and watch as they take their toll on ignorant comments against our culture.

edit on 5 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

I am not looking for debate, I look for proof.
Please add some!!!
I thought I added several times that I do NOT deny that a holocaust happened.

I have already stated that a holocaust did happen

See.
I am simply stating that more and more lies about this holocaust are being dragged screaming into the light of day.
Why do you get angry about truth coming out?
I think that is called cognitive dissonance?? Is that the right phrase?

Because the truth is already out there! I have nothing but contempt for this woman, who lied. But her lies are a small molehill next to the mountain of evidence - sworn testimony, evidence on the ground, aerial photographs, Geophysics, deciphered intercepts, the actual messages telling of the slaughter themselves, the remains of the buildings, the plans of the buildings themselves, the diaries... It's a vast and terrible amount of proof. It resulted in the humiliating defeat of David Irving when he sued Deborah Lipstadt.
Not one serious historian (Irving isn't an historian, he's a liar) doubts the Holocaust. Not one. That's good enough for me.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Silly woman.
I don't think many survivors from that time have lied and maybe this is a one off.
Couldn't she have just made it a work of fiction? I bet she has spent a good deal of that money already..

Nup...

Angel at the fence

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ken10

*cough* also

Moishe Peer

Definitely not a "one off" as someone put earlier.

You know, upon further contemplation, I am appalled that ATS admins would propagate the ill-conceived slogan Deny Ignorance when "ignorance" is often speculative and a subjectively used term here. Essentially anyone can be accused of being ignorant, as shown in this thread, when feelings get involved.

Proper example, from a poster above:

I get so very very angry when anyone questions what I believe in!

Is this poster now going to espouse the slogan "Deny Ignorance" unto us? It would seem appropriate, no? At least to her/him.

A proper slogan for ATS would be something that encourages a pursuit of understanding, the revealing of truth, not the aggressive pursuit of damning anyone for their curiosity or experiences. We certainly do not damn the Jewish people, even when some of their claims turn out to be bogus, do we? Indeed, we do something incredibly ironic and hypocritical. We damn anyone who dares to question them.

Indeed it is sadly true when we repeat what political correctness tells us: Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I submit that ATS needs a new slogan. One that does not shame the individual for asking questions. One that does not encourage the pseudo-skeptic to care only for debunking, and discarding evidence that does not suit his bias, bias which should not have any place within the attempt to investigate and seek truth at all.

A far better slogan for ATS would be: Truth does not fear investigation.

Does anyone disagree? Or is anyone actually so unwilling to have their claim investigated that they must have you imprisoned for asking a simple question? And why would anyone fear investigation if they are so utterly convinced by "facts" which they are often unprepared to put forward?

If someone's retort is that they simply do not wish to repeat what has been said 1000x times before, this only means they are not prepared to defend "facts" which may have been disproven 1000x before. So why bother posting an angry retort at all? Just to show your displeasure at someone refuting what you believe? Without actually defending your argument, one would stand on upon an old and disproven argument and claim victory? Preposterous.

Again, Truth does not fear investigation.

edit on 13-5-2014 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Doesn't mean it didn't happen though does it just because some idiots thought they could make a buck.
(Not calling you a denier btw).

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Bible followers are over a billion and have chosen to be lied to.

BLASPHEMA!!!
It'll be hell fire and sharp pointy pokers up the bum for you!!!

LOL

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Actually, we damn bigots.

We damn those who see jews as sub-human

We damn those who apparently approve of the actions of the Nazi's during WW2 in their attempt to eradicate the jewish population.

We damn people who apparently have no problem with the historical record from WW2 unless it mentions jewish people (and only jewish people), in which case they deem it to be a lie.

We damn those people who cannot differentiate between the actions of an admitted fantasist and the historical accounts from survivors, witness testimonies, photographs and confessions of the people who perpetrated some of the crimes against humanity.

We damn those people who - for some reason - can operate a computer and post on ATS but somehow feign ignorance of why there are holocaust denial laws in certain countries when there are countless research tools on the internet that will provide an explanation for them, and their historical context.

Those things are the ignorance we wish to deny.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
if they begin to sue every holocaust liar out there... hey wait... theres a new industry blooming there!!!!

All those billions and billions there, for almost 70 years quiet, just waiting to be made...

EDIT: so we got the nazi hunters, and now we got the holocaust-liars hunters... well... if this was math... math would say that the result would be 0. So... what is the truth exactly? hm?
edit on 14-5-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: originally posted by: neformore

Who doesn't damn bigots? I've seen no such thing in this thread yet, have you?

We damn those who see jews as sub-human

Same as above. I haven't seen anyone calling Jews sub-human on ATS. Where are you drawing your accusations from? 1940's propaganda?

We damn those who apparently approve of the actions of the Nazi's during WW2 in their attempt to eradicate the jewish population.

No one here is approving of Nazi Germany's actions, and your claim that they wanted to eradicate the Jewish population is purely speculative, likely garnered from a lifetime of indoctrination. If you're going to make speculative accusations, at least be prepared to defend your opinion with evidence that it might be readily disputed with facts. Unless you're of the variety that enjoys to fall back upon the 'beaten horse' premise that you do not need to justify your accusation because someone else, somewhere, has already presented the already defeated argument you propose.

We damn people who apparently have no problem with the historical record from WW2 unless it mentions jewish people (and only jewish people), in which case they deem it to be a lie.

But the historical record DOES include Jewish people and no one has ever refuted that they were involved in the genocide.

We damn those people who cannot differentiate between the actions of an admitted fantasist and the historical accounts from survivors, witness testimonies, photographs and confessions of the people who perpetrated some of the crimes against humanity.

Perhaps you are confused and cannot differentiate yourself, the stories of survivors and the actions of the German people during WWII. Crimes against Humanity were committed towards ALL people, not just Jewish people.

We damn those people who - for some reason - can operate a computer and post on ATS but somehow feign ignorance of why there are holocaust denial laws in certain countries when there are countless research tools on the internet that will provide an explanation for them, and their historical context.

There is no justification for Holocaust Denial Laws, in any country, regardless of what you feel. Countless research tools on the internet will neither justify an excuse for the denial of freedom of speech, and I find it ironic you think another nation's laws are relevant on an American website. If you wish to outlaw free speech on ATS, by all means, spend a moment more on explaining why and a moment less averting responsibility, delegating it to someone or something else. Otherwise your opinion is moot and best kept to yourself.

Those things are the ignorance we wish to deny.

The ignorance you wish to deny. Apparently any opinion you disagree with is something you wish to deny. Before you accuse anyone of "thought crimes" I suggest you educate yourself further. There's a whole internet out there for you to do so, but I suspect you're simply being intentionally naive and only seek to pretend to follow the narrative set forth for you.

Deny Ignorance indeed. You've turned into a cliche, and a weapon to try and stifle dissent. Good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join