It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority wants Abortion to Stay Legal; So it probably won't happen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Following the trend that the opposite of what the polls says is usually the outcome, it seems that imo we will soon have anti-abortion judge and abortion will soon be illegal.

Poll: Americans Want Roe V. Wade Upheld
WASHINGTON -- A majority of Americans say President Bush's next choice for an opening on the Supreme Court should be willing to uphold the landmark court decision protecting abortion rights, an Associated Press poll found.

The poll found that 59 percent say Bush should choose a nominee who would uphold the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion. About three in 10, 31 percent, said they want a nominee who would overturn the decision, according to the poll conducted for the AP by Ipsos-Public Affairs.

"While I don't have a strong feeling about abortions personally, I wouldn't want the law overturned and return to the days of backdoor abortions," said Colleen Dunn, 40, a Republican and community college teacher who lives outside Philadelphia.

The preference for Supreme Court nominees who would uphold Roe v. Wade could be found among both men and women, most age groups, most income groups and people living in urban, suburban and rural areas. Fewer than half of Republicans, evangelicals and those over 65 said they favored a nominee who would uphold the abortion ruling.

Bush has sidestepped questions about whom he would name to an opening, but has indicated he would pick judges like those he picked in his first term -- often young and conservative.

Based on the above article and poll, the majority will most likely get exactly what they don't want.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Contraceptives will be next. The privacy decision of the Connecticut case legalizing birth control is the basis for Roe v Wade. One goes, it all goes...just like the Texas Taliban want.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
what I find hard to understand is why Bush and administration is putting more funds into abstinence (clearly no one is listening to that message) instead of alternative birth control methods to abortion.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Your poll is complete BS. Abortion is MURDER. Roe v Wade was a LIE based on a LIE. The supreme circus of that time were liberal idiots and will burn in HELL for what they have done.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not sure where the 'fact' that 'majority want abortion'
comes from. I really don't think so ... but even if that
is right .... just because the majority want it, doesn't
mean it's the best thing to do.

Let's take the election for example .. the majority voted
for G.W. Bush. Do YOU think it's the best thing?? If
you could legally change the outcome of the election
would you??

Same with abortion.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
well I admit 59% isn't exactly a majority but for now, I used it because others have done so in the past to claim majority victories when the percentage is only different by single digits.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
YOU GUYS...you are all men

I have girl friends who had abortion, that is not fun and they don't do it for pleasure of killing that foetus or that "piece of blood that yet has no soul" but it's THEIR OWN BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PEOPLE can do what they want with their body
Why put a child to life if you don't want it and have nothing to feed it...
Abortion is not murder, it's the choice to do what you want with your body...
I take the pill since I'm 17
IF your condom blows up! You are pregnant you live with your parents, you go to school, you are broke...what do you do???????
a pregnancy is 9 months!

You'll never ever change my mind on that!!!! EVER!!!!!
I'm for "your body is yours, do what you want with it!" Killing a foetus or innocent poor people in Irak, big difference!
You maybe can't understand me, but we in Quebec, have abortion for years! Are we bad for that?

That's all I wanted to say!

Amelia

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
YOU GUYS...you are all men

but it's THEIR OWN BODY! PEOPLE can do what they want with their body

Why put a child to life if you don't want it and have nothing to feed it...
Abortion is not murder, it's the choice to do what you want with your body...

but we in Quebec, have abortion for years! Are we bad for that?

1 - I'm a girl, not a guy.

2 - When women commit abortion they do not abort themselves,
they abort a living, breathing, thumbsucking, eye opening, heart beating
BABY HUMAN. So no, abortion is not doing something to your own body.
It's killing a human being. Women don't abort their own bodies, they
abort someone elses. BTW - when babies in the womb are operated
on, they get pain killing drugs. Why? Because they are alive and
FEEL PAIN.

3 - Why bring a child to life if you have nothing to feed it? You don't
kill the child, you allow him or her to be adopted. There is a HUGE
waiting list to adopt. (I know, I have adopted!). There is a very good
screening process about adoption as well. ALSO - if a person can't afford
to bring a child into the world, then they shouldn't be having unprotected
unmarried sex. It's that simple. And don't say RAPE. The last stats I saw
on abortion was that abortion due to rape was for less than 5% of
abortions AND why on earth would someone take a rape victim and further
tramatize them by telling them to murder their own child? That's sick.

4 - Quebec has had abortion for years, are you bad for that? YES. So is
America and so is any other country that murders it's own children. It is
definately bad. However, the fact that people don't understand what
happens in an abortion may mitigate your, and your country's, blame
somewhat. God will be the final judge on just how bad Quebec and
those who support abortion are. Pray and ask him. I'm sure he'll let
you know just how bad abortion is. Pray and keep your eyes and heart
open to His answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Your poll is complete BS. Abortion is MURDER. Roe v Wade was a LIE based on a LIE. The supreme circus of that time were liberal idiots and will burn in HELL for what they have done.

