It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority wants Abortion to Stay Legal; So it probably won't happen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see Good and bad, Black and White. Gray will only bring confusion. Satan is confusion. Simplify your life.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Overturning Roe vs Wade will not automatically make abortion illegal. It will put the descision on the legality of abortion in the hands of the states.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

I personally do support capital pumishment. Try'em and fry'em. Yes, I also support WAR with no rules. War is WAR. Kill the enemy, all the enemy, man, woman and child, farm animals, even the grass and trees, everything period.

You need to discover religion and PRAY FOR FORGIVENESS!

[edit on 29-11-2004 by jupiter869]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just a reminder to play nice now

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm against abortion & I'm not a Christian, nor do I support the death penalty. I'm also very pro birth-control & believe education about & access to birth control should be increased.

If abortion is to remain legal, it should at least be referred to as what it exactly is & not by feminist-sounding rhetoric like "a woman's right to choose."

"A woman's right to choose." That sounds so...Oprah.

In the final analysis, "a woman's right to choose" does not adequately describe the act of abortion. Dead fetal tissue chucked in one of those hazmat wastebaskets you see at your doctor is what abortion truly is.

And stop staining the otherwise noble cause of feminism with the blood of these children.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Abortion is a womens right to choose? Did the baby ever have a choice? How would you like it if you beat the odds of a billion to one to actually make it to the embrio and then all of a sudden some j*ck*ss comes and kills you.

When my mom was pregnant with me the docter told her to get an abortion because I might danger her or something and she said no and I am here posting today. Imagine if she said yes, Imagine if your mom was given that choice and she said yes.

What other f*cking spiecies on Earth kills their offspring? I thought the hole survival of the fittest was all about who could reproduce at the fastest rate.

Abortion is murder end of story, Capital punishment is murder end of story. Its not up to us to judge people. What good does killing actually do it just creats more killing.

New more advanced sonograms have shown babies showing expression at a much earlier age then they first thought. Hopefully one day people will realize how spectacular life really is. Please let babies live.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Croat69]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
Overturning Roe vs Wade will not automatically make abortion illegal. It will put the descision on the legality of abortion in the hands of the states.

Which would be the best case, if you stop to think about it. I'm pro--choice, all the way, but what happens if the red states get their way on lots of stuff? Abortion, evolution in schools, pollution, drilling in Alaska, etc, etc.

Blue people move away from the red states.
Blue people stop vacationing in the red states.

The economies of the red states suffer. The educational systems of the red states suffer. The tourism industries of the red states suffer. The legislative powers of the blue states increases.

Basically, the quality of life increases in the blue states. The quality of life in the red states decrease. Why is that a bad thing? Why exactly do we want to bring progress to states like Alabama, South Dakota, and Mississippi? Let them make life unbearable for their citizens.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat69

What other f*cking spiecies on Earth kills their offspring? I thought the hole survival of the fittest was all about who could reproduce at the fastest rate.

Not that I support abortion, but surprisingly, it might interest you to know that there are a lot of species that kill their offspring!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
why does everyone get so bent out of shape on this?
abortion is a grey area, if you don't agree with someone else doing it, who cares, let the deed lay on there concious. They are afterall the ones who do it, not you, not the government, not anyone else. If you believe in god (and from the sounds of things most anti-abortion types so) why is it so hard to give others a choice, just like he gave you?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

Not that I support abortion, but surprisingly, it might interest you to know that there are a lot of species that kill their offspring!

Really? I`d like to know which animals so i can hate them

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Why? they are all God's creatures are they not?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Why? they are all God's creatures are they not?

I guess. But then again i do hate mosquitos and they are Gods creatures.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm sure that even if the mother's life was endangered by the pregnancy (by, say, heart weakness) or even if she was spina bifida and risked spending her life in a wheelchair, some people would say "don't have an abortion! Let the mother die or be paralyzed, but save the kid at all cost!"

Let's turn back the clock to 1699. Those were fun days.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
" "While I don't have a strong feeling about abortions personally, I wouldn't want the law overturned and return to the days of backdoor abortions," said Colleen Dunn, 40, a Republican and community college teacher who lives outside Philadelphia. "

Yeah, I understand her care, although she has no strong feelings one way or another and probably hasn't put too much thought into it.

