It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority wants Abortion to Stay Legal; So it probably won't happen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Haha, that post was entertaining.
The problem is that even though I do forgive you for acting like an idiot, I still think that talking to you in this topic is a waste of my time.
Your one goal seems to be attacking christianity, regardless of what anyone says or posts, so why should I even bother?

Often the most anti-christian individuals see the light eventually, but all I can do is ask God to show you Himself, and back off.
I know you can not really help it you enjoy bashing christianity, you have probably seen many "bad christians" in your life, or maybe your parents were "bad christians", in which case it's not more than logical they screwed your mind up regarding christianity.

I also know I do not have the power (unfortunately) to make you forget your flawed context, so I will leave that up to God.

Was there anything on-topic that you wanted to share b t w?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
It's a matter of faith, something the rest of us are beholding to and punished for not having.

That's good stuff!

I wish I had thought to put it that way. I still don't know if that's simple enough for a simple minded person to understand.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Ok, to kill something it HAS TO BVE ALIVE! If you take a 3 month fetus out, guess what? It isn't alive, it is alive as a tapeworm. Hell, take it out at 6 months, guess what? it isn't alive. It is like a zombie, it isn't alive, but it isn't dead, you can't kill a zombie, but the zombie can "die". Like in the Evil Dead films and all that, the zombies aren't alive, but they aren't dead. Anyways, if abortion is murder, then a woman being on her period is murder, masturbating is murder, taking any kind of pill or using a condom is murder. You religous nutcases can build a timemachine and go back to the time the church ruled europe if you want to live in the days of women being slaves to men, children being the slaves of the father, middle age is 10-12, any form of technology or medicine is the devil, and you have to kill people if they eat meat on a tuesday or walk backwards while whistling with their hands in their pockets and all the other bs rules your religon has.

Somehow you managed to add humor and color to a black and white, dreadful, go-nowhere-debate. Your point was not lost either. A credit to ATS, you are.

You have voted James the Lesser for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

(it may have been the way you managed to work in an Evil Dead reference to the thread, and the bunny avatar didn't hurt either)

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared

You have voted James the Lesser for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

His points are either invalid, or generalizing, or bashing or plain ignorant.
There is not one good sentence in his post, and you vote for him?
I am lost.

Where is ATS going...

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Your poll is complete BS. Abortion is MURDER. Roe v Wade was a LIE based on a LIE. The supreme circus of that time were liberal idiots and will burn in HELL for what they have done.

I find it humorous that the ones most against abortion are also the first ones to support a war. They are the ones most ardently supporting capital punishment and they are the ones telling everyone else to burn in hell. You religious people make me sick...

A war to defend ourselves is different from killing an unborn HUMAN child. Putting to death a CRIMINAL who has often KILLED OTHERS or RAPED people is different then KILLING an INNOCENT HUMAN BABY.

AND BTW - b4 anyone comments

1) I do not practice organised religion
2) I am pro abortion. My political beliefs tell me that it should be up to STATE law to decide. Obviously since there are a lot of liberal states, they should be allowed to have it. This however does not mean I have to like or agree with it.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am very anti abortion, but we as a society tend to have a double standard. We ask for the government to stay out of the affairs of the family and matters of faith but then when it suits us we turn right around and ask the government to make something illegal. I believe if the government continues to keep abortion legal then there should be laws in place for the father of the child. In order to properly debate the abortion issue one would have to completely convince people that it is a human life inside the woman. While I believe that all evidence says that that is so many still don't. Whether it is simply convenient for them to believe that or just plain arrogance, I don't know. Let me present this. If a person attempts suicide and doesn't make it, he or she is locked up and put into therapy. If a person mutilates himself, he is arrested and given therapy. If I do not wear a seatbelt I can get a ticket. These are all personal CHOICES that do not physicly effect anyone yet we are not allowed to do them. But a woman can legally end a pregnancy that she just doesn't want.
Just a thought.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
abortion should stay legal, remain to the woman to decide to jhave an abortion or not!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join