It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 666 actually the number of a person who was alive at the time the bible was written? Math seems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

Soleman did not write the book of Revelation.

And you are correct that it is written concerning the romans at the time. But neither does it negate the fact it will happen again as well. It predicted the end of a civilization. That happens over and over, following the same patterns.
edit on 12-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Obviously you did not watch the video where they say without a doubt that Soleman wrote Revelations. 666 the number if you watch the video has interesting properties. It is the sum of 1-36 the numbers on a roulette wheel. It is also a "triangle number"
edit on 12-5-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I believe the number of Jesus is 642. I forget where I read that, though, and at the moment I'm too lazy to look it up.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

ooooooookay.

Sorry, I believe in what can be proven, not in anything I hear. Nice thread. I'll leave you to it.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Piss off stay away. I could care less what you think. It is apparent you did not spend one second watching the video I posted so please go away.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The author of Revelation identifies himself several times as "John."[5] The author also states that he was on Patmos when he received his first vision:[6]

I John... was in the isle that is called Patmos for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. ...[A]nd I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet saying: What thou seest, write in a book...[7]

As a result, the author of Revelation is sometimes referred to as John of Patmos

en.wikipedia.org...

The author of revelation gave his name. This is why I disagree with whom you believe wrote it.

Now I'll "piss off"

I gave you a star and flag anyway...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

The author of Revelation identifies himself several times as "John."[5] The author also states that he was on Patmos when he received his first vision:[6]

I John... was in the isle that is called Patmos for the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. ...[A]nd I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet saying: What thou seest, write in a book...[7]

As a result, the author of Revelation is sometimes referred to as John of Patmos

en.wikipedia.org...

The author of revelation gave his name. This is why I disagree with whom you believe wrote it.

Now I'll "piss off"

I gave you a star and flag anyway...

Thank you I do appreciate it. I do apologize for what I said. I repesct your view... I think it wrong however.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GArnold
English Revised Version
Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty and six.

What if those numbers actually represent a name... In Greek and Hebrew letters can represent numbers. The Name Nero Caesar are infamous with a despiser ruler.. yet in Hebrew that name is spelled differently. When you take the numerical value of the name it is 666.

www.youtube.com...

If anyone can post the video in the thread I would appreciate it.

Each and every pope, though they have their own personally chosen names (Benedict XVI, John Paul II, etc.), they still all rule under the official title of "Vicarius Filii Dei", which means Vicar for the Son of God; basically meaning they represent Jesus here on earth while Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, in Heaven.

When adding each letter of "Vicarius Filii Dei" together, using the Latin numeral and letter system, the name adds up to 666. There are numerous other titles referring to the popes and the Vatican, each of which add up to 666.

Here is a link which explains it in much more detail. There are some interesting links at the bottom of that page as well.

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GArnold

Obviously you did not watch the video where they say without a doubt that Soleman wrote Revelations. 666 the number if you watch the video has interesting properties. It is the sum of 1-36 the numbers on a roulette wheel. It is also a "triangle number"

I'm confused as to just who didn't watch the video here. Mr Numerology, or whatever the heck his name is, says very clearly at 7:22 in the video that John wrote it.

The rest of the video is so much gobbledeygook, "fun with numbers". A roulette wheel? seriously? What's a roulette wheel got to do with it?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return
The fact that Christianity started as a Jewish apocalyptic movement is evidenced by the teachings of the Biblical Jesus concerning the end of days. Not only did he preach he would rise from the grave, but that he would also ascend to the Heaven and one day return to judge and rule over the world. When did Jesus say his return would be? While he said no one, including himself, knew the exact time of his return, he knew it would be before the end of his generation.

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

blacknonbelievers.wordpress.com...
if Jesus was a poster here would he have to change his AV after a flop like that?
edit on Monpm5b20145America/Chicago20 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I think the 666 thing is only due to a translation error.

A 1700 year old piece of papyrus from Oxyrhynchus (upper egypt) which is the oldest known manuscript of Revelations gives the number as 616. This agree's with a 5th century Greek manuscript of the bible called Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus where the number is given in full as "six hundred and sixteen".

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've read that the city of Tarsus in Hebrew equals 666.

Taw - 400

Resh - 200

Samek - 60

Waw - 6

Or Trsw, 666, the Semitic name for the city of Tarsus, where Paul is supposedly from.

Matthew 16
11"How is it that you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread? But beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 12Then they understood that He did not say to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Paul was a Pharisee before his conversion, he aligned Jesus with OT teachings by calling him a blood sacrifice for sins.

Jesus said that people would come in his name and deceive many and to beware of Pharisee teachings. Paul came in Jesus' name as a "former" Pharisee. Put two and two together people.

edit on 5/13/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Either way it spells Nero Ceaser or nern Ceaser as the video shows. 616 or 666.

Nero Ceaser = 616 in Hebrew
Nern Ceaser = 666 in Hebrew
edit on 13-5-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
666 is a VERY common number.Revelation 13:18 says NOTHING about it being the "number" of a "name " of "a" person.Translators inserted an"a" before man.All the speculation is just a religious agenda to fit a false extrapolation from the scriptures.

