It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Been Experiencing Jehovah's Witness "Programming Glitches"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermanning
Jehovah's Witnesses don't do anything with a cross as they don't believe he died on a cross but rather a stake with his hands above his head nailed to a stake. When they baptize you, they just dunk you underwater and bring you back up.

a reply to: LittleByLittle

they're actually correct on this matter...

that's exactly how Jesus was executed... the cross is an adaption of pagan influences...

Theres nothing in the texts that indicate he was nailed to a cross...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: supermanning

I sort of do the same thing, too. I'm not really ever on Facebook. I'm mostly researching this or that. I kind of meant "wasting your time" the way the older generation says that the younger generation wastes their time on the internet no matter if they're increasing their fund of knowledge. I also meant it in the sense of being on the internet instead of doing something worthwhile for a living. I'm very much a procrastinator, and because of schizophrenia, have a problem with motivation. I'm an excellent writer, but I'm absolutely terrified of earning a living with it. I hope that the medicine can address the motivation aspect of the illness in the future, but right now it only helps with hallucinations and delusions.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And I think that that's why so many people get snookered into the organization, that is because they mix a little bit of truth with falsity. The truth is that they are absolute magicians at accurately interpreting the Bible. But the falsity is that they base their entire religion on something that is false; the Bible! As much research as the higher-ups of the organization has done, I can't believe that their research always tells them that the Bible, as it exists now, is a fact.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: supermanning
Jehovah's Witnesses don't do anything with a cross as they don't believe he died on a cross but rather a stake with his hands above his head nailed to a stake. When they baptize you, they just dunk you underwater and bring you back up.

a reply to: LittleByLittle

they're actually correct on this matter...

that's exactly how Jesus was executed... the cross is an adaption of pagan influences...

Theres nothing in the texts that indicate he was nailed to a cross...

Yes there is. The gospel explicitly says that the romans made him carry his cross to the site of his crucifixion. It doesn't say they made him carry a tree or a spike or a pole. We know from non-biblical sources that this was fairly standard procedure during roman crucifixions, and victims were often forced to carry the cross bar through public areas on their way to be crucified as a method of publicly shaming them.

John 19:17 So he then handed Him over to them to be crucified. 17They took Jesus, therefore, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha. 18There they crucified Him, and with Him two other men, one on either side, and Jesus in between

Matthew 27:32 As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross.

Mark 15:21 A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross.

As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus.

Luke 23:26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus.

Additionally, the earliest known depiction of Jesus on the cross is the Alexamenos Graffito. This isn't even from a Christian source, and is actually graffiti making a mockery of Christians (yet still depicts Jesus on a cross, and not a stake). It dates from the 3rd century at the latest.

We also have archaeological evidence for crucifixion which indicates a cross was used (although in this particular case, the victims arms were tied to the cross bar and not nailed to it).

The entire JW position of a stake is based off the greek word Stauros which can be interpreted as a stake or pole, but doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't a crossbar. It's thought that Romans would either use a crossbar in conjunction with a tree, or a pole, and re-use the site (thus making the crossbar the most efficient way of doing things by simply hanging it on a pre-existing structure).
edit on 12-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
trying to recrute, while claiming that only 500 000 will be allowed into heaven!
is this another kind of glitch?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I only know what the Jehovah's Witnesses mention -- precisely what you mention about stauros. But I sometimes get tired of defending a faith that really hasn't done anything for me. Absolutely nothing for my true spirituality.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I only know what the Jehovah's Witnesses mention -- precisely what you mention about stauros. But I sometimes get tired of defending a faith that really hasn't done anything for me. Absolutely nothing for my true spirituality.

Can't say I blame you. I really do feel for you and I hope you can find a way to get yourself out of that situation. Obviously it's tough since everyone you know is in that church, but it's obvious to me that you have outgrown it spiritually and you are looking for more out of life. Who can fault you for that?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think you should get out. You don't sound happy at all.

The last tome i was visited by JWs, they sent a child...a 6 year old boy to our door. How we pretended so hard to be gone, that the house was empty except vfor the dogs

Never liked them at all, JW, no offense

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Exactly. The Latin Vulgate (which is what the King James was translated from) said Stauros which means stake in english. This is why muslims all learn Arabic no matter where they are from because there is not a misunderstanding due to words not equaling up due to a translation/language barrier. Hell, the JWs within the last 10 years have come up with another "New World" Order translation of the bible as if the more they screw with it, the more accurate it will be. I am 100% with you when you say it has done nothing for you spiritually. I have an insatiable desire to learn about truth and their version of it is so compartmentalized and I'm sick of compartmentalization of the human race. My family walks around with their noses in the air as if they are jews and the rest of the world are goyim and I'm sick of it. Just more divide and conquer. The internet is the best tool for knowledge that mankind has ever had. Use it to find god, not a religion, and like minded people to call friends and family. That's what I've had to do.
a reply to: [post=17914534]brazenalderpadrescorpio[/post

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Watch this, Ahmed Deedat is a genius of the bible and the quran.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yes there is. The gospel explicitly says that the romans made him carry his cross to the site of his crucifixion. It doesn't say they made him carry a tree or a spike or a pole.