I REALLY feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
We can tell that our present administration is a religious agenda, but I though that it was just to attract votes from the religious fundamentalist groups that control the bible belt.

Now using money to promote abstinence and giving it to support faith base programs is not going to stop abortion and it will never stop sex.

So if abortion has to be pass tr hough the congress is going to be a hard issue to sell.

When people understand that the only one condemning the natural act of sex is the man made bible perhaps we will be able to come to terms about abortion and safe sex but leaving religous group to dictate what you are not or able to do with your life and your body and your preferences nothing will be acomplish.

If you don't want abortion don't have it but don't tell somebody else what to do with her choice.

And that is the end of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I find it humorous that the ones most against abortion are also the first ones to support a war. They are the ones most ardently supporting capital punishment and they are the ones telling everyone else to burn in hell. You religious people make me sick...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
the ones most against abortion are also the first ones to support a war. They are the ones most ardently supporting capital punishment and they are the ones telling everyone else to burn in hell.

I see abortion for what it is ... murder. I do support the war because
I see it for what it is ... liberation of those who have suffered mass
murder, theft, rape, mutilation while at the same time cutting into the
terrorist network that seeks to destroy my country. I do NOT support
capital punishment. Not at all. I have never told anyone that they were
going to burn in hell. I leave that up to God to tell them.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If you don't want abortion don't have it but
don't tell somebody else what to do with her choice.

Murdering children should never be a viable choice.
If a woman was killing herself ... there could be discussion.
But she isn't. She is killing a child. She isn't aborting herself.
She is aborting a child. Her crime is against someone else.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In my humble, and I'm sure unpopular, opinion, I don't think that ANY man (except m.d.'s) should tell ANY woman what to do with her body. It's her choice, and if it's wrong, she'll have to live with it and face the consequences in this life and the next, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I see abortion for what it is ... murder.

As a matter of opinion. But is this just murder of a human that you are concerned with? Because animals suffer much worse fates, but that's not called murder, it's called animal cruelty. So somehow we are better than animals or something?

I do support the war because
I see it for what it is ... liberation of those who have suffered mass
murder, theft, rape, mutilation while at the same time cutting into the
terrorist network that seeks to destroy my country.

You don't support war for seeing it as it is, you support it for seeing it as you are told to see it. How do you justify the innocent children that have been killed in this war? Collateral damage? Isn't killing these children in Iraq murder? How do you seperate the two and still manage to dillute yourself into believing that the war is good and that abortion is bad?

I have never told anyone that they were
going to burn in hell. I leave that up to God to tell them.

So you assume that god will do for you what you believe to be true? Are you reading what you're saying? I can't believe you actually take yourself seriously...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I find it humorous that the ones most against abortion are also the first ones to support a war. They are the ones most ardently supporting capital punishment and they are the ones telling everyone else to burn in hell. You religious people make me sick...

Sorry if truth and justice make you sick. Abortion is MURDER in the most horrific way against truely innocent's. I personally do support capital pumishment. Try'em and fry'em. Yes, I also support WAR with no rules. War is WAR. Kill the enemy, all the enemy, man, woman and child, farm animals, even the grass and trees, everything period.

Yes, I am deeply religious, when God returns he's not going to say "I was just kidding" he's going to clean the earth of evil...period.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Sorry if truth and justice make you sick. Abortion is MURDER in the most horrific way against truely innocent's. I personally do support capital pumishment. Try'em and fry'em. Yes, I also support WAR with no rules. War is WAR. Kill the enemy, all the enemy, man, woman and child, farm animals, even the grass and trees, everything period.

Yes, I am deeply religious, when God returns he's not going to say "I was just kidding" he's going to clean the earth of evil...period.

Hahaha! Jesus christ, you religious zealots. Listen to yourself! Since when did "Thou Shalt Not Kill," become, "Kill the enemy in all forms, destroy the enviroment, kill all offenders, but honor thy fetus."

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Lighten up and smoke a phatty!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Hahaha! Jesus christ, you religious zealots. Listen to yourself! Since when did "Thou Shalt Not Kill," become, "Kill the enemy in all forms, destroy the enviroment, kill all offenders, but honor thy fetus."

"Thou Shall not Murder" is the correct translation. God told Joshua when he cleaned out the middle east the first time to kill every living thing. Abortion is Murder. War is usually Good vs Evil at least in the last 100 years or so.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

"Thou Shall not Murder" is the correct translation. God told Joshua when he cleaned out the middle east the first time to kill every living thing. Abortion is Murder. War is usually Good vs Evil at least in the last 100 years or so.

According to whose translation?

"God told Joshua when he cleaned out the middle east the first time to kill every living thing."

So every living thing was evil? Makes a bunch of sense.

And since when was war good vs. evil? It is according to those that wish to absolve themselves of any guilt. Good and evil is basically a point of view, having a concept such as god doesn't justify your backwards and contradicting views...

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join