It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. confirms second case of MERS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One world, one love - let's get together and we'll feel alright.

U.S. confirms second case of MERS

CHICAGO/ORLANDO (Reuters) - U.S. health officials confirmed the country's second case of MERS, a deadly virus first discovered in the Middle East, and said the patient was in good condition in an Orlando, Florida hospital.

The patient, 44, is a healthcare worker who lives and works in Saudi Arabia and traveled to the United States to visit relatives. He was admitted to the Dr. P. Phillips Hospital in Orlando on May 9.

The case is the second "imported" instance of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS, reaching U.S. soil. The first case was confirmed late last month in Indiana, raising fears about the global spread of the virus that has no treatment and kills about one-third of infected patients.

The two cases are not related, said Dr Anne Schuchat, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I just saw this on my local news. As the CDC is in Atlanta, and the second reported case changed flights while traveling through Atlanta.

I hope they get a handle on this fast.

Des

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
With all the people traveling all over the world, it is surprising this isn't worse. I wonder how long before they start limiting travel. Probably after it is too late, maybe that is the plan.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This has been posted here.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit - Please comment on existing thread this thread is closed.

LOL (Joking.)
edit on 12-5-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thanks I'm an hour away from Orlando time to break out the outbreak suit...a reply to: soficrow

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The two cases they've found in the US, they have cured.... Right? At least that's what I got out of the news,the hospitals let them leave, so they must have been cured......so ....if they can cure it, then is the issue not enough vaccine, or antibiotics? ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

The 2nd case was just diagnosed - not cured yet. The 1st patient was released after treatment. ...fyi - antibiotics do not work against viruses. Check out the MERS Watch thread for more info.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity
This has been posted here.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

join