It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there soo many Fatal police shootings??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I just heard about yet another fatal police shooting in my area...

Dude wouldn't drop a shovel when police told him to... so they shot him

This is way out of hand all over the world!!

I have just one question...

What the hell happened to shooting said person in the leg IF shooting someone is necessary??

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I agree but they are trained to kill not wound someone.
A shovel? good god a taser or pepper spray would have sorted this out.
To me yes If they guy is armed with a gun shoot em but a hand weapon? nah we don't have to shoot all the guys with knives and stuff in the UK, they get sprayed and tazed.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Cops gunned down a 17 year old on a bus in Toronto last year...

The kid had a 3 inch knife, and they shot him 9 times... the cop was charged, but got suspended with pay...

Just recently the charges were dropped on the p....i mean cop, and hes back on the job

Basically he got a paid vacation for murder...

This crap has got to stop

edit on 12-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

What the hell happened to shooting said person in the leg IF shooting someone is necessary??

I asked that a while back on ats, and I got shot with "When faced with a dangerous person you shoot to kill, or risk being killed yourself"

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I agree but they are trained to kill not wound someone.
A shovel? good god a taser or pepper spray would have sorted this out.
To me yes If they guy is armed with a gun shoot em but a hand weapon? nah we don't have to shoot all the guys with knives and stuff in the UK, they get sprayed and tazed.

I agree with the monkey boy. There are less than lethal weapons at an officers disposal.

If you point a gun at a cop and the cop shoots and kills you then too bad.

If you point a shovel at a cop and said cop shoots and kills you then I think we have a serious problem folks.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Akragon

I asked that a while back on ats, and I got shot with "When faced with a dangerous person you shoot to kill, or risk being killed yourself"

Ya but whats a guy with a shovel gonna do?

Toss dirt at them?

I could disarm a guy with a shovel... IF a cop can't he shouldn't be a cop

edit on 12-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If somebody came at you with a knife or a shovel, do you think they could inflict serious physical harm?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I have faced people with baseball bats, knives and glass bottles and glasses when I ran pubs, I didn't need any weapon to defend myself and others.
If the guy was scared of a guy with a shovel he shouldn't be police.

EDIT: great minds eh? Akragon

edit on 12-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Someone could beat the crap out of you with a shovel.

I don't think the cop needed to kill the guy. Why didn't he taser him or bust out the night stick?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bringmecoffee
If somebody came at you with a knife or a shovel, do you think they could inflict serious physical harm?

of course they could....

but they do have other means of dealing with said person...

Shooting the person isn't necessary...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I agree but they are trained to kill not wound someone. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this the case for all of PD's?? I thought they did get trained to shot to stop?
My old man is in the Border Patrol, since retired, but I have had plenty of SOP talks with him and he was always taught to shot to stop and if that fails then shoot to kill.

It would be a shame if they are just teaching shoot to kill

edit on thMon, 12 May 2014 17:25:04 -0500America/Chicago520140480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Of course they could but is that a reason to kill the person?

Are police trained to kill or restrain?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The cop shot him because he knew full well that he would get away with it. The getting away with it has to stop. Where are all the District Attorneys when this happens? Do the police unions have them all under their spell?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Are all Canadian police armed? btw.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I am not sure if you are defending the cop that shot that guy, but if you are then it is part of the reason this continues...

Seems like more and more people are ok with cops killing people for what they might do or what the cops thought he could have done.

Let them create the fear and everyone follows along

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hell yes...

But they carry a gun because they're rude... they just have to say please to get what they want

C'mon this is Canada ffs...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I have faced people with baseball bats, knives and glass bottles and glasses when I ran pubs, I didn't need any weapon to defend myself and others.

I wasn't saying they should shoot people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akrogon asked the question

I was repeating the answer that I got when I asked the same question. I thought that was obvious?

edit on 12-5-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If a firearm is used, it is used to bring lethal force. A bullet does damage ya know. Shooting to wound doesn't exist. Putting a bullet into a body is always potentially fatal is it not?
As far as an officers judgement as to what threat is worthy of lethal force? That's a good topic for debate I suppose. However, as far as shooting a hollow point bullet into a human just to wound them isn't how it works.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I know dude just answering what people have told you

Sorry for the misunderstanding void

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I wasn't saying they should shoot people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akrogon asked the question

I was repeating the answer that I got when I asked the same question. I thought that was obvious?

Shooting them in the leg isn't potentially lethal? You can bleed out from your femoral artery pretty darn quick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join