It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen billion years of cosmic evolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Looking at it, it almost looks like we're living inside the brain of God , if I may fantasize about that? knowing that this probably never ends and that there are multi-verses out there in other Dimensions.

on the right are brains

Like , if we are some part of this huge super alien being's braincell living on our own tiny world with billions of questions of what our purpose could be , and want to travel between spaces . Lets hope if we do we are not that stroke that travels around ?

I do think that many things comes in pares . It's encoded in nature to mirror the things out there to compare what we see on earth. From calm to chaos and all the magnificent and destructive force that comes with it.

But I find it amazing that they managed to bring thirteen billion years of cosmic evolution into this 3dimensional map very impressive.

Move over, Matrix - astronomers have done you one better. They have created the first realistic virtual universe using a computer simulation called "Illustris." Illustris can recreate 13 billion years of cosmic evolution in a cube 350 million light-years on a side with unprecedented resolution.

I couldn't find something about this topic, sorry if it had already been posted but I thought some would like it..

Harvard Smithsonian

Illustris explorer

Peace

edit on 0b51America/ChicagoMon, 12 May 2014 17:32:51 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 12 May 2014 17:32:51 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Simply amazing and that's just with current technology. The detail is amazing, imagine when we can simulate down to organic life and we can just zoom right in and check out the local life that will have free will yet bound to rules set by us. It could tell us a lot about what else might be out there. Maybe one day our little sims will create their own sims and then look up to find us.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
It doesn't really look like that, so brain of God comparisons saying this is what it looks like are ignorant. The illustration makes dark matter visible, and not only is it not visible, it doesn't even interact with matter, except gravitationally.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Earth is actually an advanced super-computer currently computing the question to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

That was just metaphorically speaking . The structure looks like brains to me.. so if I only could imagine who could have such big brains it should be god . But it's not that thread to discuss faith .. maybe I shouldn't use that word,it just popped my mind

But ignorant on what part ? And it looks like you're not amused the way they displayed this simulation?
edit on 0b57America/ChicagoMon, 12 May 2014 18:29:57 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 12 May 2014 18:29:57 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lemmin

42?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lemmin
It does have some sort of holographic imagery to it... but I do hope we are not living TRON out here

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'll have to come back to this thread. The video is interesting but slow towards the end, and I had to lose the music about half a minute into it when I realized it wasn't going away.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I do know they made dark matter visible in the simulation, which is not visible. However as I commented in the original thread on this topic here:

New universe simulation supports Big Bang and theories of universal evolution

One of the experts they cited said the simulations of galaxy shapes may not be as realistic as we are led to believe, but there's not much elaboration on his comment. But I don't remember seeing brain cell comparisons in any of the source materials, plus I don't even see the resemblance in the comparison photo in the OP. I have seen a resemblance in other photos of similar simulations though, where the comparison comments the universe looks like brain cells, which is ignorant because the comparison photo of the universe doesn't show what the universe really looks like, among other reasons.

edit on 12-5-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Dark matter is not visible to us, yes, but it doesn't mean it's not visible at all.

Plus they are able to measure the effects of dark matter enough to show that it gives the universe this structure... We are only adding visible characteristics to it so we can get a sense of what it looks like... and wouldn't you know, it happens to look uncannily like a neuron.

I don't quite understand what's ignorant about that.

edit on 12-5-2014 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
galaxy's are talking to each other.

what they say? good luck with finding out.

and what we know about this crap is NOTHING!

lol, who's stupid idea is current?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

Dark matter is not visible to us, yes, but it doesn't mean it's not visible at all.

Plus they are able to measure the effects of dark matter enough to show that it gives the universe this structure... We are only adding visible characteristics to it so we can get a sense of what it looks like... and wouldn't you know, it happens to look uncannily like a neuron.

why not say, "God did it?"

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Looking at the start of this video . It seems that
At the beginning of the video they refer to the matrix?
IMO it looks they are saying look at the pattern. . Remember Morpheus " you have to see pattern to realize nothing is what seems to be.. now that's movie talk , but I wonder if we see patterns through measurable science and ad a little spirituality the signs could be clear that we looking at a mirror of life..?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If the universe is the brain of God, the Almighty must be a very, very slow thinker.

It would take something like 93 billion years for His thoughts to get from one end of His brain to the other.

Also, my thanks to arbitrageur for linking to my own earlier thread on the Illustris simulation.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
If the universe is the brain of God, the Almighty must be a very, very slow thinker.

It would take something like 93 billion years for His thoughts to get from one end of His brain to the other.

If I may play devils advocate here- What are you assuming a thought is made of to be able to make such a statement? How long does it take one of our thoughts to travel across our brain? Are you basing this off the speed of light?

Time is relative, isn't it? Perhaps 93 billion years on a time scale that doesn't use "years" as a metric is quite fast....

"Years" is only a human derived construct for measuring time, based on the revolutions of our earth around our sun. It's relative to how we experience time and means nothing from a universal stand point. We are so small we are practically invisible, like particles are to us. So even a billion of our years "feels" like an eternity. A year on the universal time scale, however, could be equivalent to what an attosecond is for us, for all we know. Which would mean a very sharp mind

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

What are you assuming a thought is made of to be able to make such a statement?

Something material.

We're discussing a comparison between two material objects, aren't we? If God needs a material brain to think with, He must think material thoughts.

Are you basing this off the speed of light?

Ultimately, but most of the implied physical speed limits would be a lot slower than that.

Perhaps 93 billion years on a time scale that doesn't use "years" as a metric is quite fast.

How's he going to hear and answer all our prayers, then?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

why not say, "God did it?"

Because that's jumping to conclusions and not very scientific.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

What are you assuming a thought is made of to be able to make such a statement?

Something material.

Thoughts are material? In what sense?
In what scenario would we be able to physically hold a thought in our hands, or cut open your brain so a bunch of thoughts come pouring out?

PhotonEffect
Perhaps 93 billion years on a time scale that doesn't use "years" as a metric is quite fast.

Astyanax
How's he going to hear and answer all our prayers, then?

Oh brother, I don't really care about all of that.
Do you disagree with the fact that time is relative? Just trying to understand the basis for your assertions...

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Thoughts are material? In what sense?

In the sense that they need a material substrate to manifest themselves.

Do you disagree with the fact that time is relative?

My feeling about time is that it is an artefact of the human constitution, not an essential attribute of the universe. But that is neither here nor there: we are proceeding by analogy here ('a universe looks like a brain' — though of course, it really doesn't), and by that line of reasoning, God needs a material brain to think with.

Spinozan pantheism doesn't posit an interventionist God, but that is the only kind of God that needs to do any thinking. If you study your position carefully you will realize the contradiction in it.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I love threads like this.

The numbers are just mind blowing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join