It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well thats good to hear Uber
I do not dislike anyone on first impressions or try not to. Everyone gets a chance in my book. Well thats not quite right. I do have a certain disdain almost hatred for alQuaida.

I was in London at a pub one evening waiting for my flight home. My fellow airman was with me and we were having a few drinks. Rich spilled his and the bar keep came and cleaned it up without a word except not to worry. I spilled mine a few minutes later. Well he had words for us then. "Go back to the colonies would you"!!!! I laughed so hard I almost threw up. I will never ever forget that line.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Its funny that Americans think its wrong to be criticised by other countries, but yet continue to criticise others. You REALLY want to know why most of the world dislike America?? this thread point to the reason. Two words......American patriotism. It borders on extreme nationalism with citizens being brainwashed by so called "patriotism" so they will accept anything.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its funny that Americans think its wrong to be criticised by other countries, but yet continue to criticise others. You REALLY want to know why most of the world dislike America?? this thread point to the reason. Two words......American patriotism. It borders on extreme nationalism with citizens being brainwashed by so called "patriotism" so they will accept anything.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by infinite]

How is it that a person is brainwashed because they are proud of their country? You show no logic here. Who the hell criticised you country?

I guess if you really want to hate something you'll find any means to do it. Take off the blindfold Infinite and start thinking for yourself. I guess you may be blinded by UK patriotism.
or is that hate?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I never ment to imply that it is wrong to receive critisism from other nations. I just ment that after the same countries say the same thing over and over it gets old and starts to fall on deaf ears.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
How is it that a person is brainwashed because they are proud of their country? You show no logic here. Who the hell criticised you country?

I guess if you really want to hate something you'll find any means to do it. Take off the blindfold Infinite and start thinking for yourself. I guess you may be blinded by UK patriotism.
or is that hate?

If you bother reading my post, which i doubt you have the intelligence to do, you will see i put patriotism in "" when reffering to the government using this. Majority of America are patriotic, the US government KNOWS this and uses it as a tool to get what ever they want. So if you believe strongly in your country and you think your government does too, of course you are going to do what they say. Now if you have some intelligence in your brain you are seeing that most of the world dislike the American govenment not the people. Bush has given your country a bad name.

So just because im criticising America that means i hate the country?? hmmm who has the bad logic now. Oh and by the way, i do think for myself and how can i be patriotic to the UK when i dont trust the government or the monarchy?? i support the UK republic movement and im a free person. So i am a independent thinker

So you want a constructed debate or do you want this to get personal ?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yeah infinate. Wonder how many Americans would just like to go ahead and shut the boarders down, deport all non citizens, get the hell out of the UN and while we are at it don't ask for any kind of help. If you get invaded enjoy. Nope, not gonna help you out. Bye bye rest of the world the USA just became secular and will from now on run solo. Take your Toyota, Nissan, Jag, or MB * you can keep Chrysler too *.

Now I don't agree with that total cut off at all. But it is interesting that different generations seem to view that idea a bit differently.

My grandfather was on a B-24 crew in WWII shot down and rescued belives we did our duty for the world now stop being the police to others. If North Korea wants to nuke all the countries around them go ahead it would be end of story and we get to stay home.

Dad, USAF fighter pilot shot down in Vietnam as a young lieutenant, rescued by General John Dean 1st Air Calv in the flesh then ribbed for claiming he could fly his parachute, probably the most patriotic of the three of us thinks if a country ask for help the go do it. Human dignity. But don't go meddling where you are not wanted. If you want a tyrant sociopathic lunatic dictator that gasses your fellow people, by all means keep him, we sure don't want him here.

Me USAF veteran and currently in reserve. I am not sure which angle to go. But I do know one thing. We were attacked on Sept 11. We did what was deemed necessary in Afghanistan. Iraq is teetering for me, there the first time and its ugglllly. BUT what President Bush will do without a doubt in my mind is open a whoooooooollleeeeeee can whup A** if it happens again. He just may take an Israeli point of view and blast the snot out of the enemy responsible. Like Israel, there will be no wait and see. You attack me there will be no waiting for a response. As Israel does everytime they get a suicide nut blowing them selves up on a bus, there is no question they attack big and seems they always get a big bad guy. Bush may and probably with American Citizen support if or when there is another attack on the United States soverign soil and it is as big as Sept 11 I would not want to be on the recieving end of it. Bush is a cowboy and a bit overbearing, but he stands his ground. Imagine him seriously seriously angry and being back up by a majority of really pissed off Americans....hmmmmmmmmmm

Just some thoughts I had reading this thread this morning. Not necessarily my opinion...........YET.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Now if you have some intelligence in your brain you are seeing that most of the world dislike the American govenment not the people. Bush has given your country a bad name.

So you want a constructed debate or do you want this to get personal ?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! Why is it that they hate the US government? Could it be that the media never reports the good things the US does overseas and that they focus solely on the negative aspects? Bush didn't give our country a bad name... the media did...

and hey, you already made this personal a long time ago bud.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! Why is it that they hate the US government? Could it be that the media never reports the good things the US does overseas and that they focus solely on the negative aspects? Bush didn't give our country a bad name... the media did...

the fact is you should try and LIMIT the bad things your country does.
do you think vietnam had any good in it?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

the fact is you should try and LIMIT the bad things your country does.
do you think vietnam had any good in it?

Yes.. I think it did... how is protecting other countries from communism a bad thing? You know we had that war won until people like Kerry, Fonda, etc. villified it (for lack of better words)

ice.he.net...

