It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I truly believe that certain sections of the American people cannot function without hate. They create their enemies as a means to unify. This is evident with sailor here among others, that they choose to believe that the international community hates the American people as a whole and the ridiculous statement that the dislike of the Bush admin is just a scape goat. It seems this is what you want to believe, that the international community hates Americans, you WANT that. Regardless of it being false, you want to be hated. It motivates you. We pity you.

If it wasnt for the fact that the rest of the Amercan people, the majority, are a truly hospitable and very agreeable bunch of people, your paranoia and bitterness might be justified. Thank god it isnt.

I'm glad you think you know me so well cargo... I didn't realise I was a paranoid bitter American.

These sweeping generalizations are what make me bitter and angry...
These aren't things I want to believe... they are what I believe... and the proof is right here on ATS in almost every single thread I read!!!

Who the wants to be hated? Thats an absurd statement.

Looks like Infinite got what he wanted, he completely turned this thread from a debate into a slander fest by twisting the topic into something completely different.

Cheers

[edit on 1-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah it doesnt make sense at all really does it. It's baffling.

Read your above posts again for some A+ generalisations. What was that about the pot, the kettle and black?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
They aren't sweeping generalizations really. It is quite easy to read it and pluck it from your posts. It's ok. I know that yourself, your beloved President, and all of America are the victims here....LOL

Lukefj

PS. thank your president for stopping by Atlantic Canada to thank them for hosting all of the stranded American passengers during 9-11...he's only 3 years late, what a loser.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Maybe it just might be the wording. Hate is probably one the most if not the most powerful word to describe emotion. It is hard for me at least to truly hate anyone. Dislike sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj

PS. thank your president for stopping by Atlantic Canada to thank them for hosting all of the stranded American passengers during 9-11...he's only 3 years late, what a loser.

YEA......
Funny that no american mention that their Prez was in Canada for 2 days
I watch CNN last night and no mention of Bush in Canada....and our news was only about that
BTW lost Sailor I'm happy you finnally understand!!!!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Cargo!!!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Yes.. I think it did... how is protecting other countries from communism a bad thing?

take it the whole red scare thing aint gone yet. youd think after 80+ years of it you would stop being scared.
you had no buisness being there but you still went.

You know we had that war won until people like Kerry, Fonda, etc. villified it (for lack of better words)

what?
you fighting against a force which didnt operate on the same level as you and was a larger less trained ill admit but still much larger force. this force knew the terrain and had tactics that cost you for every foot.
also the vietcong was an american invention as well which i though was stupid.

Look in on it... you may learn something... but it isn't something you wanna here right?

also you might notice how this war would have cost a hell of a lot of lives and money for no reason.
just because i dont want to hear it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

You know we had that war won until people like Kerry, Fonda, etc. villified it (for lack of better words)

what?
you fighting against a force which didnt operate on the same level as you and was a larger less trained ill admit but still much larger force. this force knew the terrain and had tactics that cost you for every foot.
also the vietcong was an american invention as well which i though was stupid.

The Vietnamese were great gurilla warfare fighters. No doubt about it. Just take a look at the lengths they went through to build all that labyrinth of unbelievably extensive tunnel system. Yowza.

Rules of engagement for airpower were absolutely absurd. Dad told me of flying North and having to loiter over the harbor while arms were unloaded............Couldnt sink the ship.........NOOOOOOOOO had to take out the truck. Jeeze

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

BTW I accept other peoples views... I have a hard time accepting yours though because you are an extremist with a very closed mind... you preach tolerance and unity... but only if they agree with you.

Yes, im an extremist
please dont make me laugh, my sides are really hurting
So i dont expect other peoples views eh? how come im FSME then for the NWO??how come im always open to new theories and views then?? if i was closed mind, i wouldnt accept new views will i? i comment everyday with members and learn about their views surrounding the NWO. Im even write my own theories on numerous subjects, wouldnt i have to be open minded to do that??

You see something in a post you don't agree with and you know how to tread the fine line between name calling and bashing without losing your precious points.

Errmmm....what are you on about?? again, if this was true would i be an ATS staff member?? Oh but wait!! you probably think the whole of ATS is close minded aswell

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Yes, im an extremist
please dont make me laugh, my sides are really hurting
So i dont expect other peoples views eh? how come im FSME then for the NWO??how come im always open to new theories and views then?? if i was closed mind, i wouldnt accept new views will i? i comment everyday with members and learn about their views surrounding the NWO. Im even write my own theories on numerous subjects, wouldnt i have to be open minded to do that??

