It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 666 actually the number of a person who was alive at the time the bible was written? Math seems

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
many believe the actual (real / original) Jerusalem was near Mecca ...

Mostly just Muslims who are trying to somehow bolster their religion by hanging on the coat tails of the established old Jewish sites and people. Muslim legends are invented and attributed to bible characters and places - like Jerusalem - or like the fiction that Abraham built the Kaaba. It's just fictitious lore to try to bolster Islamic credibility.

Timeline of Jerusalem Remains of houses and structures dating to 3500 BC have been found and confirm that Jerusalem has always been exactly where it is today.

Anyways .. back to the 666 ... like I said, I'm not a fan of Revelation.
I'm not sold on it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

for it is the number of a man:
I don't think that is a good translation.
Better would be "the number of man", or a 'human' number.
Keep in mind that the subject is the beast, which represents the forces that would like to destroy humanity if given the opportunity.
So what it seems to be saying is that it is using a human agency to harm, or bring an end to, human existence.
Of course the point of the book is that the beast is defeated.
edit on 14-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I guess that could be fairly said if one is not finicky about the distances involved in "being surrounded". If one ignores those, then we could also say that Hawai'i is surrounded by arctic waters...

The "666 miles" thingy IS a fun factoid, but I would think that for it to apply it would need to be 666 stadia, or 666 kilocubits, or some other measuring system or variant thereof used at the time Revelations was written - I can't find anyone else measuring distances in miles around the time of it's production. Then again, I am not real big on predictive prophecy, so I've not really dug too deeply into it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
or some other measuring system or variant thereof used at the time Revelations was written -

Maybe, since Revelations is ALLEGEDLY supposed to be about a future time period, then the measurement was in regards to a future way of measuring things ... nautical miles and not whatever the measuring thing was of that time period. If John was supposedly seeing in the future, I'd think he'd see the measurements as 'in the future' as well.

But .. like I said ... I'm not a fan of Revelation.
It's just a fun factoid.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GArnold
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Either way it spells Nero Ceaser or nern Ceaser as the video shows. 616 or 666.

Nero Ceaser = 616 in Hebrew
Nern Ceaser = 666 in Hebrew

666 could mean anything, Solomon was delivered 666 talents of gold annually also, does this mean Gold is the Antichrist or the Devil?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It is proven Christianity or the New Testament has been changed numerous times throughout history. For something so Holy to be so corrupt, it is only logical that a new religion and new teachings would spawn from the fraudulent bs.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It was actually a Christian who first wrote on the topic. It was his own research that started all this.

Saudi Arabia's reaction to his research was to attempt to erase off the map some of those towns the Christian man wrote about.. they literally went in with bulldozers and leveled entire towns. THAT reaction made people take notice and wonder if what that Christian man wrote had any truth to it when our own religion was examined...

So some Muslims decided to examine it to find the truth... and guess what... it is very possibly true.

The ramifications of that truth, for both the Jews and the Muslims, is something no one wants to face, not the Muslims and not the Jews.

So no, its not about the Muslims trying to gain more legitimacy, its about a small group of Muslims that think the truth might actually be important - regardless of the ramifications.

edit on 14-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join