Look in on it... you may learn something... but it isn't something you wanna here right?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
why do us americans have such an ego .. jesus christ .

they dont dislike us for those reasons . its not the ''superpower'' thing cause australia is right behind us . ''some will say''

im starting to dislike my own people and those who run the country ..

''yeh , they dislike us for the movies and that we are the ''superpower''.. ''

most americans cant decode that sentence to see the level of arrogance in it . whyy guys . why .

all i can say to the brits is GET RID OF BLAIR !!... that guy is dubyas lap dog now and i dont know what he will do to your country .

o yeh , bush is not the full part of our problems . there are more people with him and his ideas who have power , if not more .

[edit on 1-12-2004 by myformerself]

[edit on 1-12-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
WE TELL THEM ALL THE TIME THAT WE HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE POPULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They don't beleive US!!!!
SO what can we do???????????????????

Come on....no country is perfect...americans love their country good for them
We don't hate america
Americans who say that their country is the best and that the other nations are crap that - we don't like....-
They say we hate america, but the fact is...probably they hate us???they don't like the rest of the world, that is why they say that!
Makes me really SAD!!!!!
Calm down your ego, and your life will be better, love yourself that is the important thing

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Check Americas forgien policy...thats why most hate the US government. You must be highly stupid if you think the media only focuses on the bad points. And no, the media didnt give your country a bad name, the bush administration did.

Btw, how many points have you got from this thread?? are you using this topic to gain some point maybe

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Check Americas forgien policy...thats why most hate the US government. You must be highly stupid if you think the media only focuses on the bad points. And no, the media didnt give your country a bad name, the bush administration did.

Btw, how many points have you got from this thread?? are you using this topic to gain some point maybe

No... the Bush administration is just your scapegoat to vent your hate...

And what is this point crap? I don't even know how it works... What do you think I'm like 12 years old or something?

Get real... grow up and quit hating for hates sake.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

This is your problem. You've created your own reallity and won't accept anything but that, even if it comes straight from the horses mouth.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And what is this point crap? I don't even know how it works... What do you think I'm like 12 years old or something?

Get real... grow up and quit hating for hates sake.

No, just as intrepid said you think your right no matter what and won't accept other views. You have your view on the whole world and according to you its right.

lol your mature telling me to grow up, im not hating...no one hear is. I havent seen "hate" in this thread once, all i've seen is members posting other views which you wont accept.

Ok, ill tell you what, when you learn how to accept other people's views and how to have a proper debate, then start a thread like this
until then try and gain some intelligence

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is your problem. You've created your own reallity and won't accept anything but that, even if it comes straight from the horses mouth.

Agreed.
I can see this thread getting closed soon

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here, here Intrepid and Infinite (bang on!)!

I have read this entire thread and from what I've read it is member after member posting exactly why other countries have any kind of negative reaction toward the US, citing evidence and rational opinions, but Lost Sailor refuses to accept any sort of rational thought as he is blinded by his own version of reality in which America and it's administration can do no wrong.

Citing all of the good that America is doing in the middle east. Perhaps the good that is being done (if there is any significant amount of good being done) is overshadowed by the fact that your administration lied to the world as tot he reason why they were going to war in the first place? Did that ever cross your mind? After all, I don't know too many people who enjoy being lied to, especially when the results are so devastating.

When you open your eyes and realize that there is a world beyond America then perhaps you will be able to see that foreign media and foreign citizens do not hate America perse, or it's citizens. they hate the pretensious, egomaniacal administration and their poor, poor, poor foreign policy. The Bush administration is not a scapegoat, they are a black mark on American history as far as foreign policy goes and that is a fact.

Lukefj

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No, just as intrepid said you think your right no matter what and won't accept other views. You have your view on the whole world and according to you its right.

lol your mature telling me to grow up, im not hating...no one hear is. I havent seen "hate" in this thread once, all i've seen is members posting other views which you wont accept.

Ok, ill tell you what, when you learn how to accept other people's views and how to have a proper debate, then start a thread like this
until then try and gain some intelligence

Sounds a bit like calling the kettle black, because I don't accept your views I need to grow up and gain some intelligence?

BTW I accept other peoples views... I have a hard time accepting yours though because you are an extremist with a very closed mind... you preach tolerance and unity... but only if they agree with you.

You see something in a post you don't agree with and you know how to tread the fine line between name calling and bashing without losing your precious points.

No one on ATS posts hatefull spite against Bush? Thats an absurd claim!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the problem is that by a foreign nation telling U.S. citizens that they hate our president and the world hates America because of who we elected is perceived as a slight to the supporter of President Bush. Even Kerry supporters are growing weary and those who did not immediately accept the outcome are throwing support to the President.

Its kind of like me telling your family that your father is hated by the neighborhood because of his ideals.

This is getting ridiculous. I mean really, just look at the title of the thread. Weather or not it is aimed at the President it hits hard and falsely so to the many true carring people of our country.

[edit on 12/1/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I truly believe that certain sections of the American people cannot function without hate. They create their enemies as a means to unify. This is evident with sailor here among others, that they choose to believe that the international community hates the American people as a whole and the ridiculous statement that the dislike of the Bush admin is just a scape goat. It seems this is what you want to believe, that the international community hates Americans, you WANT that. Regardless of it being false, you want to be hated. It motivates you. We pity you.

If it wasnt for the fact that the rest of the Amercan people, the majority, are a truly hospitable and very agreeable bunch of people, your paranoia and bitterness might be justified. Thank god it isnt.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join