John was clearly told to "calculate" because it is in equations.The most prominent being the math theorem of a Pythagorean right triangle triple

666²+888²=1110²

In Greek the name of Yahoshua is Ἰησοῦς(Iesous) Greek is an alphanumeric language where letters equal numbers which is called isopsephia.The name Iesous=888

666 has NOTHING to do with names of people in history or carbon molecules or any of the other false theories.It is a number to be calculated.The most significant is in the calculation of the Golden ratio called phi(1:0.618)…..or Phi(1:1.618…….).It is calculated through the Fibonacci number(Fn) sequence.

0-1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89-144-233….etc to infinity

By dividing adjacent Fn they sum to phi/Phi which grows closer and closer to 618 but will never reach it.
666 is in the beginning

Fn3÷Fn4
2/3=.666………………
Fn5/Fn4
5/3=1.666……
to
Fn11/Fn12
89/144=0.618,055,555(phi)
Fn13/Fn12
233/144=1.618,055,555(Phi)

to infinity……..

Rev 13:18 is directly followed by Rev 14:1(there were not chapter breaks) with the number 144 thousand .This number is only in the book of Revelation(Rev 7,Rev14,Rev21).

The book of Revelation is about the apocalypse(which means unveiling) of Yahoshua..which means Yahweh is salvation/deliverence.It is written in signs(metaphors and numbers).It is NOT about a great cataclysmic end of the world scenario where "The Antichrist" takes over the world then the creator God saves the day by destroying his enemies(the majority of mankind) and the planet earth.That is religious fantasy nothing more.

All of scripture is about one thing.The creator God is saving/delivering all of mankind from the realm of death through Yahoshua to be in an infinite "relationship(ratio) with them.The Golden ratio of phi/Phi.It starts with 666 …the number of the beast of man.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
All of scripture is about one thing.The creator God is saving/delivering all of mankind from the realm of death through Yahoshua to be in an infinite "relationship(ratio) with them.

I would say that it's all about mankind's struggle to make sense of a chaotic world, and for the most part failing. The Bible doesn't have a happy ending, but only the prediction of a possible one. Wishful thinking, basically.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Fun factoid - The Kabba in Mecca is exactly 666 nautical miles from where the Holy of Holies stood on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Mecca also sits on seven hills and is surrounded by many waters (Revelation).

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Rex282
All of scripture is about one thing.The creator God is saving/delivering all of mankind from the realm of death through Yahoshua to be in an infinite "relationship(ratio) with them.

I would say that it's all about mankind's struggle to make sense of a chaotic world, and for the most part failing. The Bible doesn't have a happy ending, but only the prediction of a possible one. Wishful thinking, basically.

Yes the old testimony scriptures are mostly about the nation of Israel(then Judah)....Israel means "struggles with God".Israel is the archetype of all mankind who..struggles with God.Mankind is the "chosen" people (children) of the creator God..not an ancient nation that doesn't exist anymore.

The culmination of life comes down to the most known fact there is....everyone is going to die.The scriptures testify that ALL of mankind will be deleivered from the realm of death through Yahoshua.That's the Good News.It doesn't take "believing it" to cause it to happen it will happen regardless.

To believe it is just a small step of acceptance that can effect your life in the physical realm.When it happens everyone will "know"so yes...it is wishfull thinking for those that beleive however that does not effect the outcome...and that is the rub for the billions that believe otherwise.

Yes the "bible" doesn't have a happy ending and not because of the false belief there is a great "apocalypse" of destruction in the book of Revelation but because the "bible" is the religious doctrines of men.It is the perversion of THE Truth of the scriptures.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Fun factoid - The Kabba in Mecca is exactly 666 nautical miles from where the Holy of Holies stood on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Mecca also sits on seven hills and is surrounded by many waters (Revelation).

Ummm... the last time I mapped out Mecca (and you really ought to see that map - you'd LOVE it!), it was surrounded by many deserts, with not much water in sight at all...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That could go toward proving Israel as being evil just as easily. You do realize, many believe the actual (real / original) Jerusalem was near Mecca because of the 7 hills etc. Place names are also very important, and that area has them all in original form.

The Quran gives a condemnation about this also, the Jews changing the names from the places...

Interesting to say the least. www.tajdeed.org...
edit on 14-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu
Ummm... the last time I mapped out Mecca (and you really ought to see that map - you'd LOVE it!), it was surrounded by many deserts, with not much water in sight at all...

Talking about waters ... Revelation 17:1 - One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters.

Revelation 17:9 - This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

The great prostitute who sits by many waters ... Mecca sits on the Zam Zam Well and is surrounded by many waters - Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Oman, Mediterraneas, Caspian and Black Seas. AND Mecca sits on seven hills.

The 666 miles from The Holy of Holies to Mecca is a 'fun factoid' ...

I personally put no stock in the '666' or '616' thing ... but the fun factoid is enough to get people who DO believe in Revelation all worked up.

edit on 5/14/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join