Considering you know the word that's actually used, which is not Cross... its stake.... I think you might want to reconsider that position...

We know from non-biblical sources that this was fairly standard procedure during roman crucifixions, and victims were often forced to carry the cross bar through public areas on their way to be crucified as a method of publicly shaming them.

Except... again, theres no mention of a cross or a cross bar... He carried a wooden pole to his execution...

Additionally, the earliest known depiction of Jesus on the cross is the Alexamenos Graffito. This isn't even from a Christian source, and is actually graffiti making a mockery of Christians (yet still depicts Jesus on a cross, and not a stake). It dates from the 3rd century at the latest.

Right... 300 years after the fact...

We also have archaeological evidence for crucifixion which indicates a cross was used (although in this particular case, the victims arms were tied to the cross bar and not nailed to it).

Actually no... we have archaeological evidence of a stake being used... Not a cross

Look up the crucifixion heel... It dates close to the 1st century, if not in the actual first century...

www.english.imjnet.org.il...

The Spike was nailed through the side of the heel exactly how he would have been executed... not through the top of the feet like you'll see in Christian art work...

there IS actual physical evidence of how they executed people by crucifixion in the first century... but theres NO evidence of any cross being used within the gospels...

No cross bar mentioned... Nothing...

Its completely obvious he was nailed to a stake not a cross...

edit on 12-5-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You are extremely correct in the control mechanisms being played here - there is a difference between black and white thinking and thinking based on real cause-and-effect, which can be more situational.

I like your thread, I have been studying this phenomenon for half a decade in one way or another. The way that the programming works is that you are told to set a variable at a certain value and then are punished with resource shorting if you do not comply.

This tricks your mind into thinking that these are rules of the universe because if you don't follow them, you are socially ostracized or lose food or whatever else it is.

The programming does not have to be consistent, it only needs to be enforced. The glitches happen and are real because people are confused. A lot of times I have seen this kind of thing put people into trances.

I don't know what the goal of this kind of thing is, but it is counter-productive and fear-based, and in my opinion, unholy from what I learned about God in Sunday school before religions went insane.

-----

It is very dangerous thinking because it does not care about the realistic health and welfare of individuals or society, and it really doesn't care much for the spiritual well-being of individuals and society, either.

I don't know where they get the justifications for any of their laws and rules, but it is likely channeling, which either means from demons (who could be impersonating whomever) or uneducated and inexperienced people making rules they have no business making.

-----

You might be surprised, but I bet that a lot of what Jehova's Witnesses say are not valid statements, definitely not sound arguments.

On a more positive note, I think that a good goal is to have a community with values that are most in line with the universe - in other words, the community should be willing to change their values when faced with evidence.

This is because there are definite advantages to having a community - but not if it is totalitarian and doesn't listen to reason.
edit on 12pmMon, 12 May 2014 23:50:12 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Great words. I dated a Jehova's Witness female before and found out that they are not allowed to question their man or think. It was scary.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

do your masters back at your joho camp know that you participating in a free thinking website ?or are just being a naughty boy/girl?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

One of the things that I enjoyed, especially at first, is that it taught me a lot about the Bible (whether scholars differ on some finer points or not). But like you said, I feel like I've definitely outgrown it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Yeah, I always get the feeling that I'm bothering the person on the other side of the door. A lot of times they are rude to us, but I think that I would be too if weren't ready for us.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Become mormon, they have there "crap" together when it comes to a stable indoctrinated community and don't display fake forms of friendship.

but when it comes to spirituality, you wont find the truth there either no matter there convictions. If you want to find your own spirituality then meditate and pray to god, whether you believe Jesus and God are two separate entities or one. The source still exists. Pray, cry and think then move on and you will find yourself.
edit on 13-5-2014 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that you remember how the Witnesses would talk about how spiritually stupid the householder was between doors. I just say, 'Yeah, whatever', basically. I'm sick of it. If they only knew how stupid they sound. One thing is for sure, they definitely don't sound humble (which is what they preach they should be from the rooftops).

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I'll watch that later (it's a pretty long one). I might be going to sleep soon. I definitely will watch it, though. Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I remember that (a few months back) when I took my hiatus from ATS, I started back to thinking that what the organization taught was "the truth". So I took my break from ATS, mainly because when I set up my account here, I went all out and gave myself a name related to astrology. Lol. During this time one of the "brothers" was doing a serious number on me. He was severely programming me in the black and white. He was talking about how even the world has rules, he was going all out. He didn't realize it, but it instantly made me think of Fritz Springmeier. I think that that was one of the things that worked against them, and brought me back to my sanity.

I think that it goes without saying that it definitely doesn't hurt to educate yourself through different avenues. It really helped me snap out of it at that specific time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join