Errmmm....what are you on about?? again, if this was true would i be an ATS staff member?? Oh but wait!! you probably think the whole of ATS is close minded aswell

No... I just think you're close minded.... at least to this particular subject. what the heck is FMSE for the NWO? What... just because you're a staff member you can't be wrong?

[edit on 1-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Lostsailor,

You continue to slog through this debate when it is clear that you have been proven wrong. The foreign media isn't out to get your country, all foreign populations don't hate America, etc, etc... Despite the fact that several members have pointed out the hard-headed manner in which you continue to pursue this topic without consideration of logic or the information presented to you. I give up...you know what, you're right. We all hate America.

Happy now?

Now you can be justified in saying whatever you want about other countries because we hate America.

This thread is rediculous, but you have steered it to where it is now and it's really sad because I think you have missed the real message contained in this thread, and that is that foreign media and people are not against America. However, there is a resounding consensus that the current administration's foreign policy really, really sucks. It's fine that you choose not to agree, that is your choice, but don't tell us we're wrong and we hate your country because we disagree with you because that is absurd.

Lukefj

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well the title needs to be changed then. Sailor got a bit wrapped around the axle and thats ok. You are right. In the scheem of things we are a young country. It was not long ago that our founders organized a militia to get out from under a King who is ruler because he was the line goes for generations. It should have been our fledgling country saying to the Crown. "Let our people go". Maybe they would have heard that somewhere. But no, had come spoil our fun and make us fight with the aid of a few of the countries that from some of these posts are wishing they never had helped out in our Revolution. Keep in mind that it was only a couple of years ago that our nation was deliberately attacked. I would venture to say that most of our fellow country men were not aound when that last happened and led us into WWII. Dazed and confused was the order for the week. Everyone stood by us then and vowed to help find those responsible. Well we get pissed, do our own thing because we don't want to wait so everyone is now angry with us. Kind of like a school yard brawl now and apparently the rest of the world wanted us to .........ummmmmmmm talk it out. BS if someone pops me without warning right in the snot locker ya better bet im gonna give all I can back asap weather or not the the passive folks wanted me to talkkkkkkkkkkk it out. Talk I doubt most would talk, react and fight on is more likely.

Silly thread at this point isn't it.

[edit on 12/1/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
Silly thread at this point isn't it.

No doubt. I'd say it's been silly since page one.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

No doubt. I'd say it's been silly since page one.

Durden, aka Deny Everything, is it silly? or just not a viewpoint you want to hear?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thats a load of crap and you know.. stop waving your flag for a minute.. take a deep breathe and relax.

Please explain to me what aspects of communism did Vietnam practice? What aspects of the writings of Karl Marx the inventor of communism did Vietnam ever practice? Easy awnser... none.

The propaganda department in the US labels anyone who disagrees with American policies as a terrorist or a communist. I disagree with US policies.. I guess that makes me a terrorist.. oh well.

Invade Vietnam? Dont' expect the red carpet treatment... invade Iraq? Don't expect the red carpet treatment. Do I feel sorry for US soldiers who died in those conflicts? No. You invade a foreign country prepare for heavy resistance....

I praise all draft card burners and dodgers... these were the people brave enough to stand up against imperialist policies.

Originally posted by devilwasp

the fact is you should try and LIMIT the bad things your country does.
do you think vietnam had any good in it?

Yes.. I think it did... how is protecting other countries from communism a bad thing? You know we had that war won until people like Kerry, Fonda, etc. villified it (for lack of better words)

ice.he.net...

Look in on it... you may learn something... but it isn't something you wanna here right?

[edit on 2-12-2004 by RedOctober90]

[edit on 2-12-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
LostSailor - try and actually inform yourself a little and come back with a rational argument.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Everyone stood by us then and vowed to help find those responsible. Well we get pissed, do our own thing because we don't want to wait so everyone is now angry with us.

Pilot, I don't think that's entirely true, most of the international community certainly stood by you over Afghanistan, and US troops went in there very rapidly along with other coalition forces. Iraq though is another matter entirely. In short the international community along with a fair percentage of US citizens do not trust Bush's reasons and see them at best as ill informed and at worst as disingenious. I agree with you that in regards to troops in Iraq they are doing a very difficult job in horrendous circumstances and should not be used to further any media's agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join