But I understand. I prefer post-natal abortions as there are many, many people walking around the place who I think are perfect candidates. Why kill the small, innocent when there are those who have proven themselves unworthy? Do you know how tired I get, not having abortions in back alleys but sneaking down them to elude the cops because of my "illegal abortions"? Maybe we should do away with capital murder, too. A rogue court can play legislature and make murder charges unconstitutional. After a few decades of the TV brainwashing people into thinking right is wrong and wrong is right, you'll find a poll that says the citizens don't want to go back to the archaic times of murder charges. Who are we to legislate morality, anyway?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Otts, I'm sure you are aware of the fact that people (Well, those who have thought it out) are against abortions that are NOT due to life-threatening circumstances, and I imagine you know that even before Roe-v-Wade, the motehr had that choice, and I'm sure that you know that the back-alley abortions weren't for medical emergencies. I am also sure that you know that the slaughterhouse industry that makes a "killing" (pardon the pun) slinging dead children into buckets are not there for medical emergencies.

No, let's not go back to 1699, lets go forward to 2080. If this sorry world that is quickly losing its soul makes it that far, I doubt it'll make it much farther. Let's finish this sad crap, not drag it our farther!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If the majority of people want abortion then why is there only 0ne pro to every 15 con?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
TC - I'm glad that mothers have that basic right, if their life is at risk. I think it should also include children conceived of rape IF a psychiatrist concludes that the mental health of the mother is at risk.

For the rest... It's a complicated question. Yes, there's the issue of the life of a child - there's also the very definite issue of a woman's body being her own. How do we reconcile both... I don't believe in abortion as a method of contraception - god knows that if you use both condoms AND the pill, in other words act responsibly, there shouldn't be any problem. But when a fluke happens... and it can... that's where it gets complex.

Also consider this: with abortion being legal, it can be performed in better, more sanitary installations. I think that should it become illegal, it would still be performed, count on it - but in questionable settings.

Finally, I would say to those here who are of the Christian right - if you ban abortion, you can't ban contraceptives. You'll have a revolution on your hands if that happens.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes, I forgot about the rape and incest thing. Good catch.

No, contraceptives aren't even on the table, not an issue to my knowledge. There were certainly Trojans around before Roe-v-Wade, why take them now?

I agree that making it legal makes commiting the murder much neater and sanitary. That is why I am a proponent of legalized post-natal abortions! When I commit my back-alley abortions on dirt bags, it is messy, and between that and running from the cops, well, I don't have to tell you, it is a royal pain! That is why I want it legalized! It would make killing so much more convenient, and certainly less risky!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
For the record, people, I do not kill others. I am not lobbying for the right to "post-natal abortion." For those who are incapable of seeing satire for what it is, for those who do not recognize someone going way over the top to make a point, that is what I am doing. Ok, VOD? Clear enough for all levels to catch this?
No people were harmed in the making of this post. Warranty void if label is broken.
Ninety day money back guarrantee due to manufacturer defect only.
Employees or friends and relatives of employees not eligible for prizes.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
1) I am female
2) I am against all war
3) I am pro-choice. Unfortunately the fetus/potential baby doesn't have a choice , therefore it is society's duty to protect his rights to choose untill he is old enough to choose. As for the pregnant grown up - I support fully your choice for control over your life - I promise not to stop you from committing suicide. Killing the innocent unfortunately I don't believe is your choice.
4) I am so bored with the stereotype of the average abortion seeker - a 12 year old raped by her granddaddy and lives in a trailer park... it's not true. Most "patients" at an abortion clinic are in their late teens/ early twenties and from middle income homes. We all know that the poor love their kids.
5) Abortion is not an alternate to birth control. You know how to have sex, learn how to take birth control.
6) I totally disagree that it is the woman's choice, if she chooses to give birth she can force the father to pay support for the child. What sexist weirdness is this.
7) Being a Christian or not is not really the reason that people are against abortion, its strange that non-christians/pagans etc are all against murder, but I guess its easier to face the murder thats not reported.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join